Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sildon AFC

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sildon AFC on Fri Oct 10 2014, 16:58

After all the comings and goings of late on the playing side, just wanted to say good luck to the boys and the team management tomorrow at Sildon.
No doubt it will be a stern test and a game that we would all prefer to win at the first attempt.
Having said that I would not be too unhappy if we got them back to WMG next week..

To those who are making the long trip up T'North.....have a great day and roar the boys on !!

I am sure there has been a lot going on behind the scenes on the players front as well as bringing in the new (..ish) faces, but as they say on other forums.....In Gary I trust !!

COYG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View user profile

2 Re: Sildon AFC on Fri Oct 10 2014, 20:51

Looking forward to the game tomorrow(thanks to the generosity of TRM) but I really feel the worst.
I say 3-1.

Prove me wrong boys and make it an enjoyable journey home.

View user profile

3 Re: Sildon AFC on Fri Oct 10 2014, 22:02

I'm really looking forward to this game and would really like a win, but they proved that they were a good team in the last round.

So I am going to say 1-1.  Given our injury problems at the moment I would more than happy with a draw, and force them to travel the long journey to us on a night for the replay Wink

4 Re: Sildon AFC on Sat Oct 11 2014, 00:45

Tricky Tree wrote:Looking forward to the game tomorrow(thanks to the generosity of TRM) but I really feel the worst.
I say 3-1.

FWIW IMO i think that with a paper thin squad,what looks like a bobbly pitch and blustery conditions i think we'll suffer a defeat.

Safe journey to the hardly souls travelling.

TTFN Tricky Laughing

View user profile

5 Re: Sildon AFC on Sat Oct 11 2014, 06:30

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:Looking forward to the game tomorrow(thanks to the generosity of TRM) but I really feel the worst.
I say 3-1.

FWIW IMO i think that with a paper thin squad,what looks like a bobbly pitch and blustery conditions i think we'll suffer a defeat.

Safe journey to the hardly souls travelling.

TTFN Tricky Laughing

Nope.....you've lost me devil.
A fair proportion of your message appears to be in double Dutch.

View user profile

6 Re: Sildon AFC on Sat Oct 11 2014, 17:05

Well done Stour !!
Have been following the Twitter updates and it appears to have been a good team effort from Deano right thro to Andre (last sub)

Thanks to SFC Official for the updates, I have just about got some finger nails left !

Now let's finish the job on Tuesday,
Hope the crowd can "make some noise "

COYG !!

View user profile

7 Re: Sildon AFC on Sat Oct 11 2014, 20:54

Jack

Admin
As the journey has gone on I've became more content and happy with the result. Initially I think all the supporters were wound up that once again in a second half we didn't create much. However ultimately we played a strong physical team and we are still in the cup. I think we certainly have the quality to finish them off on Tuesday.

Deano was excellent today. He made some very crucial and impressive saves. Will and Knighty were impressive at the back as ever. Really was a toss up between the 2 of them for motm. Ben was very good in the first half too. The new lad came on and looked fairly promising as well.

Excellent support today, really impressive numbers. We're in the hat for the 4th qualifying round once again. Well done boys.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

8 Re: Sildon AFC on Sat Oct 11 2014, 21:28

Just got in....long old day.
I went fearing the worst but after the opening twenty five minutes where we tore them apart at will I'm a bit disappointed not to have won.
As Jack says.....we did battle bloody hard and Deano definitely had one of his better games.
Good effort boys.

View user profile

9 Re: Sildon AFC on Sun Oct 12 2014, 10:21

A really tough old fashioned place to go and a draw is a result I would have settled for before the start.  

An excellent game for a nil-nil and embodied what the FA cup is all about.  Our first half performance was excellent just needed somone to finish off the chances, unfortunately we couldn't.  Second half they threw the kitchen sink at it, and Coleman made save after save, some of them breathtaking, that was his best performance that I have seen and it's down to him we are still in the hat.  Thought Knight had a pretty good game again also.

I hope we can finish the job on Tuesday, it will be a nightmare journey for them and wonder if all the players will get the time off but being the FA cup I suspect they will bust a gut to do so, I don't expect it to be easy.

View user profile

10 Re: Sildon AFC on Sun Oct 12 2014, 20:16

Good performance to get a draw against a good team. Played some good football 1st half then second half when they used the long ball to put us under pressure we battled well.
Great performances from dean and the defence, thought we looked more solid with a back 4.Credit to all the players for giving 100% for the full 90, we had a few who were clearly not 100% fit, but still gave it their all even when they were clearly struggling towards the end. Well done lads and well done the supporters for their vocal support.

Man of the Match was :
DEAN COLEMAN with 10 votes
Chris Knight 5 votes
Will Richards 2 votes
Kayelden Brown 2 votes
Ben Billingham 1 vote
Louis Harris 1 vote
Josh Craddock 1 vote

STEVE HYDE won the bottle of wine.

Thanks to all who took part.

View user profile

11 Re: Sildon AFC on Sun Oct 12 2014, 22:36

Some match highlights here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zpohCTVairU

View user profile

12 Re: Sildon AFC on Tue Oct 14 2014, 18:08

Shildon seemed very quick to launch the long ball on the video clip.
Think our best bet could be to play fast and low just like the fourth goal v Blaby !
Just off to the game......come on you Glassboys !

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum