Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Kyle Haynes to Worcester City?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 12:40

I think villages' past attire speaks volumes! Laughing

View user profile

52 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 14:02

Time for me to wade in...

I ran a/the forum for a number of years and never had any kind of management 'intrusion', so it seems to be a recent thing. There were a few issues now and again - e.g. porn appearing - but strangely not many complaints about that Very Happy

The reason I finished was that I was still away at University with limited time to both attend games and to run it effectively, and it tied in with me finishing with the old Fanzine website that I discontinued because there really isn't room for two SFC websites in the market and also the official one had vastly improved with much more regular updates.

TRM does a fantastic job contributing to the website and to Twitter, and this is such a vast improvement on the communication levels in previous years (also the internet and social media was in its early stages previously anyway) that to criticise is very harsh.

I will pull you up on one point TRM; the fanzine website used to cost me £30 a year including the forum, and I designed and edited the whole thing myself from scratch. If the club wanted me to, I could create the official website from scratch, and I'd do so tomorrow. Therefore, the argument that Pitchero is somehow cheaper than a DIY job is incorrect I'm afraid.

I think the club have always been uneasy about the forum or any other unofficial channel, or else have a problem with me, as I was never consulted about the official website or Twitter despite me running the Fanzine website for a number of years, along with an unofficial Twitter (@stourbridgefc) which had match updates, which is a much better Twitter name than @SFCOfficial - as obviously it has the club's full name - and I would happily have handed it over to TRM or whoever but was never asked.

The reason is that I think being the admin on an unofficial forum such as this means you are associated, rightly or wrongly, with this sort of argument, and Jack I would be very careful with how involved you get with stuff like this if you have aspirations of an official role in the club as I think you mentioned previously on here. It seems like you get your 'card marked' by posting on here. Either that or its sheer coincidence that people who take on a role at the club (official or not) then don't post much on here any more.

I decided after I wasn't even asked about designing a new website or handing over the Twitter name so it could become the official one, that I am only ever going to be an ordinary fan on the terraces, as I think I wouldn't ever be considered for a higher level of involvement. However I will say that at no point did the club intervene with any of the posts on my old forum, however, the personnel at the club was very different back then and has undergone significant change. The first forum was back in the MFA days for example!

Quite clearly in the days of social media, if a player makes a post that they are departing/joining SFC, someone will pick up on it and post on here long before the official club statement is cobbled together - it might even be well before all the paperwork is finalised. What the problem is with posting that on here is beyond me. Hopefully that sort of intervention (as I say, never had this before) won't reoccur.

View user profile

53 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 14:20

stour_boy wrote:Time for me to wade in...

I ran a/the forum for a number of years and never had any kind of management 'intrusion', so it seems to be a recent thing. There were a few issues now and again - e.g. porn appearing - but strangely not many complaints about that Very Happy

The reason I finished was that I was still away at University with limited time to both attend games and to run it effectively, and it tied in with me finishing with the old Fanzine website that I discontinued because there really isn't room for two SFC websites in the market and also the official one had vastly improved with much more regular updates.

TRM does a fantastic job contributing to the website and to Twitter, and this is such a vast improvement on the communication levels in previous years (also the internet and social media was in its early stages previously anyway) that to criticise is very harsh.

I will pull you up on one point TRM; the fanzine website used to cost me £30 a year including the forum, and I designed and edited the whole thing myself from scratch. If the club wanted me to, I could create the official website from scratch, and I'd do so tomorrow. Therefore, the argument that Pitchero is somehow cheaper than a DIY job is incorrect I'm afraid.

I think the club have always been uneasy about the forum or any other unofficial channel, or else have a problem with me, as I was never consulted about the official website or Twitter despite me running the Fanzine website for a number of years, along with an unofficial Twitter (@stourbridgefc) which had match updates, which is a much better Twitter name than @SFCOfficial - as obviously it has the club's full name - and I would happily have handed it over to TRM or whoever but was never asked.

The reason is that I think being the admin on an unofficial forum such as this means you are associated, rightly or wrongly, with this sort of argument, and Jack I would be very careful with how involved you get with stuff like this if you have aspirations of an official role in the club as I think you mentioned previously on here. It seems like you get your 'card marked' by posting on here. Either that or its sheer coincidence that people who take on a role at the club (official or not) then don't post much on here any more.

I decided after I wasn't even asked about designing a new website or handing over the Twitter name so it could become the official one, that I am only ever going to be an ordinary fan on the terraces, as I think I wouldn't ever be considered for a higher level of involvement. However I will say that at no point did the club intervene with any of the posts on my old forum, however, the personnel at the club was very different back then and has undergone significant change. The first forum was back in the MFA days for example!

Quite clearly in the days of social media, if a player makes a post that they are departing/joining SFC, someone will pick up on it and post on here long before the official club statement is cobbled together - it might even be well before all the paperwork is finalised. What the problem is with posting that on here is beyond me. Hopefully that sort of intervention (as I say, never had this before) won't reoccur.

Brilliant post Stour Boy, I totally agree with every point you make. No need for me to add anything further as I would hate to be accused of fanning the flames.

View user profile

54 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 14:36

Nath wrote:
stour_boy wrote:Time for me to wade in...

I ran a/the forum for a number of years and never had any kind of management 'intrusion', so it seems to be a recent thing. There were a few issues now and again - e.g. porn appearing - but strangely not many complaints about that Very Happy

The reason I finished was that I was still away at University with limited time to both attend games and to run it effectively, and it tied in with me finishing with the old Fanzine website that I discontinued because there really isn't room for two SFC websites in the market and also the official one had vastly improved with much more regular updates.

TRM does a fantastic job contributing to the website and to Twitter, and this is such a vast improvement on the communication levels in previous years (also the internet and social media was in its early stages previously anyway) that to criticise is very harsh.

I will pull you up on one point TRM; the fanzine website used to cost me £30 a year including the forum, and I designed and edited the whole thing myself from scratch. If the club wanted me to, I could create the official website from scratch, and I'd do so tomorrow. Therefore, the argument that Pitchero is somehow cheaper than a DIY job is incorrect I'm afraid.

I think the club have always been uneasy about the forum or any other unofficial channel, or else have a problem with me, as I was never consulted about the official website or Twitter despite me running the Fanzine website for a number of years, along with an unofficial Twitter (@stourbridgefc) which had match updates, which is a much better Twitter name than @SFCOfficial - as obviously it has the club's full name - and I would happily have handed it over to TRM or whoever but was never asked.

The reason is that I think being the admin on an unofficial forum such as this means you are associated, rightly or wrongly, with this sort of argument, and Jack I would be very careful with how involved you get with stuff like this if you have aspirations of an official role in the club as I think you mentioned previously on here. It seems like you get your 'card marked' by posting on here. Either that or its sheer coincidence that people who take on a role at the club (official or not) then don't post much on here any more.

I decided after I wasn't even asked about designing a new website or handing over the Twitter name so it could become the official one, that I am only ever going to be an ordinary fan on the terraces, as I think I wouldn't ever be considered for a higher level of involvement. However I will say that at no point did the club intervene with any of the posts on my old forum, however, the personnel at the club was very different back then and has undergone significant change. The first forum was back in the MFA days for example!

Quite clearly in the days of social media, if a player makes a post that they are departing/joining SFC, someone will pick up on it and post on here long before the official club statement is cobbled together - it might even be well before all the paperwork is finalised. What the problem is with posting that on here is beyond me. Hopefully that sort of intervention (as I say, never had this before) won't reoccur.

Brilliant post Stour Boy, I totally agree with every point you make. No need for me to add anything further as I would hate to be accused of fanning the flames.

I agree Nath,very well put Ian,you covered all points extremely well.

The club obviously don't like the forum and that's their prerogative so best advice would be for them not to read it and thus not react and not get friend's to react on their behalf,this would be a more professional approach for them to adopt and would give a clear separation between them and us plebs on here.

Job done.

View user profile

55 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 16:40

Just read the Stourbridge News,looks like Worcester City have put 7 day approach in for Kyle Haynes Shocked

It comes a a complete shock to me,i'd never have guessed Laughing

View user profile

56 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 16:50

It's getting very exciting on here, which means I've obviously been away too long.  I could join in with this conversation, but you all know me I don't like causing arguments Wink

I do agree with DA though, as this forum is not run by the club I see no reason for them to get involved. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, regardless of whether they agree with it.

View user profile

57 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 16:55

Devil's Advocate wrote:Just read the Stourbridge News,looks like Worcester City have put 7 day approach in for Kyle Haynes Shocked

It comes a a complete shock to me,i'd never have guessed Laughing

'Sometimes its better to stay silent' Devil! Laughing

View user profile

58 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 19:06

This approach for Kyle Haynes was discussed openly by the chairman and management at the supporters forum last night.

As I said they were very open about it and obviously were to the Stourbridge News so I would hardly accuse them of keeping things from the supporters.

View user profile

59 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 19:33

Seeing as I first announced that I knew this on Monday Scoop the hierarchy then discussing it with fans last night,three days later is hardly earth shattering is it?

Mentioning it on Monday when it was open knowledge was no reason for a certain club official getting his spandex in a twist,this was the problem and not the story itself.

View user profile

60 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 19:50

As long as people aren't posting libelous comments then I don't think there's much the club can do. We're not in North Korea.

View user profile

61 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 19:59

Forza wrote:As long as people aren't posting libelous comments then I don't think there's much the club can do. We're not in North Korea.

It bloody feels like it on here at times! affraid

View user profile

62 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 21:31

brockmoor wrote:
Forza wrote:As long as people aren't posting libelous comments then I don't think there's much the club can do. We're not in North Korea.

It bloody feels like it on here at times! affraid

Unfortunately it does....bad times.

View user profile

63 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Fri Jan 09 2015, 22:24

Jack

avatar
Admin
Who are those comments aimed at?

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

64 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 00:34

Still bored of this shit, but for the sake of trying to make my club not be a laughing stock....

You've had one official argue about a post ... how does that make it like North Korea? I get that you all hate the board, manager, coaches, secretary, tea ladies, groundsman, think they are all shit and we'd be better off without them, but do you have to make the same point over and over again?

If you want to moan, at least find something new to moan about rather than banging the same point over and over again until people who don't know any better start to believe it's true. At least moaning about the delay over announcing Ben's collection was different, albeit predictable.

View user profile

65 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 06:29

PhilC wrote:Still bored of this shit, but for the sake of trying to make my club not be a laughing stock....

You've had one official argue about a post ... how does that make it like North Korea?  I get that you all hate the board, manager, coaches, secretary, tea ladies, groundsman, think they are all shit and we'd be better off without them, but do you have to make the same point over and over again?

If you want to moan, at least find something new to moan about rather than banging the same point over and over again until people who don't know any better start to believe it's true.  At least moaning about the delay over announcing Ben's collection was different, albeit predictable.

I think the groundsman is okay, I Also dont mind Prospect coaches!

View user profile

66 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 08:38

Phil.....You say if you want to moan then find something new to moan about.
You then go on to say it was predictable that we moaned about Ben's collection.
Make your mind up mucka.

View user profile

67 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 10:14

Jack

avatar
Admin
The constant pops at the club do get very boring.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

68 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 11:13

Jack wrote:The constant pops at the club do get very boring.

For somebody seeking and/or being sounded for for an active role within the club then I fully expect you to have that view. As Stourboy said yesterday, you dare not take that view!

View user profile

69 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 14:04

Jack

avatar
Admin
Not quite sure where this myth about me actively seeking a role has came from. I had a member of this forum approach me about the POTENTIAL for a role. Nothing about me going to the club. Moreover, slightly insulting that you can insinuate I'm not able to make my own opinions.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

70 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 15:07

Is Nath saying you can't make your own opinions or saying can't state them on this forum?

View user profile

71 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 15:58

Jack

avatar
Admin
Either way, he's wrong. I for one can realise the importance of the forum on the club. I.e they don't actually care at all.

Time others realised this.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

72 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 17:14

Jack wrote:Not quite sure where this myth about me actively seeking a role has came from. I had a member of this forum approach me about the POTENTIAL for a role. Nothing about me going to the club. Moreover, slightly insulting that you can insinuate I'm not able to make my own opinions.


The reason for me mentioning this came from your very own quote on another thread on the forum. You categorically stated that whilst on the way back from Market Drayton, you and the chairman had a lengthy chat about the possibility of creating an active role for you in some capacity. That's why I worded my comment that you were 'seeking / being sounded out'. Obviously you are not going to want to be too controversial or negative about the club if there is going to be a possible role for you. That is exactly what I imagine Stourboy was referring to in his post also. It isn't a myth if it's something YOU'VE come out with!

View user profile

73 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 17:28

Jack

avatar
Admin
I said that me seeking a role was a myth. I was approached. I put what I believe. I don't slag the club off for the sake of slagging the club off to fit an agenda.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

74 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 17:49

Dont think anyone criticizes the club just for the sake of it. Its all about opinions and this is a discussion forum after all.
You commented that some subjects are very boring, they maybe to you but if others are still discussing a subject then it isnt to them.

This is a base for comments, discussion & debate is it not?

View user profile

75 Re: Kyle Haynes to Worcester City? on Sat Jan 10 2015, 18:25

For the love of God has everyone gone mad? Conspiracy this, agenda that. This is a non league football club, get a grip ladies and enjoy it for what it is.

There's too much of the football league attitude on here lately. I'm bored of hearing about West bloody Brom, how they go about their business etc is irrelevant to us.

Fans threatening to 'leave', people accusing others of being on the football clubs 'side' like they're some sort of evil empire.

Arn't we all on the same side? Personally, it's time folks got a grip on reality and what's important in life. Get a hobby, or a dog or something.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum