Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Braintree in the Trophy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Braintree in the Trophy on Thu Jan 14 2016, 19:47

Cannot make this one unfortunately.
Steve Sidaway and Dave Gorton have kindly agreed to run the Man of the match for me,thanks to them for that. Please look out for them.

Good Luck to the team and a safe journey there and back to all who travel.

COYG

View user profile

2 Re: Braintree in the Trophy on Sat Jan 16 2016, 22:11

A good overall team performance, especially in the second half.

This was reflected in the Man of the Match voting where 10 different players were nominated.

Charlie Price was the only player with 4 votes so he wins MOTM - just behind were Matt Dodd and Dan Scarr with 3 votes each.

And the winner of the supporters' draw is Lottie Coyle.

View user profile

3 Re: Braintree in the Trophy on Sat Jan 16 2016, 23:15

Another Excellent result on as heavy a pitch as expected. I decided to go when it passed the morning inspection but still half expected it to be off when I got there! with the games they've had off, fortunate to get this done at the first time of asking.

Up against it in the first half as they dominated territory and possession, without creating much, indeed can't remember Price having a save to make. Second half was much better and we got on top, could have scored more and some excellent defending as we dug it out in a similar manner to Rushall the other week. Dodd ended up in the net for the goal, wasn't sure if it may have already crossed the line by then? they struggled to provide any reaction to going behind, as the manager was robustly pointing out in the inquest I could hear going on!. hard to single any Stourbridge player out, excellent all round.

Another headline grabbing win (first mention on the FA's roundup) I did say back in October that getting embroiled in this might not help the league campaign, a bit late now! mind you some clubs aren't taking it seriously, Cheltenham fielded an unknown eleven and are replaying Oxford city at home on Wednesday, 24 hours after hosting Kiddy in the league! that's a disgrace, and they equalised in 90+3 as well, should have just let Oxford have it, if they can't be bothered.

Nice non league ground today, they are clearly doing well to be stable in the conference, I can just imagine the reaction of some ex league clubs when they go there! and if they can stage top flight non league there, i'm sure Amblecote could stage it.

View user profile

4 Re: Braintree in the Trophy on Sun Jan 17 2016, 01:49

Immense performance. Braintree were certainly on top first half, but we defended really well and earned the right to be the better team second half. Hard to pick anyone out, but Charlie was great first half in coming for everything that came into the box, and Stu and Dan were also superb.

Being exciled down south and not seeing many games, having seen us outplay Dover and Braintree am just frustrated that we don't have more points on the board in the league. Time to get a run going.

Echo the views above - have seen nothing this season to think we can't get there at some point. We are good enough to get promotion this season, but if not we just need to keep going in the right direction and get there eventually.

A very proud Glassboy tonight.

View user profile

5 Re: Braintree in the Trophy on Mon Jan 18 2016, 15:00

Either Bradford PA or Nantwich away in the next round, so another day out for us all to enjoy. Just hope that if it's Bradford PA it doesn't get postponed 3 times like the last time we played them.

It was an excellent performance on Saturday by the whole team, and by the end of the game we certainly deserved the win. Although the ground itself wasn't that bad compared to the pitch, I was not impressed by their lack of support considering they're national league. We get more than that at home and we're 2 divisions below em' Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum