Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marine - home

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Marine - home on Sat Jan 21 2017, 19:38

Even though Marine had a lot of the ball, particularly in the second half, they offered little threat to the efficient Matt in goal. Even though we never really clicked into top gear, we could have and should have added to the two well-taken headers from the ever-improving and impressive Jordan.

It is good to see Chris Knight back with us, looking as if he'd never been away. He always looked calm on the ball and in full control of all situations thrown his way.

With a very healthy attendance of 857, things are looking good for SFC, having taken 30 out of the last 36 points, scoring 27 goals and only 6 conceded. If we continue like this, a play-off place looks very probable. With Blyth being the team to catch for the automatic promotion place, the game here in 4 weeks time could be pi

View user profile

2 Re: Marine - home on Sat Jan 21 2017, 23:49

Man of the match voting was as follows:

JORDAN ARCHER 32

Tom Tonks }6
Jack Duggan

Chris Knight 5

Stuart Pierpoint. 1

1 vote outstanding

HAYDN RYDER won the wine ( but as he is underage he has opted for a club badge)

Thanks to everyone who took part

View user profile

3 Marine - home on Sun Jan 22 2017, 09:56

......................could be pivotal. (silly me !!! )

One other point, nothing to do with the Marine match really, but if Cohen Bramall of Hednesford went to Arsenal for, reportedly, £40k, how much Dan Scarr to Bham City - £30k plus VAT ?????

View user profile

4 Re: Marine - home on Mon Jan 23 2017, 19:24

redpike wrote:......................could be pivotal. (silly me !!! )

One other point, nothing to do with the Marine match really, but if Cohen Bramall of Hednesford went to Arsenal for, reportedly, £40k, how much Dan Scarr to Bham City - £30k plus VAT ?????

Website says "undisclosed fee", but I did hear a rumour at the Marine game that 20K was the amount.  But that might well be incorrect of course, and as long as we actually get some money for him I don't really care how much it is.  The number of good players we've lost for nothing in the last few seasons it will be nice to get something back for a change Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum