Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bashley at home.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 13:56

Should be a convincing home win, but football is a funny old game.

I think we will score at least 5 in front of a crowd of 379.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

2 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 14:33

My worry is that Bashley are bound to come and try to make it hard for us, defend in numbers and all that. Just the type of opponent we have found it hard to break down at times. If we don't score early it could be a long and frustrating afternoon.

Realistically it should be a win with a bit to spare, though.

View user profile

3 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 15:19

UlsterJim wrote:Should be a convincing home win, but football is a funny old game.

I think we will score at least 5 in front of a crowd of 379.

You texted me this morning and predicted 10-0.

You seem to be backtracking now Jimbo :-))

View user profile

4 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 15:27

Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:Should be a convincing home win, but football is a funny old game.

I think we will score at least 5 in front of a crowd of 379.

You texted me this morning and predicted 10-0.

You seem to be backtracking now Jimbo :-))

Not really a backtrack Devil....Ulster has put "at least 5"
He's not said it won't be ten.....it won't though.

View user profile

5 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 15:35

In some ways, bearing in mind the 7-0s over Weymouth and Frome, you can make a case that it's more likely to be 10-0 than 3-0. The way we can get on top of poor teams (not necessarily saying Bash will be poor, but their League record suggests they are not strong) and destroy them sometimes...

EDIT - Should stress that it's every bit as likely we'll lose abjectly!

View user profile

6 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 16:11

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:Should be a convincing home win, but football is a funny old game.

I think we will score at least 5 in front of a crowd of 379.

You texted me this morning and predicted 10-0.

You seem to be backtracking now Jimbo :-))

Not really a backtrack Devil....Ulster has put "at least 5"
He's not said it won't be ten.....it won't though.


Err…..wrong Tricky.

Let me quote our diminutive Irish "Sage" from his text to me.

"Ten nil on Saturday,you heard it here first.Rock on Tommy!

Nothing ambiguous about that Tricky and i admired his positive attitude,if we do hit ten i shall buy my little Irish friend a pint in the bar as i shall be in such high spirits.

View user profile

7 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 16:15

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:Should be a convincing home win, but football is a funny old game.

I think we will score at least 5 in front of a crowd of 379.

You texted me this morning and predicted 10-0.

You seem to be backtracking now Jimbo :-))

Not really a backtrack Devil....Ulster has put "at least 5"
He's not said it won't be ten.....it won't though.


Err…..wrong Tricky.

Let me quote our diminutive Irish "Sage" from his text to me.

"Ten nil on Saturday,you heard it here first.Rock on Tommy!

Nothing ambiguous about that Tricky and i admired his positive attitude,if we do hit ten i shall buy my little Irish friend a pint in the bar as i shall be in such high spirits.

I didn't refer to any particular game Devil.  That text is very ambiguous, any good defence lawyer would get me off.  Seriously that was tongue in cheek, but I do think we will murder them tomorrow, not literally of course.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

8 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 16:32

Why do i feel a scruffy one nil to either side coming on Saturday?

I'm not the person to by standing by your side if you're stood on a ledge whilst feeling suicidal……..i'd only hasten you jumping!

Let's hope it's not a case of people being greedy on the pitch and remembering it's a team game,if we play properly as a team then anything from 5-0 upwards is a possibility.

View user profile

9 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 18:24

Fall behind in the sixth minute before our imperialistic might overpowers little Bashley. 8-1 win and Messrs Hackett et al are given the freedom of Stourbridge Aldi and made freemen of the Borough of Dudley. Lenny Henry will bestow the honour upon them at the final whistle, and also give them money off vouchers at the Premier Inn including a free upgrade to the all you can eat breakfast.

View user profile

10 Re: Bashley at home. on Fri Feb 07 2014, 18:53

Aled wrote:Fall behind in the sixth minute before our imperialistic might overpowers little Bashley. 8-1 win and Messrs Hackett et al are given the freedom of Stourbridge Aldi and made freemen of the Borough of Dudley. Lenny Henry will bestow the honour upon them at the final whistle, and also give them money off vouchers at the Premier Inn including a free upgrade to the all you can eat breakfast.


I envisage the management team all down on their knees praying for a Bashley win based on the prizes on offer Aled!

Lenny Henry ffs…………as funny as haemeroids whilst suffering with "Delhi belly".

View user profile

11 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 08:53

No formal inspection needed. Pitch is fine. Game on!

View user profile

12 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 10:11

Andy Hill has kindly texted Banbury is off under water!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil 

View user profile

13 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 10:49

baz wrote:Andy Hill has kindly texted Banbury is off under water!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil 

Photo apparently taken at 9.15 this morning

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/banburyunitedfootballclub/news/no-football-at-spencer-stadium-today-against-biggleswade-1154773.html

View user profile

14 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 10:59

TRM wrote:
baz wrote:Andy Hill has kindly texted Banbury is off under water!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil 

Photo apparently taken at 9.15 this morning

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/banburyunitedfootballclub/news/no-football-at-spencer-stadium-today-against-biggleswade-1154773.html


Another ridiculously early call off at Banbury!

Whimps!!

View user profile

15 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 15:34

Today's team:

Coleman

Haynes Richards Broadhurst Sansara
Fitzpatrick Harris Geddes Brown
Berwick Billingham

View user profile

16 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 15:35

Subs:

Francis
Birch
Tye
Washbourne
Murphy

View user profile

17 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 15:35

1-0 Geddes free kick

View user profile

18 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 15:35

1-1

View user profile

19 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 15:48

1-1 HT

View user profile

20 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 17:07

2-1 Brown

View user profile

21 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 17:07

3-1 Billingham

View user profile

22 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 17:08

4-1 Broadhurst

View user profile

23 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 17:08

4-1 FT

View user profile

24 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 17:24

Horrible conditions,a very poor pitch,limited opposition,all in all a dismal afternoon apart from getting the win.

All credit to Bashley for playing with such spirit,they we better than i thought they'd be but then again i don't think we helped ourselves very much.

Finally,a glimpse of young Murphy up front,a pity he wasn't brought on alongside Berwick though.

Murphy's movement and inventiveness on the ball made for a much brighter last 15 minutes on a dire afternoon,i do hope the lad is trusted in more games from now on because he clearly has something about him.

View user profile

25 Re: Bashley at home. on Sat Feb 08 2014, 17:38

Jack

avatar
Admin
Got to the depressing time when not only are players playing for Stour who are my age, but players who I've faced years gone by in Sunday League!

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum