32 Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. on Tue Jan 28 2014, 21:26

Finished 2-2

View user profile

33 Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. on Tue Jan 28 2014, 21:37

Boom! Not the best was it.

View user profile

34 Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. on Tue Jan 28 2014, 22:13

Strange game.

So many close calls that we could have buried them by a shed load especially in the first half.

Profligate finishing by Ben and some utter luck when Tommy's volley was blocked,hitting the bar etc,etc.

A "worldy" of a finish for their first,what a quality strike but our new defensive midfielder was "done like kipper" as the player went past him.

Their second goal……..dearie,dearie me,Dean is leaving us with some mountains to climb with these howlers.

I just wish he'd relax and calm down,all the potential in the world but he plays like he's a bundle of nerves,he doesn't need to be,he's much better than he's producing at present.

Great work ethic and finish by Brown for his second.

One of the worst substitutions in a long while bringing Tommy off,i don't buy into all this "he isn't up to 90 minutes yet" guff,he is 26 years old,as fit as a butcher's dog and in the prime of his life,i was well impressed with his performance.

If we had him,Benbow and Mackey as a front three along with Brown we'd have walked into the play offs.

A frustrating night but a few green shoots of recovery and very well done to Tommy Berwick and Brownie.

View user profile

35 Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. on Tue Jan 28 2014, 22:34

MotM went to Kayelden with 13 votes, Ben received 8, Tom 2 , Leon, Drew, Sean & Sam 1 each.

Wine was won by Steve Hyde

View user profile

36 Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. on Tue Jan 28 2014, 22:38

Brian Handy wrote:MotM went to Kayelden with 13 votes, Ben received 8, Tom 2 , Leon, Drew, Sean & Sam 1 each.

Wine was won by Steve Hyde

Brian….you were TOLD that Tricky needed to win the draw!

Very disappointed in you tbh.

View user profile

37 Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. on Tue Jan 28 2014, 22:50

In the end relieved to get a draw despite it being another blow to diminishing play off hopes. We looked good in the first period, but after the effort hit the underside of the bar, could sense we'd fall behind, it was a great finish but we where carved open too easily.

The period after the equaliser Truro where on the ropes, if we'd got one we could have had several I think, but more poor defensive work let them back in, not the first mistake from Coleman unfortunately. I didn't see a way back from that but what superb effort and great finish by Brown, must say I think he's been one of our better players recently, which I didn't think i'd say when I first saw him! thought Billingham was outstanding tonight. Surprised Berwick was substituted without another recognised striker to put on.

Still plenty of room for improvement and whilst hanging around for my ticket from sataurday, I could hear the manager say as much in a forthright manner!

View user profile

38 Truro at home on Tuesday on Wed Jan 29 2014, 08:12

A game where we didn't have the ''rub of the green'' eg hitting the bar twice in the first half, and a game where the referee most certainly was not a ''homer'' !!!

For the first time, Brown impressed me and his two goals and all-round performance should do wonders for his confidence.

Agree with other comments in that I couldn't understand why Berwick was subbed, particularly as we were on top at that stage.

We can't afford to keep dropping points at home but a crumb of comfort can be gained in that, at this stage last season ie 27 games, we'd collected 46 points and Gosport, the eventual play-off winners, had only got 41 points. This season we've picked up 47 !!!

Compliments to our groundsman, Stuart Turner, for, yet again, providing the players and us, the spectators, with a very good playing surface. Although the pitch is not being used as much this season and drains well naturally, it still takes a lot of time and hard work to get our pitch in such good nick in January.

View user profile

39 Re: Truro at home on Tuesday. on Wed Jan 29 2014, 10:31

redpike wrote:A game where we didn't have the ''rub of the green'' eg hitting the bar twice in the first half, and a game where the referee most certainly was not a ''homer'' !!!

For the first time, Brown impressed me and his two goals and all-round performance should do wonders for his confidence.

Agree with other comments in that I couldn't understand why Berwick was subbed, particularly as we were on top at that stage.

We can't afford to keep dropping points at home but a crumb of comfort can be gained in that, at this stage last season ie 27 games, we'd collected 46 points and Gosport, the eventual play-off winners, had only got 41 points. This season we've picked up 47 !!!

Compliments to our groundsman, Stuart Turner, for, yet again, providing the players and us, the spectators, with a very good playing surface. Although the pitch is not being used as much this season and drains well naturally, it still takes a lot of time and hard work to get our pitch in such good nick in January.

I thought it should've been called off,far too poor a surface to play on.

I saw at least two player's with dirty marks on their short's and one with a muddy knee.

We really should be taking more care of the player's welfare!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum