Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Grantham Town

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Grantham Town on Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:32

Thanks for the stunning data. I have no idea what Granthams attendances have been over the past decade, for I care not for such folly.

Question is, what's your average attendance been over the past 5 years or so, and what's ours? You seem to have omitted these statistics.

Suffice to say, including data from the years we seriously struggled proves what? People don't turn out in big numbers for a team in the bottom 2?

Massive who cares x

View user profile

27 Re: Grantham Town on Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:34

You've mentioned two gates in double figures over about 10 years. How is that 'often dipping into double figures'?

View user profile

28 Re: Grantham Town on Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:45

Dear me you're a sensitive bunch (and pedantic).

Read my original post and you'll see it was fairly neutral in it's opinion. It merely pointed out that things change quickly in football and you are currently going through a period of relative success. Fans always have the blinkers on and do tend to canonize the past. I just answered the comment re you not having had poor attendances, I didn't say anything about ours or make some random boasts. The fact is for years you had some poor crowds at home. We've had an awful time with crowds and in terms of percentage of population probably sit bottom of the league table...there are many factors and it's played a roll in our budget cut (just to go back to that, we had a midfielder playing right back, a young lad at left back, a right back at centre half and a left footed player on the right side of midfield on Saturday.) As we search for reasons why it's good to be reminded, which is all I was doing, that things can change quickly. On top of that Stourbridge has a population in the region of 55,000 compared to around 40,000 at Grantham.

Anyway, I'll leave it there because if you want to start a 'who has the biggest crowds?' argument it's going to smack of two bald men fighting over a comb.

View user profile

29 Re: Grantham Town on Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:51

StAlbansGTFC wrote:Dear me you're a sensitive bunch (and pedantic).

Read my original post and you'll see it was fairly neutral in it's opinion. It merely pointed out that things change quickly in football and you are currently going through a period of relative success. Fans always have the blinkers on and do tend to canonize the past. I just answered the comment re you not having had poor attendances, I didn't say anything about ours or make some random boasts. The fact is for years you had some poor crowds at home. We've had an awful time with crowds and in terms of percentage of population probably sit bottom of the league table...there are many factors and it's played a roll in our budget cut (just to go back to that, we had a midfielder playing right back, a young lad at left back, a right back at centre half and a left footed player on the right side of midfield on Saturday.) As we search for reasons why it's good to be reminded, which is all I was doing, that things can change quickly. On top of that Stourbridge has a population in the region of 55,000 compared to around 40,000 at Grantham.

Anyway, I'll leave it there because if you want to start a 'who has the biggest crowds?' argument it's going to smack of two bald men fighting over a comb.

You want to be thankful you only had four players out of position Saturday. Rolling Eyes

We're just waiting for our managerial staff to try our GK at centre forward, then every player will have covered in every position. Laughing

View user profile

30 Re: Grantham Town on Tue Jan 20 2015, 13:07

Not sensitive of pedantic thanks mate, just loathe bullcrap!

You weren't boasting you say, did you re read your previous post lol?

View user profile

31 Re: Grantham Town on Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:34

Jack

avatar
Admin
Cut the guy some slack. Yes some figures may have been wrong but we all got his point!

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

32 Re: Grantham Town on Tue Jan 20 2015, 16:04

No. He can go and play up his own end.

View user profile

33 Re: Grantham Town on Wed Jan 21 2015, 18:22

glassboypaul wrote:What would it take for him to come back?

I vote we start a "bring back DA" campaign, along with a "bring back Beast", "bring back Simon" and "bring back Nath" campaign.

Who is with me?

We need to bring back these loyal servants to the club. Without them, where will it all end?

Beast is already back, you must surely have noticed the scruffy drunk in the ground. As for simon, you've got no chance of him returning unless either someone pays for his season ticket or he wins the lottery. Not sure about Nath, but I noticed that you missed both "Martin" & "TCP" from that list. Wink

View user profile

34 Re: Grantham Town on Wed Jan 21 2015, 19:14

Jack

avatar
Admin
Apart from for comical reasons, quite why anyone would want TCP back is beyond me.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

35 Re: Grantham Town on Fri Jan 23 2015, 10:27

sirsmileriiii wrote:
glassboypaul wrote:What would it take for him to come back?

I vote we start a "bring back DA" campaign, along with a "bring back Beast", "bring back Simon" and "bring back Nath" campaign.

Who is with me?

We need to bring back these loyal servants to the club. Without them, where will it all end?

Beast is already back, you must surely have noticed the scruffy drunk in the ground.  As for simon, you've got no chance of him returning unless either someone pays for his season ticket or he wins the lottery.  Not sure about Nath, but I noticed that you missed both "Martin" & "TCP" from that list. Wink

I hadn't noticed beast. Welcome back beast. The campaign worked!

Is Simon in debt to the club? I thought DA volunteered to sort this? Maybe now he has "packed it in" he won't be continuing to help in this way?

I don't think Martin will ever be back after what happened at the Hucknall game.

The TCP song is just about the only song the guys behind the goal sing these days :/

Where have all the Llama mob gone? Given up?

View user profile

36 Re: Grantham Town on Sat Jan 24 2015, 08:51

Jack wrote:Apart from for comical reasons,  quite why anyone would want TCP back is beyond me.

We all miss his bag Laughing

View user profile

37 Re: Grantham Town on Sat Jan 24 2015, 10:05

Cheer up everyone, ITV have got rid of Adrian Chiles

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum