Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

New signings thread - Season 2013-2014..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

TRM wrote:
Jack wrote:Also worth noting that while how/why he left still irks us has to be said, That Ben has been very complimentary to us about the move.

Indeed.

Tweet from Ben Mackey just now - "@TommyBerwick9 all the best Tommy boy! Good people at @sgcofficial you'll enjoy it mate!"

I'm more open-minded about the reasons for Ben's departure, personally. I just don't think it ever quite worked on the pitch, and that isn't necessarily just down to him.

Wasn't it eleven goals in about 15 games?

That suggested to me that it did work but that with Mackey you had to accept that if he had a bad day he was anonymous like in the play off semi v Gosport.

A 20 minute hatrick on your debut suggests you have quality.

I'd like to see Mackey back here playing with Berwick at some stage.

View user profile
I still don't think it really worked out - somehow he never quite settled. Can't put my finger on it. On the other hand, his tweet to TB this morning suggests otherwise, so maybe my feeling is wrong.

View user profile
And another one! We've also signed midfielder Louis Harris from Tamworth (ex-Wolves and Wimbledon). Don't know a lot about him, eg. is he a defensive or attacking player. Have to wait and see.

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/news/berwick-and-harris-join-glassboys-1143843.html

View user profile

Jack

Admin
Perm or Loan?

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net
Permanent.

View user profile
TRM wrote:And another one! We've also signed midfielder Louis Harris from Tamworth (ex-Wolves and Wimbledon). Don't know a lot about him, eg. is he a defensive or attacking player. Have to wait and see.

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/news/berwick-and-harris-join-glassboys-1143843.html

Oh joy…….at last,a "holding" midfielder from what i've read on various sites.

I hope he's a real Rottweiler who can do the smashing whilst Leon and Sean can work around him,Leon buzzing and picking up the bits and Sean dictating play with his passing.

I hope that fresh young legs in this area will actually bring a new lease of life to Leon,i think he's had a hell of a tough job for the last couple of seasons,he's a better footballer than just being the bloke sent on to chase and harry people.

View user profile
Possible line-up today, depending on injuries (Bennett and Broadhurst doubtful according to E&S last night)...

Coleman

Haynes
Richards
Oliver
Sansara

Billingham
Fitzpatrick
Harris
Geddes
Brown

Berwick

I make that just two players who featured against Plymouth - Ben and Sean.

Back in October against Poole (formation might not be strictly accurate)...

Coleman

Drake
Bennett
McCone
Lloyd

Billingham
Broadhurst
Geddes
Canavan

Richards
Rowe

I make that nine players who featured in one or both Plymouth matches - Richards and Coleman the odd men out. Drake, McCone, Rowe and Lloyd have all left the club or "sort of" left the club, and five of those players have come in since October. By our standards, we're undergoing a real transformation at the moment.

View user profile
TRM wrote:Possible line-up today, depending on injuries (Bennett and Broadhurst doubtful according to E&S last night)...

Coleman

Haynes
Richards
Oliver
Sansara

Billingham
Fitzpatrick
Harris
Geddes
Brown

Berwick

I make that just two players who featured against Plymouth - Ben and Sean.

Back in October against Poole (formation might not be strictly accurate)...

Coleman

Drake
Bennett
McCone
Lloyd

Billingham
Broadhurst
Geddes
Canavan

Richards
Rowe

I make that nine players who featured in one or both Plymouth matches - Richards and Coleman the odd men out. Drake, McCone, Rowe and Lloyd have all left the club or "sort of" left the club, and five of those players have come in since October. By our standards, we're undergoing a real transformation at the moment.

I can't believe i'm saying this and Tricky will slaughter me but i'd play Rock instead of Brown.

I'd bring Brown on when they are tiring.

I'll bet you any money Canavan plays.

View user profile
He was going to play!

View user profile
It wasn't necessarily the line-up I would have chosen, just a possible one with as many "newcomers" in as possible to illustrate my point!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum