Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Frome away.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Frome away. on Thu Mar 27 2014, 00:38

I'll be missing this one so i'll be anxiously awaiting text updates from Jimbo.

Frome seem to be finding some form,having recently beaten Hemel 1-0 and i see they came back on Wednesday evening to beat St Neots 5-4 so i think we can expect a much tougher match than when we trounced them at Amblecote earlier this season.

I do feel that this match and the one at Hitchen along with the home matches v Totton and Banbury are "must win" considering we have to travel to both Chesham and Poole.

View user profile

2 Re: Frome away. on Thu Mar 27 2014, 09:12

Devil's Advocate wrote:I'll be missing this one so i'll be anxiously awaiting text updates from Jimbo.

.

Unfortunately I am going to miss it now too. I have to be at a surprise 60th birthday near Stafford at 7.30. Even with the offer of a lit back from Andy Hill I wont make it in time. I will forward his text updates on to you.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

3 Re: Frome away. on Thu Mar 27 2014, 09:21

Oh and buy the way it's pronounced Froooooooooooooooooooom.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

4 Re: Frome away. on Thu Mar 27 2014, 11:06

UlsterJim wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I'll be missing this one so i'll be anxiously awaiting text updates from Jimbo.

.

Unfortunately I am going to miss it now too.  I have to be at a surprise 60th birthday near Stafford at 7.30.  Even with the offer of a lit back from Andy Hill I wont make it in time.  I will forward his text updates on to you.

How can your birthday be a surprise if you already know about it?

View user profile

5 Re: Frome away. on Thu Mar 27 2014, 16:35

UlsterJim wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I'll be missing this one so i'll be anxiously awaiting text updates from Jimbo.

.

Unfortunately I am going to miss it now too.  I have to be at a surprise 60th birthday near Stafford at 7.30.  Even with the offer of a lit back from Andy Hill I wont make it in time.  I will forward his text updates on to you.

You're looking good for it!  Wink 

View user profile

6 Re: Frome away. on Fri Mar 28 2014, 13:05

Guest


Guest
And he doesn't look a day over 59, must be all that anti-wrinkle cream he uses Laughing 

7 Re: Frome away. on Fri Mar 28 2014, 14:14

I always thought Ulster was well into his 60's.

View user profile

8 Re: Frome away. on Fri Mar 28 2014, 20:12

Bedford have signed five new players ahead of tomorrow's game at Poole, including two on loan from MK Dons. Let's hope that brings a change in fortunes!

View user profile

9 Re: Frome away. on Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:35

I'm surprised nobody has posted before me this evening following such a cracking result.

Poole's loss was a massive bonus along with the red card received so i hope Banbury can at least tire them out a bit on Tuesday before we arrive in town on Thursday.

Well done lads,i'm well pleased with today's result after the loss at Hemel which was undeserved.

View user profile

10 Re: Frome away. on Sat Mar 29 2014, 21:04

First half we were all over them and 2-0 up and it looked like a question of how many?

Second half though we barely got off the starting blocks and we looked distinctly lacklustre - a decent side would have given us some bother.

View user profile

11 Re: Frome away. on Sat Mar 29 2014, 22:08

Agree with DTG about the game.

I know it will be hard for some supporters to make Poole but I hope as many give the team support via this forum.

View user profile

12 Re: Frome away. on Sun Mar 30 2014, 11:32

Jack

avatar
Admin
All we can do is do our job and hope that's enough. Well done lads, been a very good week performance wise

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

13 Re: Frome away. on Sun Mar 30 2014, 13:53

I thought we dominated the first half , scored 2 good goals and could have had more.
Second half we never really got out of third gear, but held them easily and they rarely threatened.
We could even have scored a third near the end when their keeper made a good save from Smirkle.
Although the ref denied him his moment of glory by giving a goal kick to the bemusement of both benches.
Listing to the chat after the game I think 2nd half we were saving ourselves for Poole on Thursday.
Having given Dean some stick over the last few games I think it only fair to say he had a good game today, albeit against a poor attack.

MotM was Kyle with 4 votes, Netan , Louis, Drew & Dean all received 1. (still 1 vote to come in).


Wine was won by Karen Hough

View user profile

14 Re: Frome away. on Sun Mar 30 2014, 15:47

Brian Handy wrote:I thought we dominated the first half , scored 2 good goals and could have had more.
Second half we never really got out of third gear, but held them easily and they rarely threatened.
We could even have scored a third near the end when their keeper made a good save from Smirkle.
Although the ref denied him his moment of glory by giving a goal kick to the bemusement of both benches.
Listing to the chat after the game I think 2nd half we were saving ourselves for Poole on Thursday.
Having given Dean some stick over the last few games I think it only fair to say he had a good game today, albeit against a poor attack.

MotM was Kyle with 4 votes, Netan , Louis, Drew & Dean all received 1. (still 1 vote to come in).


Wine was won by Karen Hough


"Smirkle"………LOL Brian,that made me Smilke :-))

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Similar topics

-

» Greetings frome Echo Base!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum