Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Admission Prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 11:20

Jack

avatar
Admin
No change from last year it appears. Very good price at this level for adults, it's been a tenner for a few years now, and I think it's excellent the club haven't been tempted to at least notch it up a pound or so.

However, there is a slight issue, for me. I'm not sure about upt Norfff, but in the Southern League last year as far as I'm aware, we were the only club not to offer a student price. Which means that for the bulk of next season I will have to pay adult-despite still being in full time education.

The principal of it affects me, however I will still ultimately follow Stour. However, that same connection may not run so deep with others. For example, two of my mates were strongly considering Season Tickets next year. One of which has had one for a few years now, and has been to some away games-not just your glamour ones. The other, caught the 'Bug' at the back end of last season, and we've had many a conversation about the following season, and he's genuinely excited about it.

Are they going to be prepared to pay adult prices? I don't think they will, and tbh quite rightly so. If you can get a similar quality of football for £3 less at the Grove, why would you choose Stour as a floating fan looking for football at an affordable price? If I was to get a Season Ticket at Old Trafford, I'd have a reduction at an Under 18 age bracket. That's at one of the biggest money-churning-customer-not-fan corporations in the world. The fact that Stour then don't have a reduction whatsoever simply isn't right. A 17 year old in full time education should not be paying £10 for this level of football. (You can get to a Manchester Derby for that amount as Child/Student).

This isn't a rant or a moan, it's just a simple observation, from something that directly affects me, and next year some of friends. You oldies  Wink  have to accept that my generation are going to be the one that's the core of the club in the next 10/15 years as we hopefully progress higher up the pyramid, but it means getting them in the door now, before they can realistically afford Premier League Football prices. Right now, I don't feel the club are doing all they can to do that, which is a shame.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

2 Re: Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 12:16

Jack wrote:However, there is a slight issue, for me. I'm not sure about upt Norfff, but in the Southern League last year as far as I'm aware, we were the only club not to offer a student price.

Students got the concession rate last season as long as they showed their student ID card.

Whether that'll be carried forward for next season is something I can't answer though.

View user profile

3 Re: Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 12:20

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Jack wrote:However, there is a slight issue, for me. I'm not sure about upt Norfff, but in the Southern League last year as far as I'm aware, we were the only club not to offer a student price.

Students got the concession rate last season as long as they showed their student ID card.

I think that depended on who was on the turnstiles! The official stance - and I asked - was that there was not a student discount.

I understand for long term students - well into their 20s but not for 16 - 18 year olds.

View user profile

4 Re: Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 12:58

At 18 you're an adult,from that point i think it's fair to expect the full amount,i agree that 16-17 year old's should get a discount.

Being a student is a personal choice,not something that is forced upon an individual and it doesn't preclude a person from getting a part time job,therefore from 18 onwards the rules applying to all adults should apply in my opinion.

I had a very poorly paid job when i left school at 16,i had to make a choice as to whether to stay in most of the week so that i could scrape the money together to go to an Albion or Stourbridge match at the weekend,it's a matter of "cutting one's cloth" to be honest.

I do think however that club's like Stour should operate a loyalty card of some type that rewards long term loyal fan's with some kind of a discount or a free match ticket occasionally.

View user profile

5 Re: Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 13:21

I agree DA - Uni is a choice and I don't necessarily think that those students should get a discount, as you say afford it or don't go!

It is now though compulsory for young people to be in some sort of full time education to 17 this academic year group and then 18 next year group. So like you I think clubs should look at prices for this age group. Getting part time jobs and doing a levels is not that easy. One main point I feel - and this is me not Jacks mom!! Wink  - is that most clubs throughout all levels do accommodate this age bracket. We will pay for Jacks season ticket as that is our choice and Stour is our club - but many may not and that is a shame.

View user profile

6 Re: Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 18:02

Jane.N wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Jack wrote:However, there is a slight issue, for me. I'm not sure about upt Norfff, but in the Southern League last year as far as I'm aware, we were the only club not to offer a student price.

Students got the concession rate last season as long as they showed their student ID card.

I think that depended on who was on the turnstiles!

If it was that obnoxious steward at the main gates, He made the admission rules up as he went a long!

View user profile

7 Re: Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 19:45

For me university is an option so why should a club charge less. University students have time to get a job it is up to them how they spend it.

Perhaps a loyality card should be introduced if you have been a season ticket holder for years before.

View user profile

8 Re: Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 22:30

Jack, I'm sure you'll get a concession ST price as you are well known to the club. I always did. Now I am in full time work so I had an adult ST for the first time in 2013/14.

I agree you need a consistent policy but if you do have a policy, you are open to all sorts claiming concessions of one sort or another.

In my eyes people in full time education should not pay full price. Stour Si, would you also say OAPs should get no discount as they could equally continue working like any student could part-time.

It's a no-brainer to offer concessions to under 18 students as well as Jane points out - it's mandatory to continue education to 18 now.

My argument is that the club needs to attract fans like myself and Jack at an early age, so that when we finish education we will continue to get a season ticket for years and continue to support the club.

In fact, as a student member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants I am technically a student still! Something I do utilise for away games with my NUS card but I want to pay for an adult ST at Stour now given I want to thank the club for allowing me to pay less whilst my earnings were zilch.

View user profile

9 Re: Admission Prices on Sat Jun 28 2014, 23:37

stour_boy wrote:Jack, I'm sure you'll get a concession ST price as you are well known to the club. I always did. Now I am in full time work so I had an adult ST for the first time in 2013/14.

I agree you need a consistent policy but if you do have a policy, you are open to all sorts claiming concessions of one sort or another.

In my eyes people in full time education should not pay full price. Stour Si, would you also say OAPs should get no discount as they could equally continue working like any student could part-time.

It's a no-brainer to offer concessions to under 18 students as well as Jane points out - it's mandatory to continue education to 18 now.

My argument is that the club needs to attract fans like myself and Jack at an early age, so that when we finish education we will continue to get a season ticket for years and continue to support the club.

In fact, as a student member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants I am technically a student still! Something I do utilise for away games with my NUS card but I want to pay for an adult ST at Stour now given I want to thank the club for allowing me to pay less whilst my earnings were zilch.


Don't drag pensioners into it ffs SB... Mad 


Anybody over the age of 80 should get in free if accompanied by a parent  Laughing 


As it happens ( no Jimmy Saville jokes thank you Jimbo ) i know a bloke of 63 who's gran is still fit and well and living on her own.


She's the one that Jim is going out with,the one he never brings to games for some reason  Shocked 

View user profile

10 Re: Admission Prices on Fri Jul 11 2014, 16:09

Jack

avatar
Admin
It appears 16-18 year olds getting Season Tickets will get a reduction after all. Great news, well done to the club.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

11 Re: Admission Prices on Sun Jul 13 2014, 23:28

Got into the away end at St Andrews (for the first and probably last time) for a fiver last season with my NUS card at the age of 37.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum