Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

FAO Everyone...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201 Re: FAO Everyone... on Thu Dec 04 2014, 22:35

OC. Another one that doesn't read what I've put

View user profile

202 Re: FAO Everyone... on Thu Dec 04 2014, 22:59

Never much chance of me making this tonight, many thanks for the updates Jack.  Hope there was a decent attendance.

A few thoughts:

With Geddes i'd been hearing some of these things on the grapevine, each story has two sides and the truth more often than not fall's somewhere in between. He's gone and we have to draw a line under this.

Felt hugely let down when Mccone left last year before it was announced it was only temporary.  What i'm thinking now is that and then some.

Amblecote - looks like the FA have been helping us in our bid to get the B and concluded we don't meet the C! probably best not to dwell on how it's happened.  As much as I like the ground the way it is, it's been wearing it's age more every season and the time had come, even more important we get it done now.

View user profile

203 Re: FAO Everyone... on Thu Dec 04 2014, 23:19

Everybody who knows me on the forum and down at the club know's that i say it the way i see it.

At times tonight it felt quite uncomfortable to ask some of the questions that i did but i felt that as one of the very opinionated people on here i had to "put up or shut up",what a pity Rasam didn't bother to make an appearance ( or did he? Laughing )

A couple of my initial questions,including asking why Benbow was allowed to @rse around during the half time warm up and risk worsening his injury,were quite obviously an irritant as i tried to push the point but i think it was accepted that it don't look good or professional.


I'm prepared to admit a lot of work has been going on behind the scenes in terms of developing the ground,the fruits of which will start to be seen in the next three months including the plans for a 4000 capacity Amblecote that will guarantee promotion up to Conference Premier if we can ever create a team good enough.

If nothing else it was good to have a proper say face to face.

View user profile

204 Re: FAO Everyone... on Thu Dec 04 2014, 23:27

I should also say that despite the way the updates about the Geddes saga were written,Gary was extremely complimentary about Sean's first three years at the club and he said to me after the meeting as to how fortunate he felt to have had him in a Stourbridge shirt for three seasons.

He told us all he was delighted at Sean's success and it was made clear by Gary and Andy that Sean would always be welcome down at Amblecote.

People who were at the meeting will vouch for the fact i stuck up for Sean strongly and brought up the subject of the "Playstation Three" ( or 4 or 5!? ) from the "Workingtongate" fiasco and the fact that it seemed like Sean carried the can for the whole sh1tty performance,we agreed to disagree as to who said when and what and the exact minutia of those events,some things will just never be known but the bottom line was that a few horrible days in over three years in no way spoil Sean's legacy at Stourbridge and that his face is forever welcome.

Best wishes to Sean and the family for this weekend and i hope he gets that move to league football in the next couple of weeks.

View user profile

205 Re: FAO Everyone... on Thu Dec 04 2014, 23:41

It was a good, interesting and respectful meeting - both by the fans and the committee.

I would like to reiterate like others that Sean was in no way slated - we probably all knew pretty much all that was said anyway. Gary really did compliment him a lot.
BS - I know its instinctive to be protective maybe over family members ( I am on here sometimes when Jack has stick) but Sean is respected by so many and I believe that everyone wishes the outcome of the saga had been different - it wasn't and we have to move on.

View user profile

206 Re: FAO Everyone... on Thu Dec 04 2014, 23:51

Was it done as a proper question and answer situation after all and what was the turn out like?

View user profile

207 Re: FAO Everyone... on Thu Dec 04 2014, 23:55

Tricky Tree wrote:Was it done as a proper question and answer situation after all and what was the turn out like?

It was done properly and everyone behaved Laughing

Tough questions were asked and forthright answers given Tricky,it was the best the supporter's could've expected in the circumstances.

I'd guess 20-25 of us turned up and it was done formally which was good,the offer of regular meetings was offered and a couple a year was decided as a good format with "special meetings" upon request.

View user profile

208 Re: FAO Everyone... on Fri Dec 05 2014, 00:00

Considering that the management and committee don't 'have' to tell us what is going on, it didn't seem like there were smoke screens or lies - it was a good open meeting. I am glad as many of us went. It would have ben better if more could so they could also have seen and heard first hand what and how things were said but its difficult this time of year - maybe the next one could be arrange further in advance and advertised in the programme.

View user profile

209 Re: FAO Everyone... on Fri Dec 05 2014, 00:04

Jane.N wrote:Considering that the management and committee don't 'have' to tell us what is going on, it didn't seem like there were smoke screens or lies - it was a good open meeting. I am glad as many of us went. It would have ben better if more could so they could also have seen and heard first hand what and how things were said but its difficult this time of year - maybe the next one could be arrange further in advance and advertised in the programme.


I agree Jane.

What a pity Rasam couldn't find the time to turn up,maybe he was out scouting for Barcelona.

I think the next gathering in six months time should attract many more,hopefully at the end of the season so as not to interfere with Rasam's international diary.

View user profile

210 Re: FAO Everyone... on Fri Dec 05 2014, 00:40

I was there DA very informative. Baggie shower seems quite upset. Any how looking forward to the next one. And yes I am away again on my travels you will be pleased to hear DA have a good one hope to be back on the forum after new year good luck for Saturday.

View user profile

211 Re: FAO Everyone... on Fri Dec 05 2014, 00:53

rasam wrote:I was there DA very informative. Baggie shower seems quite upset. Any how looking forward to the next one. And yes I am away again on my travels you will be pleased to hear DA have a good one hope to be back on the forum after new year good luck for Saturday.

A pity you don't make yourself known then Rasam rather than staying in the shadows sniping.

As far as taking the pee out of BS i'd suggest you wouldn't dare say that to his face so maybe you'd be good enough to withdraw that crass comment and offer him an apology?

If Sean was closely related to you maybe you'd feel upset about what happened regardless of who blames who,i've spoken to BS since i've got home and made it very clear that Gary had a lot of very complimentary things to say about Sean and i myself told BS it was time to put this to bed once and for all and move on and he agreed,i wished Sean well for the weekend on behalf of us all.

You know doubt know who i am now even if you didn't before,i'm open and honest,i had my say and i felt i asked some awkward questions,did you?

I think it's time you admitted who you are and stopped digging people out from the shadows,i think we'd all respect you more if you did?

View user profile

212 Re: FAO Everyone... on Fri Dec 05 2014, 09:25

rasam wrote:I think it's time you admitted who you are and stopped digging people out from the shadows,i think we'd all respect you more if you did?

You've got more chance of "knitting fog" in my opinion.  If rasam made himself known, he wouldn't be able to carry on sniping at people on here.  Which means there would be little point in him continuing to post.

I was not at the meeting last night, as thursday is the one night I am unavailable.  Which means I will miss the next one as well unfortunately.  So once again a big thank you to jack for keeping us updated on here.

As for putting seats in the shed, I am only in favour of that if it's the only way to get promotion.  Just a pity about not building anything main road end, as a stand of some description down there might have helped to create a better atmosphere at that end.  We always seem to make more noise when kicking towards the shed.

View user profile

213 FAO Everyone on Fri Dec 05 2014, 15:53

Thought last night's meeting went well with all questions answered frankly and fully by Andy and Gary with no attempt to keep private details of the club's finances.

Apart from the running of the first team, it was a bit of an eye-opener to see just how much work is involved in the running of our many junior teams.

Having listened to Gary's explanation of the Sean saga makes me realise that the club had no choice but to let him go and releasing us from a contract of a player who didn't want to play for SFC.

Disappointing news about Paul McCone - there is a young man who clearly doesn't know what he does want.

Many thanks to Jack for his accurate reporting as the meeting progressed, I for one had forgotten quite a bit of what had been said !!!!!!!

View user profile

214 Re: FAO Everyone... on Fri Dec 05 2014, 16:06

redpike wrote:Thought last night's meeting went well with all questions answered frankly and fully by Andy and Gary with no attempt to keep private details of the club's finances.

Apart from the running of the first team, it was a bit of an eye-opener to see just how much work is involved in the running of our many junior teams.

Having listened to Gary's explanation of the Sean saga makes me realise that the club had no choice but to let him go and releasing us from a contract of a player who didn't want to play for SFC.

Disappointing news about Paul McCone - there is a young man who clearly doesn't know what he does want.

Many thanks to Jack for his accurate reporting as the meeting progressed, I for one had forgotten quite a bit of what had been said !!!!!!!

So which one were you Redpike?

We never got introduced Mad

View user profile

215 Re: FAO Everyone... on Fri Dec 05 2014, 23:33

Well done to the club for hosting what appears to have been a very open forum. Good to hear of the plans for the future, not that I doubted the plans were there. As always, some people don't seem happy, can't please em all.

Don't see a problem personally with seating the shed end, if that's how it needs to be done to secure the grading then so be it. It will still be Amblecote, rather than a soulless new build.

I'll be there for the game tomorrow, perhaps we can concentrate on the football again now. Some of the comments on here this week I've found bewildering. It's football, non league football at that, something to enjoy rather than get wrapped up in politics.

There are far more important things in life, let us rejoice!

View user profile

216 FAO Everyone on Sat Dec 06 2014, 10:13

DA - Not many of us asked questions on Thursday evening - I was one !

As I am sure no one else is remotely interested in my identity, this is the only clue !!!

View user profile

217 Re: FAO Everyone... on Sat Dec 06 2014, 11:13

redpike wrote:DA - Not many of us asked questions on Thursday evening - I was one !

As I am sure no one else is remotely interested in my identity, this is the only clue !!!


Fair enough RP.

The reason i asked was because most of us on the forum know who each other are and i find the vast majority are good people to know and to have a laugh with at games,if you want anonymity then that's fine.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum