Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colwyn Bay home

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Colwyn Bay home on Sat Feb 13 2016, 19:12

In a game of few chances, we achieved a thoroughly-deserved win by being patient and believing the goals would come. Having said that, I thought that, at times, we lacked a bit of urgency but the team responded and upped a gear in response to the crowd's growing frustration.

Even though the ref didn't help by not having the best of games, C Bay were one of the most unsporting teams I've seen for a while and don't deserve any good wishes for the future.

Our defence had a good game with Stuart giving an inspiring captain's performance.  With Dan continuing to improve and with our new signings, we are strong in that department. Up front slightly worries me in that, if Karl gets injured, we haven't got much cover. Our midfield weren't at their best today, although Chris was on fire for most of the first half. Good to see Drew back again when coming on as sub and certainly added something to the team.

On his momentous occasion, Leon was as we've come to expect over the years -hard-working, skilful and never letting his head drop. What an example to us all !!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck lads on Tuesday.

View user profile

2 Re: Colwyn Bay home on Sat Feb 13 2016, 19:19

Man of the Match voting was as follows:

DAN SCARR  19 votes

Leon Broadhurst   7

Stuart Pierpoint  6

Junior Smikle  5

Drew Canavan  2

Chris Lait
Sean Geddes   }  1

Wine was won by PHIL PAYNE

Thanks to all who took part

View user profile

3 Re: Colwyn Bay home on Sat Feb 13 2016, 19:53

Much needed and a thoroughly deserved win in the end against an unsporting and ill-disciplined Colwyn Bay outfit in a game that was spoilt by a very poor referee who lost control of the game the minute Lait went down.

Lait himself had a very good first half, but faded a little in the second but still very good to see him get 90 minutes.

The back four were all excellent other than Green who had a bit of a mare, as did Billingham who had one of the poorest games I can remember. I think Billingham was about to be subbed but Geddes just told the bench he was coming off. Sean had however had a very good first half but less effective in the second.

If Richards effectiveness was a debating point in the last home match, it really wasn't today as he was most definitely ineffectual for the most part.

Well done to Gary for making the changes when he did as all the substitutes worked - Drew creating the second for Vincent and Whittall putting in a good shift as well.

All in all a good win and I'm glad we kept our discipline in a game that always threatened to get pretty tasty.

Good luck to the lads for Tuesday.

View user profile

4 Re: Colwyn Bay home on Sat Feb 13 2016, 19:59

And a special mention to Leon on his 600th appearance. And yet another battling performance from him.

Class act on and off the pitch and here's to the next 600.

View user profile

5 Re: Colwyn Bay home on Sat Feb 13 2016, 23:23

Not the most exciting game this season, but as long as we continue gaining 3 points by F-T I don't really care.  I've seen better games where we've lost, so congratulations to the entire team and also to Leon for reaching 600 games.

I just hope that now we've finally settled down as a team and found some consistency, that we will continue to do so on Tues at Nantwich (Providing that game ever gets played!).

We don't need anymore Barwell's during the remainder of this season Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum