Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Wed Jan 22 2014, 00:50

After steadying the ship at Bashley we face another tough task on Saturday.

I expect a stronger Biggleswade side than we faced in the FA Cup especially after seeing the league match at their place a few weeks ago.

I hope we've managed to add a new face or two by the weekend to freshen things up and to put pressure on key players.

Let's hope that fan's keep the faith and that we don't drop too many of the 570+ who turned up for the Bideford match.

No home match for Albion or Vile so we should get a decent turn out,let's give them something to enjoy Stour,up and at 'em from minute one and keep the ball on the deck please boys!

View user profile

2 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 12:41

From this week's Stourbridge News...

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/sport/football/sfc/evo_stik_southern_premier_2013_2014/read_article/10957960.Hackett____I_know_the_areas_where_we_need_to_improve_/

Fair comments by Gary. Wouldn't really expect him to say anything else. It would obviously be good if we could have a new signing by the weekend bearing in mind Luke's absence. Wonder what position we're talking about?

I didn't see the Cup tie with Biggleswade so can't comment on that, but after an even first half at their place, they definitely had the better of the second half and should have won it really, never mind nicking a draw. They've got experience at this level and possibly the best keeper in the Division in Brownie. It'll be a tough match, but aren't they all?! Goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that we need to be much, much better than last Saturday.

Forecast for tomorrow is dreadful but Saturday morning is not so bad. Heavy showers for the match itself. We should get away with it, I reckon.

View user profile

3 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:21

If what a little birds has told me is correct, Will won't be needed up front on Saturday.

View user profile

4 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:24

TRM wrote:If what a little birds has told me is correct, Will won't be needed up front on Saturday.


I know that we're close to a deal with a striker but as yet the name is not being mentioned.

I really hope it's a "name" at our level or the division above.

View user profile

5 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:26

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:If what a little birds has told me is correct, Will won't be needed up front on Saturday.


I know that we're close to a deal with a striker but as yet the name is not being mentioned.

I really hope it's a "name" at our level or the division above.



I'm hoping that it's not Tricky in negotiation's with Andy P………..a demon finisher in the Worcester sunday League from all accounts but at 57 he is alas,past his best.

View user profile

6 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:30

It's out there on Twitter if you know who to follow!

(Although my source described the deal as 99% done! rather than fully signed and sealed)

View user profile

7 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:33

TRM wrote:It's out there on Twitter if you know who to follow!

(Although my source described the deal as 99% done! rather than fully signed and sealed)

Come on TRM,give us a couple of clues…i don't do Twitter…………You're such a tease!!

View user profile

8 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:47

Don't just give us a clue,bloody tell us.....
I'm not on twatter either so stop dicking around and tell us....can't be doing with all the "I know something you don't know"crap!!!!!!

Not quite 57 Devil.

View user profile

9 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:01

Damn, all my sources must be asleep.

I can be no help either I'm afraid folks.

View user profile

10 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:09

It's Tommy Berwick from Hemel.

He's been on Twitter about signing for us.

Quality player and finisher and a better player for Benbow to play off than Rowey.

I said on here a few days ago that i thought Tommy would be good for us so i hope i'm right!

View user profile

11 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:20

Devil's Advocate wrote:It's Tommy Berwick from Hemel.

He's been on Twitter about signing for us.

Quality player and finisher and a better player for Benbow to play off than Rowey.

I said on here a few days ago that i thought Tommy would be good for us so i hope i'm right!

"I said on here a few days ago".......Hark at you boasting....you make me want to wretch my tea up you total slime ball.

View user profile

12 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:26

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:It's Tommy Berwick from Hemel.

He's been on Twitter about signing for us.

Quality player and finisher and a better player for Benbow to play off than Rowey.

I said on here a few days ago that i thought Tommy would be good for us so i hope i'm right!

"I said on here a few days ago".......Hark at you boasting....you make me want to wretch my tea up you total slime ball.


"Tea"…….you mean you're still able to eat whilst scrounging from the state Tricky,i'm most surprised?


Betting and eating whilst laid on your sofa in front of Jeremy Kyle on your 56 inch plasma screen in your "leafy" Worcester suburb…………i need to give your lifestyle a try!

View user profile

13 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:31

60" smart tele devil.....it's like being sat at the cinema.
I'd invite you round but could really do with you not lowering the tone.

Cue TRM......"Can we get back on topic please?"

View user profile

14 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:36

99% done deal and is already on Twitter, yet TRM won't put it on the unofficial forum **rolls eyes**

View user profile

15 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:37

Back on topic...

Sounds like a great signing!! I doubt he will score enough goals to equal his total of twitter posts though (19,400 and counting)

View user profile

16 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:38

Tricky Tree wrote:60" smart tele devil.....it's like being sat at the cinema.
I'd invite you round but could really do with you not lowering the tone.

Cue TRM......"Can we get back on topic please?"

Just how does a dim owner cope with a "Smart TV" ?

Do you get a neighbour round to switch channels?

Difficult during the day when everyone else is at f-----g work i would guess!! :-)

View user profile

17 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:39

Aled wrote:99% done deal and is already on Twitter, yet TRM won't put it on the unofficial forum **rolls eyes**

LOL…..love it Aled!

You going Saturday mate?

View user profile

18 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:39

I don't need to now!

As I said to TT, I would assume the Club haven't said anything BECAUSE it's only 99% done. Trying not to alert other clubs who might nip in. The player himself has put it out there so it's a bit late for that, but it's still not official.

View user profile

19 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:45

What's the predicted line-up for Saturday then, assuming he can go straight into the squad?

View user profile

20 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:39

According to JF in tonights E& S, Nathan is still out with a virus & Leon doubtful with an eye injury, so we may play a few players out of position.

View user profile

21 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:59

Brian Handy wrote:According to JF in tonights E& S, Nathan is still out with a virus & Leon doubtful with an eye injury, so we may play a few players out of position.

Nothing new then Brian…….we do even with a full squad normally :-(

View user profile

22 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Fri Jan 24 2014, 18:24

I shall be there DA, nothing re-wets the appetite like a 3-0 drubbing lol

View user profile

23 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Sat Jan 25 2014, 08:46

Had a reminder from Andy P that both of today's televised FA Cup ties will be on in the bar. Bournemouth v Liverpool at 12.45 and Stevenage (Boooooo!!!!!!) v Everton (Come on you Toffees!!!!!) at 5.30.

View user profile

24 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Sat Jan 25 2014, 15:27

As usual with refs it's all about them!

Postponing the match at that stage was ridiculous,it could've kicked off at any time up until 3.30pm according to Gary Hackett.

Why not give it a chance,why so keen to postpone.

1/ Biggleswade now with another £600 coach fee plus the inconvenience for everyone involved with their club.

2/ More recognition should be given to the fact these are part time players with jobs and lives to fit in.

The fact the ref will get his fee anyway and be home in time to take his wife shopping won't be a factor at all.

It's now 3.26pm and brightening up!!

The rain at Hungerford was FAR worse and for far longer regardless of the fact the match had started.

I hate refs!!!

View user profile

25 Re: Biggleswade Town at home on Saturday. on Sat Jan 25 2014, 15:41

What's happened? Was it abandoned or a really late postponement?

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum