Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sport England Grant Funding

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sport England Grant Funding on Sun Jun 08 2014, 11:01

A big thank you and well done to Gordon Thomas and our fellow directors for the success in obtaining the grant of c£47k.

I can only imagine that it has taken many, many hours of form filling, discussions, answering queries and receiving visits from the authorities. AND all of this time and effort is done voluntarily.

The grant is ring-fenced for specific projects including the overdue improvements to the changing rooms but, having said that, it is a huge positive to our cash flow.

The only downside that I can see is that our pitch, which was in almost prisine condition last season, will receive more wear and tear. However, this is a small price to pay for helping the wider community.

Again, congratulations to our directors.

View user profile

2 Re: Sport England Grant Funding on Sun Jun 08 2014, 14:47

I wouldn't worry about the pitch........the end of season renovations have been carried out and by the looks of things, the pitch will be even better next season.

COYG

View user profile

3 Re: Sport England Grant Funding on Fri Jun 13 2014, 09:54

This is great news. Seen a few photos of the progress so far on Facebook, and it's looking good.

Well done to everyone at the club who facilitated these funds becoming available.

View user profile

4 Re: Sport England Grant Funding on Fri Jun 13 2014, 14:54

stour_boy wrote:This is great news. Seen a few photos of the progress so far on Facebook, and it's looking good.

Well done to everyone at the club who facilitated these funds becoming available.

I believe Gordon gets most of the plaudits for securing this grant.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

5 Re: Sport England Grant Funding on Fri Jun 13 2014, 15:34

UlsterJim wrote:
stour_boy wrote:This is great news. Seen a few photos of the progress so far on Facebook, and it's looking good.

I believe Gordon gets most of the plaudits for securing this grant.

Yes,well done to him and all involved.

Obviously not true what Jilted John said  Laughing 

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum