Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hemel at home.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Hemel at home. on Sat Feb 22 2014, 22:53

Reading on the SLP forum that the wrong player got sent off.

Okay it might have been a foul but the only reason to send the player off would be if he was the last man and was an intent on stopping the player from a goal scoring position. How the ref can deem that is impossible I think when two of our players were that close together.

Don't like having a go at officials but today the ref was probably the worst I have ever seen and the assistant on the near side didn't even know the rules about the technical area and making subs.

View user profile

27 Re: Hemel at home. on Sat Feb 22 2014, 23:59

stoursi wrote:First of all DA you were at the Hawthorns so if you are going to comment on a game comment on that and nothing else.

Team selection wrong from the start how on earth can Luke be left on the bench for Berwick. Sorry but that Berwick will never get us in the play offs. Scoring in this league is just average. Not the signing we should have made.

Awful start by us not even making one challenge on Tooney for the first goal. Supporters have talked all season about midfielders not making a challenge and today that proved it.

The penalty whether it was or it wasn't I am not sure but how can you send a player off for I would think being the last man when we have two defenders going for the ball. A rubbish decision for me.

We had our chances but all credit to Walker for making some good saves.

Negatives for me today Ford and Clifton on the pitch questioning decisions. Yes most were wrong but it ain't going to get us anywhere we have to carry on.

Thought we should have brought Berwick off when Will was sent off and gone with Ben upfront. Thought bringing on Fitz was just a waste of time again and that perhaps that shows our ambition because he certainly doesn't improve things at all.

Hopefully we can improve things on Tuesday and get back to winning ways.

I'll comment on what i want AND if you bother to actually read my post again i made no comment whatever on the Stourbridge performance today.

Would you like to enlighten me as to what i said in terms of the Stourbridge performance?

View user profile

28 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 05:35

It's about time this forum burst into life.

I've had my fair share of fallouts with Devil in the past but on this occasion he's done nothing to warrant people having a go at him.

I don't see people having a pop at him for sticking up for Wolfie(Jane) he wasn't at the game and didn't witness the incident so surely he isn't allowed to put those kind words?!!

I have to say though....the ref WAS a disgrace,definitely never played the game and a complete knobber.

Well battled boys,the scoreline flattered them.

View user profile

29 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 10:38

Some posts on here in the past few days have been laughable.

An 'open discussion football forum' where your not allowed to air your own views! As for posters like 'Rasrat' or whatever hes name is I will not comment. 'Keyboard Warriors' who continually make comments about individuals but hide behind a computer! Whatever floats ya boat kid. Wink

Back to the game..
No ref is that inept (not even 'Arnold'). So for me the referee simply cheated. He wasnt going to let Stourbridge win at any cost. If we had only got two' stone wall' penalties from four I would have been livid, to get none is an utter disgrace. I hope the club get in touch with the FA and keep pushing for answers from that display.

Was proud of the team under difficult circumstances (10 vs 12). It is easy however for the team to get up for it when the crowd are 'loud'. To many times this season we havent performed in games. Each game is now a cup final till the end of the season, we need to get behind the team for the remainder of games and push the lads in to the play-offs.

RED ARMY.

View user profile

30 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 11:47

Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give the ref a lift back home on their team coach.

As for the club pushing the FA for answers.  They need to get a copy of the video that was recorded of the game and send it to them, before it gets expertly edited.

As for DA I have to totally agree with what everyone has said, because unless I'm blind I certainly don't see him mention the stourbridge performance in any of his comments about this match.  A completely innocent man, for once Wink 

31 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 15:55

MotM was Ben with 9 votes, Leon received 8 , Sean 3 & Kayledon 2.

Ethan won the wine (aka fosters).

re the incident involving the ref he came off, I was manning the Church exit so did not see it.
I was told afterwards that one of the stewards ' flung himself in front of the ref ' and took most of the drink thrown on his yellow jacket ( it's not true he was seen licking it clean after). I was also told it was allegedly one of the players parents who threw the drink, I can only apologise to Jane if she was spoken to for telling the person off, that should not happen.

View user profile

32 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 16:59

Jane was not only spoken to but verbally abused by the woman who threw the drink, along with the male person who was with her. I was also shouted at and threatened by the pair when I stepped in to back Jane up, and if it was one of the players parents who did it then they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

The worst thing is that it was beer that was thrown, and that is alcohol abuse Wink 

33 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 17:09

I believe it's common knowledge who was involved but I'm still waiting for a certain person to apologise to devil.....

Yippppeeee.....pint cans again please Brian....my vote went to Ben for superb work rate even after his first half sitter miss.

View user profile

34 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 17:15

sirsmilerIII wrote:Jane was not only spoken to but verbally abused by the woman who threw the drink, along with the male person who was with her.  I was also shouted at and threatened by the pair when I stepped in to back Jane up, and if it was one of the players parents who did it then they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

The worst thing is that it was beer that was thrown, and that is alcohol abuse Wink   

Agree Smiler, what a waste of good beer Sad

Like you said in previous post, I was a little disturbed that one of the two stewards didnt step in when this couple were trying to get to Jane, well done to you Smiler for just standing there when there was abuse, pushing & shoving. The stewards were just a few feet away from this incident & i had to walk past both to try & help calm the situation down.

I hadnt seen the culprits before, if they were something to do with one of our own they really need to look a good hard look at themselves.

All this because of a cheating ref.

View user profile

35 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 18:00

I didn't want to discuss this on here really but seeing as the rumours are flying around.........

I didn't see who threw the beer at the ref - but it hit him in the face and he took a lot of it. A couple of us voiced our disapproval at this action when one turned round and asked me what it had got to do with me - I have left out a lot of verbals which could not be shared on a public forum.  Shocked I then suggested he toned down his language in front of his child. That then led to another torrent of abuse from a couple. I moved away as much to diffuse the situation as anything and then they turned and had ago at Sir Smiler who gallantly had defended me - cheers!  Smile 
On moving past the bar area I did chat to the couple and all was sorted - no need for afters I don't think.

Although I do think the issue of throwing stuff needs sorting - not a view necessarily shared with some officials unfortunately! Maybe things were sorted afterwards with them, I dont know and I dont need to know - its none of my business, but for the sake of the clubs reputation we could do without that kind of behaviour.

Cheers for all of your support on here.

Back to game - 'we was robbed!!' - Also gave MOM to Ben although Sean was a close second.
See you Tuesday COYG

View user profile

36 Re: Hemel at home. on Sun Feb 23 2014, 18:09

Jane.N wrote:I didn't want to discuss this on here really but seeing as the rumours are flying around.........

I didn't see who threw the beer at the ref - but it hit him in the face and he took a lot of it. A couple of us voiced our disapproval at this action when one turned round and asked me what it had got to do with me - I have left out a lot of verbals which could not be shared on a public forum.  Shocked I then suggested he toned down his language in front of his child. That then led to another torrent of abuse from a couple. I moved away as much to diffuse the situation as anything and then they turned and had ago at Sir Smiler who gallantly had defended me - cheers!  Smile 
On moving past the bar area I did chat to the couple and all was sorted - no need for afters I don't think.

Although I do think the issue of throwing stuff needs sorting - not a view necessarily shared with some officials unfortunately! Maybe things were sorted afterwards with them, I dont know and I dont need to know - its none of my business, but for the sake of the clubs reputation we could do without that kind of behaviour.

Cheers for all of your support on here.

Back to game - 'we was robbed!!' - Also gave MOM to Ben although Sean was a close second.
See you Tuesday COYG

:-)

View user profile

37 Re: Hemel at home. on Mon Feb 24 2014, 10:19

Pics from Saturday's game off The Hemel forum.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-kX5d9/i-gTNvcCh/A

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

38 Re: Hemel at home. on Mon Feb 24 2014, 11:24

As usual i now see that after my comments my new name is rasrat, so i will forgive brockmoor for his limited intelligence. the good news for you all is that i will no longer comment on this forum as it appears very exclusive and newcomers are not welcome.
For you DA let me just say that i am not in anyway shape or form related to players or management, what i can tell you is that i was a professional footballer for 10 years many many years ago, so my knowledge of football is reasonable i never played at the highest level but a little better than division 6 of the Kiddy league.

I will continue to support Stourbridge as i think they have alot going for them and i certainly enjoy non league football. Good luck to all forum users that that try to make comments but as i said its all about one person.
Enjoy the rest of the season whatever happens. Laughing 

View user profile

39 Re: Hemel at home. on Mon Feb 24 2014, 11:32

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

40 Re: Hemel at home. on Mon Feb 24 2014, 12:20

rasam wrote:As usual i now see that after my comments my new name is rasrat, so i will forgive brockmoor for his limited intelligence. the good news for you all is that i will no longer comment on this forum as it appears very exclusive and newcomers are not welcome.
For you DA let me just say that i am not in anyway shape or form related to players or management, what i can tell you is that i was a professional footballer for 10 years many many years ago, so my knowledge of football is reasonable i never played at the highest level but a little better than division 6 of the Kiddy league.

I will continue to support Stourbridge as i think they have alot going for them and i certainly enjoy non league football. Good luck to all forum users that that try to make comments but as i said its all about one person.
Enjoy the rest of the season whatever happens. Laughing 

There is no need to forgive me for my 'limited intelligence'.

1) I do not care.
2) I'm very knowledgeable in the field that I work, thanks you.

As for you no longer commenting on this forum that is up to you. You seem to be trying to play the 'sympathy card' as far as Im concerned, Im not sure why this should be? You have no problem with your sly comments and digs to certain posters on here (two in the above message alone!), but when you get given a taste of your own medicine you spit your dummy out.

Im not sure what you expect when your keen to remain anonymous, but are happy to shoot people down.

So it leaves me with one thing to say....

Goodbye.

View user profile

41 Re: Hemel at home. on Mon Feb 24 2014, 19:06

rasam you don't need any intelligence to be on here, otherwise I would have been booted off ages ago Laughing 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum