Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colwyn Bay

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Colwyn Bay on Wed Oct 07 2015, 14:59

As I don't get to many weekend away matches,due to work last night was a great away experience,was nice to see a lot of supporters on the coach and a few that travelled by car,about the match,hate to critise the ref but he was bad for both sides,enough said,the first half was not a classic with Stour in second gear,Karl Hawley had a goal disallowed for hand ball and we hit the post,we started the second half with a bit more urgency,the penalty was well taken by Karl and Stour second goal was a good team effort for Justin Richards to score they had a goal disallowed at 1-0 for I think for a foul and had a player sent off for two yellows,only sour note was Ben Billingham getting sent off on 93rd minute!

View user profile

2 Re: Colwyn Bay on Wed Oct 07 2015, 19:53

Another good determined away performance , with everyone giving 100%, a good entertaining game. Not quite the fluid performance of Saturday, but we defended well, battled hard and showed creativity in midfield and broke forward well with purpose. Again though our big failing was not scoring the goals our approach play promised,  overall I thought we were the better team and fully deserved the 3 points. Colwyn Bay fought hard but lacked any finishing power going forward, when we went in front they seemed to withdraw back instead of trying to push forward to get something out of the game.
It has to be said we were the beneficiaries of 2 big debatable refereeing decisions, Karl Hawley's penalty and their disallowed equaliser, on both occasions the referee saw a foul which most of the crowd and players did not. That's not to say he was wrong , but it is a long time since I have seen a referee receive such a hostile and quite venomous reception from the home supporters at the end of the game.
Their sending off was , I thought, inevitable given the referee was very pernickety and the player in question had already been booked for a succession of fouls on matt dodd and had been given a stern warning only minutes previously. I did not see Bens dismissal (collecting motm slips again), but understand he was a tad unlucky not to receive just a yellow.
Must mention the away support, for the second away game running it was excellent, especially given the distance we had to travel on a cold, wet Tuesday. The players and management must also be commended, a day at work, a 3 1/4 coach journey, play for 90 mins in the rain, 3 1/4 journey back ( we got back at ground at 1.30PM), then up next morning to go to work. True non league football, it makes you proud to be a supporter.

The Man of the Match voting was as follows;

BRIAN SMIKLE  14 votes

Leon Broadhurst 4

Matt Dodd 3

Stuart Pierpoint  { 1
Tom Tonks

The wine was won by HUGH CLARK

Thanks to everyone who took part.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum