Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sean Geddes

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Sean Geddes on Tue Nov 11 2014, 02:56

sirsmileriiii wrote:I do wonder which is the real problem about Sean on this forum.  Is it the way he left, or is it simply the fact that he's now scoring goals for another team that people don't like.

He wanted to better himself and play at a higher level, and now he's been given that chance.  Maybe he realised that the club wouldn't get promotion as easily when we moved into the Northern Prem, and what amount were people expecting the club to get for him if they think 1k is not enough scratch

Instead of complaining about his departure, surely we should just be congratulating him instead.

After all, if we get drawn against Worcester in a cup I bet nobody would shout out "Stour Reject" when his name is mentioned in the team line-up.

What a ridiculous post Smiler.
Where on earth have you got those thoughts from reading any of the previous posts?
I'm chuffed to bits he's doing well,top bloke and he deserves any success he gets.

View user profile

27 Re: Sean Geddes on Tue Nov 11 2014, 07:41

Jack

avatar
Admin
Not quite sure where you've managed to grasp most of that from Smiler. No-one would call him a Stour reject because everyone if they could, would still have him here. Is Sean scoring goals for Worcester bittersweet? Obviously.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

28 Re: Sean Geddes on Tue Nov 11 2014, 20:38

Tricky Tree wrote:
sirsmileriiii wrote:I do wonder which is the real problem about Sean on this forum.  Is it the way he left, or is it simply the fact that he's now scoring goals for another team that people don't like.

He wanted to better himself and play at a higher level, and now he's been given that chance.  Maybe he realised that the club wouldn't get promotion as easily when we moved into the Northern Prem, and what amount were people expecting the club to get for him if they think 1k is not enough scratch

Instead of complaining about his departure, surely we should just be congratulating him instead.

After all, if we get drawn against Worcester in a cup I bet nobody would shout out "Stour Reject" when his name is mentioned in the team line-up.

What a ridiculous post Smiler.
Where on earth have you got those thoughts from reading any of the previous posts?
I'm chuffed to bits he's doing well,top bloke and he deserves any success he gets.

Maybe I could have written that post a bit better. As what I was trying to say was if people are happy that he's doing well since moving to Worcester, then why all the comments on here moaning about is departure. After all a player isn't committed to one club for all of his career, he does have the choice to move if he wants to. So surely we should just except the fact that he's gone and move on, there is no point dwelling on the past.

Yes he is a great loss to the club, but moaning on here isn't going to get him back. And no I certainly wouldn't call him a "Stour Reject" either, nor would I expect anyone else to do so.

View user profile

29 Re: Sean Geddes on Mon Nov 17 2014, 21:33

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
glassboypaul wrote:
Worth mentioning the other side of the story though - I spoke to a club official last week who expressed frustration that people 'have a pop' on here and don't say anything to the club. He said it's rare people go to the 150 club and chat to the management team and the committee despite being well advertised.

The trouble is it gives the impression of being in such a haphazard manner that people don't come along - especially for those living outside the town. "Pop along, ask a question and leave" seems to be the case at the moment, at least that's how I see it.

If they were hold some sort of organised and more formalised "forum night" with a set time (7pm - 9pm for example) and a sort of panel format then maybe they'd get a bit more interest.


Remember about 6 years ago when I attempted to re-establish a fully functioning supporters club to deal with such manners and have a weekly forum after training on a Thursday night. This was soon shot down by club officials who just rattled on about having to change constitutions and such like. The fact is we haven't had a proper subscribed Supporters Club now since the Midland Alliance days , over 8 years ago.

For a club of Stour's stature and standing in the community now, this is a sad state of affairs. This again highlights the question of if the club really wants any real interaction with supporters? If the club officials want to prevent 'moaning' and speculation on the forum I really think that the club should make themselves more accessible to the wider fan base. All this could be done very easily IF they wanted to do so.

Over the last few years it has become much more of a 'them and us' situation. The club certainly don't help themselves in that respect. I suppose the club will argue that it's down to being more 'professionally' run but at the end of the day we are a small non-league outfit, not bloody Manchester United. What helped the club's rise over the past 8 years more than anything has been the close knit feel and the bond between officials,staff/players/fans. I just think now the club are shooting themselves in the foot by trying to be too professional in their approach to dealing with news,information,press releases,etc. It has a feel of the select few knowing everything and everyone else feeding off scraps of gossip and speculation,which is where and why all the moaning, gossiping and criticising starts in the first place! It could quite easily be so different.

This article isn't meant as a criticism of any individual/s, it's purely an opinion and observation. I know I haven't been a regular over the last 12 months but I still love this club so much and would hate to see all the progress made over the last 10 years go down the drain.

View user profile

30 Re: Sean Geddes on Mon Nov 17 2014, 22:21

Nath strikes with a spot on text.....certain club official/officials are definitely guilty of this.
Just my opinion.

View user profile

31 Re: Sean Geddes on Mon Dec 01 2014, 20:25

They actually showed Sean's goal that he scored in the FA Trophy on Saturday on Midlands Today this evening. What a strike, chipped defence and keeper at pace from right hand corner of penalty area with outside of his right foot. Nick Owen was nearly making a mess in his pants at the sight of it!

View user profile

32 Re: Sean Geddes on Mon Dec 01 2014, 20:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

33 Re: Sean Geddes on Mon Dec 01 2014, 21:39

Worcester have won 3-0 away at Hyde tonight. They are on a great run. Sean not on scoresheet tonight though.

View user profile

34 Re: Sean Geddes on Mon Dec 01 2014, 21:48

Nath wrote:Worcester have won 3-0 away at Hyde tonight. They are on a great run. Sean not on scoresheet tonight though.

Wouldn't want him back anyway.... he's crap. Very Happy

View user profile

35 Sean Geddes on Mon Dec 01 2014, 22:06

Sean Geddes' goal now on Who Ate All The Pies site which goes to show how good it is. Good to see Sean at last Tuesday nights game.

View user profile

36 Re: Sean Geddes on Tue Dec 02 2014, 12:00

Please can we all move on now. He has left and we have moved on. There's little evidence to suggest our form would be better with Sean at the current time.

View user profile

37 Re: Sean Geddes on Tue Dec 02 2014, 12:20

Jack

avatar
Admin
Hallelujah. If you want to update on every single game it's off topic. It's time to move on.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

38 Re: Sean Geddes on Tue Dec 02 2014, 15:14

Yes, please move this to the off topic section!

View user profile

39 Re: Sean Geddes on Tue Dec 02 2014, 18:17

glassboypaul wrote:Yes, please move this to the off topic section!

Something I said a few weeks ago, only not quite so bluntly Rolling Eyes

View user profile

40 Re: Sean Geddes on Tue Dec 02 2014, 18:30

The only reason people are posting about Sean Geddes in this section of the forum is because this is where the Sean Geddes thread is! Like it or not, thanks to his recent exploits, Sean Geddes is still topical so people are going to be interested in him and wanting to talk about him. It's not our fault the thread is where it is!

View user profile

41 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 00:18

A great effort by Worcester City tonight but alas a 14-13 defeat on penalties.

Well done to Sean for scoring the equaliser and his two penalties in the shoot out,his goal was superb yet again.

I hope that move to league football now comes off for the lad.

View user profile

42 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 07:42

Devil's Advocate wrote:A great effort by Worcester City tonight but alas a 14-13 defeat on penalties.

Well done to Sean for scoring the equaliser and his two penalties in the shoot out,his goal was superb yet again.

I hope that move to league football now comes off for the lad.

Devil what are you doing????
Haven't we been told we're not allowed to talk about Sean again?!

View user profile

43 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 11:52

Lmfao

View user profile

44 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 12:43

Jack

avatar
Admin
Yeah that's exactly what was said.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

45 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 13:19

Ordered I do believe.

View user profile

46 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 15:24

Why don't you guys go and support Worcester then, or join the Worcester forum if you want to analyse his performances every week for Worcester?

View user profile

47 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 16:39

glassboypaul wrote:Why don't you guys go and support Worcester then, or join the Worcester forum if you want to analyse his performances every week for Worcester?

And whats it got to do with you!?

I actually went to the meeting with Gary and Andy,did you?

I was merely congratulating Sean and wishing him well,there was absolutely NOTHING in my post having a dig at past events if you bothered to read it properly and Tricky was only being sarky.

It's more of a pity on here that the odd poster can't help but just come on to "dig out" other people,you do it all the time.

If you don't like the content then why bother even reading it.

As i said previously,well done Sean and Worcester.

COYGB.

View user profile

48 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 16:44

Just a bit of banter......ay we allowed to have a little dig nowadays?
Some folks are just a little bit too precious.

Suck a bit harder on your bottle glassboypaul,might make you feel a little less anxious.

View user profile

49 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 17:21

Some people hey !!!!!

View user profile

50 Re: Sean Geddes on Thu Dec 18 2014, 21:16

Devil's Advocate wrote:
glassboypaul wrote:Why don't you guys go and support Worcester then, or join the Worcester forum if you want to analyse his performances every week for Worcester?

And whats it got to do with you!?

I actually went to the meeting with Gary and Andy,did you?

I was merely congratulating Sean and wishing him well,there was absolutely NOTHING in my post having a dig at past events if you bothered to read it properly and Tricky was only being sarky.

It's more of a pity on here that the odd poster can't help but just come on to "dig out" other people,you do it all the time.

If you don't like the content then why bother even reading it.

As i said previously,well done Sean and Worcester.

COYGB.

Yes I was there (unlike Rasam!). I never made any comment on whether anyone was having a dig or not - not interested or bothered by that - but it is concerning we haven't moved on and keep posting about Sean (whether it's a wind up, a dig, or genuine congratulations to him, I think it's high time we moved on), and some only seem to come on here for a moan or a wind up. The lack of posts after a win is worrying.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum