Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Worcs Senior Cup

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Worcs Senior Cup on Sat Aug 16 2014, 00:10

Why we enter this cup when we have the FA Cup, Trophy, League Cup and Bham Senior plus the small matter of 46 league matches is anyone's guess.

I suppose it took a small step closer to being a proper competition with a new entrant.

Evesham at home in the quarter finals if you didn't know!

View user profile

2 Re: Worcs Senior Cup on Sat Aug 16 2014, 12:10

stour_boy wrote:Why we enter this cup when we have the FA Cup, Trophy, League Cup and Bham Senior plus the small matter of 46 league matches is anyone's guess.

I suppose it took a small step closer to being a proper competition with a new entrant.

Evesham at home in the quarter finals if you didn't know!

I believe we have no choice in the matter.

View user profile

3 Re: Worcs Senior Cup on Sat Aug 16 2014, 17:12

I thought the Bham Senior was mandatory and Worcs was optional (hence the likes of Halesowen don't bother any more) but I stand corrected

View user profile

4 Re: Worcs Senior Cup on Sat Aug 16 2014, 19:35

stour_boy wrote:I thought the Bham Senior was mandatory and Worcs was optional (hence the likes of Halesowen don't bother any more) but I stand corrected

You were right in the first place. Our principal affiliation is the Birmingham FA so our entry into the Birmingham Senior Cup is mandatory.

Our participation in the Worcestershire Senior Cup is optional.

View user profile

5 Re: Worcs Senior Cup on Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:31

Guest


Guest
Dave the Glassboy wrote:Our participation in the Worcestershire Senior Cup is optional.

Surely our participation should be classed as pointless not optional Wink 

6 Re: Worcs Senior Cup on Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:27

sirsmilerIII wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:Our participation in the Worcestershire Senior Cup is optional.

Surely our participation should be classed as pointless not optional Wink 

I would have done but I'd have been accused of keep banging on about it!  Wink 

View user profile

7 Re: Worcs Senior Cup on Wed Sep 03 2014, 10:39

stour_boy wrote:I suppose it took a small step closer to being a proper competition with a new entrant.

Scrap that - Romulus have presumably now looked at a map, realised they are nowhere near Worcestershire, and have dropped out. Couldn't make it up!

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum