Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

MARINE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 11:04

Not really looking forward to this.  The result is almost of secondary importance, what I want to see is a good shift put in after last Monday's debacle, the supporters are owed that even if the result isn't forthcoming.

View user profile

2 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 11:19

Jack

avatar
Admin
Attendance should be interesting. Josh needs to be starting today.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

3 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 14:16

2-1 to the Glassboys.

View user profile

4 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 17:17

This season can't end soon enough.....absolutely shocking.
I can't for the life of me understand why we don't just give a few youth team players a run out,we may actually get a bit of passion then.

View user profile

5 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 19:15

If you want youth team players in our first team then get a reserve side.

Again it was proved our kids aren't good enough to play in our league. JMP proved that again today. If you want kids in the team they have to come from a higher level.

View user profile

6 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 20:28



Not great again, but a vast improvement from Monday. Fairly entertaining game in which a draw was a fair result, good away support.

The first half was fairly tight with the header which hit Canavan on the line the closest chance. Don't think it was a penalty as was being claimed. Two goals in quick succession in the second half after a fair old drought. The first was a great move, a rare moment of quality in recent times, but you always felt 2-0 wouldn't be enough and the goals conceded where poor once more with one lofted over the keeper - yet again. Fairly end to end in the last few minutes and they looked the more likely to score, they didn't look that great though conceding their position in the form table (of which we are bottom), neither where we but at least we competed today.

I exited by the players tunnel tonight, having a lift, we where there a while as their sounded like an almighty fracas going on inside the dressing room area.

View user profile

7 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 20:39

Jack

avatar
Admin
Was it our lot kicking off?

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

8 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 21:07

I heard something had been said to a Stour player!

View user profile

9 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 21:19

baz wrote:I heard something had been said to a Stour player!

By who?

View user profile

10 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 21:26

Sorry last post was a bit vague,a marine player allegedly said a few bad things to a Stour player!

View user profile

11 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 21:26

So the Glassboys loose a two goal lead, the Albion loose to the bottom team in the Premier League and the Villa win at Tottenham......how much more crap can one day get ????

wasn't able to get to today's game so I guess that Mr T Tree's comment says it all really

View user profile

12 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 21:35

Old Codger wrote:So the Glassboys loose a two goal lead, the Albion loose to the bottom team in the Premier League and the Villa win at Tottenham......how much more crap can one day get ????

wasn't able to get to today's game so I guess that Mr T Tree's comment says it all really


And forest lost......shocking day at the office.

View user profile

13 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 21:39

Jack

avatar
Admin
But Burton won and thats all that matters.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

14 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:14

Jack wrote:But Burton won and thats all that matters.

After the Stour result surely ????

View user profile

15 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:22

Jack

avatar
Admin
There was a large degree of sarcasm OC! Very Happy

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

16 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:23

I bet it was their assistant manager causing trouble, he was doing it all game from what I could see from the seated stand; his language was terrible. The stewards did nothing needless to say.

Disappointing that we threw it away again, although thought our Twitter was very harsh to say their first goal was 'wind assisted' , I thought it was a great finish.

Two moments of quality and two goals. Then we look like a side full off confidence. Wait a minute, then it's 2-1 and we go completely scared and fail again to see a game out.

I for one hope we go back to the Southern League. The standard seems to be very poor in the Southern this year - a lot of dross - even Redditch are doing well - whereas this league is more physical and less suited to our style of play. FA move us back please.

View user profile

17 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:25

Also. Can we not tell the cricket club to ban TCP as well. Although I did see the club shop guys with him, hopefully he swelled the coffers with a couple of high value programme purchases.

View user profile

18 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 22:46

glassboypaul wrote:Also. Can we not tell the cricket club to ban TCP as well. Although I did see the club shop guys with him, hopefully he swelled the coffers with a couple of high value programme purchases.

I admire TCP for his ingenuity,it shows how much he genuinely loves and cares for Stour,he was superb at Halesowen.

View user profile

19 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 23:16

Jack wrote:There was a large degree of sarcasm OC! Very Happy

Dooh !
Too much of the old vino !

View user profile

20 Re: MARINE on Sat Apr 11 2015, 23:51

Tricky Tree wrote:he was superb at Halesowen.

You obviously didn't travel back on the bus with him to stour, like I did. He was moaning as usual Wink

As for today's game, a much better performance until they scored. Then it looked as if our heads dropped, and we fell apart again conceding the equalizer.

Were the 2 ambulances that entered the ground after the game anything to do with the trouble in the dressing room area, or something completely different?

View user profile

21 Re: MARINE on Sun Apr 12 2015, 01:59

sirsmileriiii wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:he was superb at Halesowen.

You obviously didn't travel back on the bus with him to stour, like I did.  He was moaning as usual Wink

As for today's game, a much better performance until they scored.  Then it looked as if our heads dropped, and we fell apart again conceding the equalizer.

Were the 2 ambulances that entered the ground after the game anything to do with the trouble in the dressing room area, or something completely different?

I was on the same bus as yourself and Dave smiler.......I said hello to you. Very Happy

View user profile

22 Re: MARINE on Sun Apr 12 2015, 10:56

For most of the match, a much-improved performance against a Marine team that would just not die.

Having said that, difficult to come up with any things that haven't been said many times in the past eg good to see young Josh, who is our future, starting a game, Luke's relegation to the bench long overdue, we need a strong, ball-winning midfielder such as Will, we also need a powerful central defender, our inability to hold onto a lead etc etc.

Yesterday proved yet again that our current team is, at best, no more than average in a strong NPL.

Whoever's in charge next season has a difficult job getting together a squad good enough to challenge for promotion.

I understand the post-match fracas was of a racist nature, aimed at one of our young players. If this is true, shame on you, Marine FC !

View user profile

23 Re: MARINE on Sun Apr 12 2015, 15:46

redpike wrote:For most of the match, a much-improved performance against a Marine team that would just not die.

Having said that, difficult to come up with any things that haven't been said many times in the past eg good to see young Josh, who is our future, starting a game, Luke's relegation to the bench long overdue, we need a strong, ball-winning midfielder such as Will, we also need a powerful central defender, our inability to hold onto a lead etc etc.

Yesterday proved yet again that our current team is, at best, no more than average in a strong NPL.

Whoever's in charge next season has a difficult job getting together a squad good enough to challenge for promotion.

I understand the post-match fracas was of a racist nature, aimed at one of our young players. If this is true, shame on you, Marine FC !

Yes this is why we need to move back to the SL ASAP.

That is a disgrace, I hope the FA throw the book at them, and I bet it was their management team that were involved. Disgusting. Like a throw back to the dark days of the 1980s.

Although what do you expect from a team from Liverpool Very Happy

View user profile

24 Re: MARINE on Sun Apr 12 2015, 16:17

So racism doesn't exist down south then?
What a ridiculous argument for being moved back to the southern league.
Get a grip GBP.

View user profile

25 Re: MARINE on Sun Apr 12 2015, 16:20

Man of the match voting was as follows:

BRIAN SMIKLE  12. Votes
Drew Canavan 8
Josh Morgan Parker 7
Chris Knight 3
Kayelden Brown 2
Chris Lait 1

Wine was won by KEVIN PRICE

Thanks to all who took part.




Last edited by Brian Handy on Sun Apr 12 2015, 19:38; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum