Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

On the telly this evening...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 On the telly this evening... on Thu Jan 10 2013, 19:19

Michael Portillo's railway journeys programme featured the Stourbridge Town branch, and you could see my Mum and Dad's front garden in one of the aerial shots!

I knew you'd all be impressed!

View user profile

2 Re: On the telly this evening... on Fri Jan 11 2013, 02:06

I'm watching them over lunch the next day; so that's tomorrow lunchtime's viewing Very Happy

View user profile

3 Re: On the telly this evening... on Fri Jan 11 2013, 18:33

stour_boy wrote:I'm watching them over lunch the next day; so that's tomorrow lunchtime's viewing Very Happy

You know how to live!

View user profile

4 Re: On the telly this evening... on Fri Jan 11 2013, 20:18

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
stour_boy wrote:I'm watching them over lunch the next day; so that's tomorrow lunchtime's viewing Very Happy

You know how to live!

In fairness, its breaking up the revision nicely Sad

Watched it today; funny how the aerial shots of Dudley make the place look almost nice Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: On the telly this evening... on Fri Jan 11 2013, 20:29

It was done on the one sunny day we had last year!

By the way, I was amused to see that the journey from Dudley Port to Stourbridge, via Smethwick Galton Bridge, involved speeding through open countryside with lambs frolicking in the fields, birds no doubt singing sweetly in the trees, etc, etc...!

Somebosy needs to have a serious word with the continuity people!

View user profile

6 Re: On the telly this evening... on Wed Feb 06 2013, 22:04

TRM wrote:Michael Portillo's railway journeys programme featured the Stourbridge Town branch, and you could see my Mum and Dad's front garden in one of the aerial shots!

I knew you'd all be impressed!

Last night's programme completed the set with an aerial shot of my mother-in-law's house in Clonmel, not to mention the church where I got married.

View user profile

7 Re: On the telly this evening... on Thu Feb 07 2013, 00:18

TRM wrote:It was done on the one sunny day we had last year!

By the way, I was amused to see that the journey from Dudley Port to Stourbridge, via Smethwick Galton Bridge, involved speeding through open countryside with lambs frolicking in the fields, birds no doubt singing sweetly in the trees, etc, etc...!

Somebosy needs to have a serious word with the continuity people!

Haha they have improved this generally as the series have gone on but it still could be improved upon. I'm not sure where those nice scenes were but it was a train running under overhead wires (that was the clue that it was a fake!) so I'm guessing it was either the cross-city or Birmingham-Wolverhampton line (on that short stretch of nice scenery Very Happy ).

For some reason they love to have the trains going from right to left so they have reversed some of the film, so the trains appear to be travelling the wrong way along the line. Doubtless some 'creative' type at the BBC who think it looks better.

View user profile

8 Re: On the telly this evening... on Thu Feb 07 2013, 09:46

stour_boy wrote:
For some reason they love to have the trains going from right to left so they have reversed some of the film, so the trains appear to be travelling the wrong way along the line. Doubtless some 'creative' type at the BBC who think it looks better.

O...............M...............G......... Twisted Evil

View user profile

9 Re: On the telly this evening... on Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:25

Quite apart from all the family connections it's worth catching on iPlayer for a look at Semple Stadium in Thurles, one of the great staiums of Gaelic sports - ie, Hurling, Gaelic football and camogie.

I went there once to see Tipperary play Galway at hurling. Two big seated stands on either side, and vast open terraces at either end. A real old-fashioned ground with not one executive box in sight. Capacity 52,000 in a town with a population of just 7,000!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum