Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Workington

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Workington on Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:01

Good luck to the team and management and hopefully the result is the same as the cup match last season.

With what's happened at the club over the first two weeks just hope we can field five subs.

Hope everybody who is going has a safe journey there and back.

View user profile

2 Re: Workington on Thu Aug 28 2014, 22:30

I loved going there last season in the cup despite the weather conditions but unfortunately can't afford to go this time round.
Any updates would be much appreciated please.

View user profile

3 Re: Workington on Thu Aug 28 2014, 22:54

Safe journey to all who travel up. I'm afraid I can't make it, so updates would be great!

View user profile

4 Re: Workington on Fri Aug 29 2014, 10:22

stour_boy wrote:Safe journey to all who travel up. I'm afraid I can't make it, so updates would be great!

I will do a facebook thread, with updates as the goals go in or not as may be. I will also do a text message service to the usual suspects, if you want to be added to the latter send me a text to that effect.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

5 Re: Workington on Fri Aug 29 2014, 17:00

Unfortunately, I can't make this one either - funds just won't run to it at the moment.

Fingers crossed we can get back into the winning habit but I suspect they will be a tougher prospect this season as they were in a mess last year.

View user profile

6 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 08:54

Hopefully we can get back to winning ways for this one and a repeat of last seasons result will do just nicely.

There is no way I could make it up there today so I will be taking my boys to Dudley Town to check out our FA cup opposition.

View user profile

7 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 17:50

I received text's from Jim saying that we were "absolutely awful" at Workington today.

I keep banging on about this and i'll say it again,we have serious money in the bank but a squad as thin as a prostitute's smile,it's time to poo or get off the potty!

We need action,a shake up,new blood and we need it now.

A few short months ago we went to Workington and totally outclassed them so what's the excuse for being so dismal today?

View user profile

8 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:00

Get used to it devil because nothing will change, players seem demotivated and have a lack of ideas.that stems from the top and we all know that the top ain't going to change.
So that's why I said "get used to more performances like ,kings Lynn,rush all and Workington".

View user profile

9 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:14

Baggiestour wrote:Get used to it devil because nothing will change, players seem demotivated  and have a lack of ideas.that stems from the top and we all know that the top ain't going to change.
So that's why I said  "get used to more performances like ,kings Lynn,rush all and Workington".

I totally agree BS.

I find it hard to take,i've followed Stour since 1974,i've seen some good times and some very bad times but our present malaise is something that we have literally sleepwalked into.

I'm fed up of this "saving for a rainy day/promotion" thing with the £150k we should still have in the bank from the cup runs.

Fan's need to see a progression in quality of player and ambition being shown by the club.

View user profile

10 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:17

Not sure we have £150k but cannot disagree with anything you have said

View user profile

11 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:22

Baggiestour wrote:Not sure we have £150k but cannot disagree with anything you have said

We should have.

We had well over £100k in the bank before the start of last season and made well over £50k from last season's cup runs.

I've heard a profit of £45k being bandied about by club official's for last season alone.

We started the season desperately short of a striker that we've needed since Tom Berwick's short period with us,we probably need two because Benbow is clearly a way off fitness.

We have new pegs in the changing rooms and new bulbs in the floodlights,not a jot has been done to the ground pre season and the squad is thinner than i can remember in years.

What is the plan?

Answers on a postcard please.

View user profile

12 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 19:58

Sounds like the game was poor a shame but as I wasn't there will accept the comments of those fans that made the trip well done to you.I hear there is an AGM soon perhaps DA you could put your money where your mouth is get elected and help rather than moan.

View user profile

13 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:12

rasam wrote:Sounds like the game was poor a shame but as I wasn't there will accept the comments of those fans that made the trip well done to you.I hear there is an AGM soon perhaps DA you could put your money where your mouth is get elected and help rather than moan.

He loves chirping at you doesn't he devil?

View user profile

14 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:17

rasam wrote:Sounds like the game was poor a shame but as I wasn't there will accept the comments of those fans that made the trip well done to you.I hear there is an AGM soon perhaps DA you could put your money where your mouth is get elected and help rather than moan.

Rasam,you know absolutely nothing about me so why don't you just shut it.

How much money do you put in at Stour?

Last season i personally sponsored to the tune of £3000 so please just shut your irritating gob.

View user profile

15 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:23

He played professional football you know! Rolling Eyes

View user profile

16 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:26

brockmoor wrote:He played professional football you know! Rolling Eyes

Yeh course he did....and I'm Brian Cloughs love child.

View user profile

17 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 21:19

Tricky Tree wrote:
brockmoor wrote:He played professional football you know! Rolling Eyes

Yeh course he did....and I'm Brian Cloughs love child.

Is that were you get that 'blushed' complexion from?
When will the green jumper be making an appearance? Laughing

View user profile

18 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 23:34

DA glad I know you put money into the club fair play to you but anyone with a bit of class wouldn't have a need to post it on a forum most people I know that do this do it without the need for recognition.

View user profile

19 Re: Workington on Sat Aug 30 2014, 23:44

rasam wrote:DA glad I know you put money into the club fair play to you but anyone with a bit of class wouldn't have a need to post it on a forum most people I know that do this do it without the need for recognition.

I don't need lessons in "class" from someone like you Rasam,someone who hides behind the keyboard.

I'm not getting involved in this crap with you from now on,it's pointless.

View user profile

20 Re: Workington on Sun Aug 31 2014, 01:06

Agreed, keep smiling

View user profile

21 Re: Workington on Sun Aug 31 2014, 03:33

I'm inclined to agree with Rasam. 
Well done on sponsoring the club 3000£, but why the need to post that on a public forum? 
If people have problems with how the club is ran, then that's what an AGM is for. There's no point complaining on a forum, put it into action. The "hierarchy" at Stour are all approachable and from my experience always willing listeners. This forum has really gone down the pan lately with snidey remarks and "competition" as to who's been to X game or x years of being stour fans. 
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Stour spend big money on players, but I'd rather see the club have blueprints and remain in a healthy manner 20 years from now. There has been progression IMO over the past 3 seasons, whilst we've hit a sticky point, we are 5 games into the season. Yes we need a striker who will score 25+ goals a season but 95% of football teams are that 1 player away.

View user profile

22 Re: Workington on Sun Aug 31 2014, 08:52

Nick.....Devil didn't just offer the information that he'd put money into the club,he was responding to a goad from Rasam.

View user profile

23 Re: Workington on Sun Aug 31 2014, 15:28

Other than Dean's 2 excellent saves in the first half I really cannot think of any positives to come out of this game.
This was a flat display all round, one of our biggest strengths over the past 10 years (especially when going through a bad spell as we are now) has been our excellent team spirit and passion. Sadly (in my opinion) this seemed to be missing on Saturday. I could not pick out any player as having a particularly bad game, it was more of a poor team performance with no-one able to bring a bit of magic to their performance to lift the team. After we ended the first half on level terms and having started to play a couple of decent passages of football, (after a torrid first 20 mins when we were lucky not to concede one or more goals), I really thought we had a chance in the second half to get something from the game, but it was not to be.

I have faith in the management team and the players to come back from this and hopefully this will begin on Tues.

Man of Match was Dean with 10 votes, Chris Knight received 2 votes and 2 voters were unable to select any player.

The wine was won by Steve Sidaway.

View user profile

24 Re: Workington on Mon Sep 01 2014, 18:39

NickSFCB wrote:whilst we've hit a sticky point, we are 5 games into the season.

Quite right, it is still early days with regards to this season. If we were in the same position as Barwell are by being bottom of the table, then yes there would be every right to complain.

Having said that It is a striker we need as we've gone 270 mins without scoring. And if we've still got money left from our recent successes then it should be spent on players. There's no point saving it for when we get promotion, as that will never happen without the squad being strengthened. Having a good defence is one thing, but you have to be able to capitalise on that at the other end of the pitch and at the moment we can't.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum