Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matlock

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Matlock on Fri Oct 17 2014, 15:20

Anyone going to this game? Lovely ground so I hear, and one I have yet to tick off.

Must say the next run of fixtures in the league are pretty ideal if we want to get back on track quickly. Next few are eminently winnable. Let's hope we can get back to winning ways starting tomorrow.

View user profile

2 Re: Matlock on Fri Oct 17 2014, 15:31

I'm taking Baz and Jack and looking forward to seeing a new ground.

Hopefully a big improvement in the football as well.

View user profile

3 Re: Matlock on Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:48

Nope,can't make this one.
Updates would be very much appreciated.

Real ones Devil....

View user profile

4 Re: Matlock on Fri Oct 17 2014, 19:00

Tricky Tree wrote:Nope,can't make this one.
Updates would be very much appreciated.

Real ones Devil....

1-0 to Matlockā€¦..Canavan own goal,Tommy Berwick in goal couldn't get across to it quick enough Laughing

View user profile

5 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 14:53

Team:

Coleman
Till
Knight
McCone
Fitzpatrick
Harris
Hales
Richards
Brown
Billingham
Ramsey-Dickson

Subs:

Benbow
Francis
Morgan-Parker
Canavan
Gueyes

View user profile

6 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:04

0-1

View user profile

7 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:04

Canavan on for Billingham

View user profile

8 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:04

1-1 Fitzpatrick

View user profile

9 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:09

Gueyes on for Till

View user profile

10 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:13

1-2

View user profile

11 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:22

Benbow on for Harris

View user profile

12 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:30

Fitzpatrick sent off

View user profile

13 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:40

Benbow off injured, all 3 subs used, playing with 9 men

View user profile

14 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:43

Richards sent off & penalty to Matlock

View user profile

15 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:43

1-3. Down to 8 men

View user profile

16 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:55

1-4

View user profile

17 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:58

1-4 FT

View user profile

18 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 17:18

Jack

Admin
Horrible result. But it doesn't matter. If your family or you read this Ben I hope you are as comfortable as you possibly can be and make a full full recovery. Horrific incident that no-one deserves especially not someone as nice and as talented as you. Get well as soon as you can mate.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

19 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 17:58

The worst day ever watching SFC and it had nothing to do with the result.

I don't see how any club could have a worse day to be honest; unless this was the last day of the season and this result relegated us or something. This was a terrible day.

Annoyed before kick off about a player who has left us twice being handed the captaincy straight off ahead of Ben or Leon or anyone else...all of that paled into insignificance with Ben's injury. I've seen a lot of injuries in my time but that made me feel almost physically sick and for it to happen to such a young, promising player who also happens to be a really nice person is just so awful. I really hope he can make a speedy a recovery as possible.

Benbow also injured - not sure how badly.

Two sendings off - couldn't really see what happened with Fitz as had a bad view and wasn't giving it 100% attention, but then Will as well - both presumably suspended for 3/1 games respectively.

This was supposed to be about bouncing back from Tuesday night, and it just turned out awfully.

Don't know how the lads carried on after the injury to be honest. I stopped caring about the football after that. Hence can't bring myself to complain about any of the errors for the goals (e.g. Coleman), it just doesn't feel right after seeing that injury. Horrible, horrible moment and I don't want to see that ever again.

View user profile

20 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 18:15

Not there due to work but obviously I have spoken to jack.

He rang me straight after bens injury and said how distressing it was to see. Apparently some of the opposition were in tears so goodness only knows how our players felt. To have been made to continue was a disgrace.

I dont know if it would have been any different but out of respect to Ben, his family and his team mates the game should have been abandoned. It's been done before at this level.

The result is irrelevant, I just hope Bens operation goes as well as can and we see him at Amblecote as a member of the club as well as playing as soon as possible. A dreadful thing to happen to anyone but especially someone as talented as Ben.

I also hope the club have the means to have any counselling needed to the players and staff. Visions and sounds like what they witnessed today can affect them
deeply.

A sad day and sincere wishes to Ben and his family who will be worried sick to.

View user profile

21 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 18:45

I like Ben a lot,he's a top top bloke and I've expressed my thoughts about him on this forum on more than one occasion, so obviously I'm gutted for the bloke and I wish him all the best.
However.... why on earth shouldn't the game have continued, it's a broken ankle not a death we are talking about. I've played more than one Sunday league game where an ambulance was called and on one occasion when it was an air ambulance needed and on all these occasions the game has been played to it's conclusion.
Also, is counselling really required in this sort of situation?
I was a matter of a couple of yards away when one of my team mates leg snapped on him and although the sound of it snapping and the subsequent screaming that came from him were both sickening I nor none of my team mates felt the need for counselling.

All the best Ben.

View user profile

22 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 18:48

Ben is at Chesterfield royal with his mom dad and his uncle thanks to Leon for going with him Ben needs a operation they are now deciding where at Chesterfield or taking him to dudley tomorrow it will be a long haul but knowing Ben he will be back next season stronger and fitter

View user profile

23 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 18:53

Tricky Tree wrote:I like Ben a lot,he's a top top bloke and I've expressed my thoughts about him on this forum on more than one occasion, so obviously I'm gutted for the bloke and I wish him all the best.
However.... why on earth shouldn't the game have continued, it's a broken ankle not a death we are talking about. I've played more than one Sunday league game where an ambulance was called and on one occasion when it was an air ambulance needed and on all these occasions the game has been played to it's conclusion.
Also, is counselling really required in this sort of situation?
I was a matter of a couple of yards away when one of my team mates leg snapped on him and although the sound of it snapping and the subsequent screaming that came from him were both sickening I nor none of my team mates felt the need for counselling.

All the best Ben.

People react differently - some may be fine some may not and some may find it more distressing than you did. I am not surprised you have your views but my post was my view.

View user profile

24 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 19:03

Fine but why is it "disgraceful" that the game continued?

View user profile

25 Re: Matlock on Sat Oct 18 2014, 19:04

Just been told Ben had a dislocation of the ankle and a fracture and that he was going for surgery about an hour ago.
He' ll bounce back, get well soon mate.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next