Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bideford Saturday

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:17

Tricky I wasn't having a go at you for not being there Saturday and Tueday was just thinking I did t want me to include people who I know find it difficult. If you could be their I know you would.

I think I have a cleaning bill to be paid for. Thought fans had missed that incident.

View user profile

52 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:18

stoursi wrote:Tricky spot on at least some knows their football and he proved that last week at Truro when a certain striker got sent off for a stupid foul. Where you their Jack

Nathan has been a great servant to our club but this year for me has been struggling. Not having a go at him at all.

Geddes our best midfield well if that's the case why does our midfield get over run in some many games. He ain't the best midfielder in this by a mile. Its about time people on this forum realised this.

Benbow has more sulks then a baby he needs to grow up a lot and make teams suffer for his frustration.

Think I have more to have a view as I have only missed one game and are prepared to go to Bashley on Tuesday night.

Except trickys reasons but who else has got a good reason.

We've had both of these debates before.

Rightly or wrongly, we (ie. Gary and the management) don't seem to expect Sean to do the defensive work, or at least they tolerate him not doing enough of it. That's the way we set up to play. If he wasn't doing what was asked of him on a consistent basis then he'd be out of the team and probably the club. I think personally it's misguided to play that way because it leaves us exposed in central midfield where other teams can then get at our back four too easily.

Don't know whether I'm going to Bashley yet. In a funny way I might be more inclined to after today!

However, I don't finish work until 5, I have a family and other commitments and I only have so much money to do as I please with every month. I've just had to fork out for swimming lessons and netball coaching for the kids and between them they've got three school trips coming up in the spring and summer costing over a grand all told. If I go I won't be home until after 12 and I have to be at work the next morning too. If none of those things were an issue I'd be there without any question. I went to Cambridge, North Ferriby, Biggleswade and Burnham four Tuesdays on the bounce. And yet again I'm (we're) taking lessons on how to be a devoted supporter.

It ain't on, Si. The number of games you see means your well-placed to have an opinion on things. The fact that others don't see as many doesn't make their opnions any less valid. It's called "democracy", as I've said before. Stourbridge FC isn't the most important thing in my life. Not even in the top 5. I go when circumstances allow and if that isn't good enough then tough!

Last edited by TRM on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:25; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

53 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:24

stoursi wrote:Tricky I wasn't having a go at you for not being there Saturday and Tueday was just thinking I did t want me to include people who I know find it difficult. If you could be their I know you would.

I think I have a cleaning bill to be paid for. Thought fans had missed that incident.

Bloody hell Si I know you weren't.....I know that from speaking to you in person the last few weeks.

View user profile

54 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:26

TRM okay my wish list is based on current form and attitude.

Nathan for me has struggled all season not saying he has had a bad game all season I am just saying he can't go on. People I know who have watched Nathan longer than me agree.

Benbow is more about his attitude. Perhaps if a lone striker than yes but since we bought Mackey last season he has been totally different player. Should look at how Ryan played last week when he didn't give up on anything.

Geddes for me does not do enough for the team. People say he is the best midfielder in the league but I think some give a better performance. Davies at St Neots for one.

Keepers we seem to get a much of much ness but Deano's kicking in recent games have been poor.

View user profile

55 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:30

TRM wrote:
stoursi wrote:Tricky spot on at least some knows their football and he proved that last week at Truro when a certain striker got sent off for a stupid foul. Where you their Jack

Nathan has been a great servant to our club but this year for me has been struggling. Not having a go at him at all.

Geddes our best midfield well if that's the case why does our midfield get over run in some many games. He ain't the best midfielder in this by a mile. Its about time people on this forum realised this.

Benbow has more sulks then a baby he needs to grow up a lot and make teams suffer for his frustration.

Think I have more to have a view as I have only missed one game and are prepared to go to Bashley on Tuesday night.

Rightly or wrongly, we (ie. Gary and the management) don't seem to expect Sean to do the defensive work, or at least they tolerate him not doing enough of it. That's the way we set up to play. If he wasn't doing what was asked of him on a consistent basis then he'd be out of the team and probably the club. I think personally it's misguided to play that way because it leaves us exposed in central midfield where other teams can then get at our back four too easily.

Don't know whether I'm going to Bashley yet. In a funny way I might be more inclined to after today!

However, I don't finish work until 5, I have a family and other commitments and I only have so much money to do as I please with every month. I've just had to fork out for swimming lessons and netball coaching for the kids and between them they've got three school trips coming up in the spring and summer costing over a grand all told. If I go I won't be home until after 12 and I have to be at work the next morning too. If none of those things were an issue I'd be there without any question. I went to Cambridge, North Ferriby, Biggleswade and Burnham four Tuesdays on the bounce. And yet again I'm (we're) taking lessons on how to be a devoted supporter.

It ain't on, Si. The number of games you see means your well-placed to have an opinion on things. The fact that others don't see as many doesn't make their opnions any less valid. It's called "democracy", as I've said before. Stourbridge FC isn't the most important thing in my life. Not even in the top 5. I go when circumstances allow and if that isn't good enough then tough!

I knew you'd edit your reply Rich....I couldn't believe I was reading you swearing.

View user profile

56 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:31

Tricky joking with you.

Karen wants to know did you laugh.

View user profile

57 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:32

stoursi wrote:TRM okay my wish list is based on current form and attitude.

Nathan for me has struggled all season not saying he has had a bad game all season I am just saying he can't go on. People I know who have watched Nathan longer than me agree.

Benbow is more about his attitude. Perhaps if a lone striker than yes but since we bought Mackey last season he has been totally different player. Should look at how Ryan played last week when he didn't give up on anything.

Geddes for me does not do enough for the team. People say he is the best midfielder in the league but I think some give a better performance. Davies at St Neots for one.

Keepers we seem to get a much of much ness but Deano's kicking in recent games have been poor.

I've said as much about Nathan above.

Benbow's attitude was great today in the first half but he had "lapses" in the second half. It's frustration but he needs to improve. He's young enough to learn if he wants to.

Agree about Geddes not being the best in the League - far from it, but he's the best we have and I firmly believe he can influence games far more if we set up to allow him to do so from a solid base. Agree about Davies - he's a good player. Intersted to see what Hemel's midfield is like when we play them. At the moment, despite a couple of slip-ups in the last week - they are the bench-mark in this Division.

Deano I am happy with unless we find somebody better. They don't grow on trees and we have bigger issues to resolve in my book!

View user profile

58 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:33

Tricky Tree wrote:
TRM wrote:

I knew you'd edit your reply Rich....I couldn't believe I was reading you swearing.

I've given myself a slap on the wrist and sent myself to bed without any supper, having first washed my mouth out with soap, of course!

View user profile

59 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:35

stoursi wrote:Tricky joking with you.

Karen wants to know did you laugh.

I have to confess that I did....I love it when things like that happen.
I can't help but loff.

View user profile

60 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:40

stoursi wrote:TRM okay my wish list is based on current form and attitude.

Your comments are fair; I agree that Nathan seems to be a bit off the pace recently, as highlighted by the number of yellow cards he has picked up for poor/late challenges on pacy forwards, which is most unlike him.

Coleman's kicking is not good and does not inspire confidence, but the guy today wasn't much better and had just as many 'scares' with rushing out of his area, sliced clearances etc. as Coleman does.

However, for both of the above, like TRM I agree that there are 'bigger fish to fry' in terms of improvements, namely in midfield and up front. Generally I think our defence is OK. It hasn't been leaking goals that have been the crux of our patchy form.

Geddes started the season so well; around about the period we got to the first round of the FA Cup, he was dictating so much more of the play but seems to have faded more somewhat recently with a much reduced influence.

View user profile

61 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:47

As usual it's turned into a 'who's the biggest fan' competition. Yawn......

View user profile

62 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:49

I've only been to one match in the past month. Can't be arsed to 'explain/justify' myself etc....I'll not comment on this match in keeping with the forum rules!

View user profile

63 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:52

Aled wrote:I've only been to one match in the past month. Can't be arsed to 'explain/justify' myself etc....I'll not comment on this match in keeping with the forum rules!

You said at today's game you were gunna stir it up Aled.

View user profile

64 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 21:59

Monday night Tricky, Monday night lol. Besides, this will get a few biting already heh heh

View user profile

65 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 22:04

Aled its not about the best supporter its about getting this club promoted into the conference north where I think we can compete with our fan base.

I would love the management and squad of players to reach that level but I dont think they will. If they do I will be the first to congratulate them.

People on this forum seem to always have a go at me about what i say but i don't mean to be little fans who can't make every match. People has different circumstance.

I will stated again all i want for my hone town club is promotion.

View user profile

66 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 22:09

What a pile of s***.

So many questions, I simply dont know where to start. So for the time being I wont.

What I will say is this...

I think with the set of players we have we are underachieving. Tactics on occasions are shocking. Players out of position on a regular basis. Some of our best players are moved out of the club. 'Favourites' played week in week out in front of 'better' players no matter how bad they play. Squad is small. 'None performances' are becoming to regular.

I dont care if I pay 50p or £500 to watch a game of football. But what I do want to see is my team giving it 100%. My team at least trying to entertain on occasions. And most importantly my team to be organised.

To many times in the past few seasons we have been 'bullied' out of a game against a physical side.

I used to moan about us not having a 'Plan B'. Im not at all sure nowadays if we even have a Plan A. The coaching needs to be changed, its so very very stale now, and I believe the players are no longer 'paying in to it'. What worries me is that quality players are becoming ordinary.

I dont like naming individuals so I wont, but our 'better' players are having less influence in games. They're going missing in to many matches.

For the first time ever I couldnt find a MOM, that says it all for me.

S***

RedArmy.

View user profile

67 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 22:13

Fair enough Si. Brocky, the look on your face when you looked up from your phone and saw Rock had come on at left back was priceless mate lol

View user profile

68 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 22:29

He didn't even do a double take,it was almost a treble one.

View user profile

69 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 22:51

Lol. It cheered me up. It was a proper 'candid camera' face!

View user profile

70 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 22:53

I am not going to get involved in slagging team or players off. However I do take great exeption to the 'do you go every week' comments. The insinuation that if you dont go you are not loyal or allowed to view your point is offensive.

For many years I have driven to away games either with jack or by myself. Evening games down to Chesham, Aylesbury, Hitchin on my own as I supported the club. One match I had Leons dad come to me saying he was worried about me getting back on my own - I did it cos I was in a position to be able to do so!

Jack and I went to Truro on both previous times but just can not afford it at the moment.
You know Tricky is not the only one in a difficult situation ( not having a pop at tricky there) others are too. My husband works in essex Sun - Fri every week. It costs us £1300 a month in funding that. We dont therefore have the money anymore to fund many away games. As soon as we can we will be back week in week out like always! How dare people then question loyalty of other fans. Good for you that you can get off work early - if you work - and can afford to go. It does not mean you care about this club more than those who cant!
Bloody furious with fans turning on loyal fans!  Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

71 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 23:00

stoursi wrote:People on this forum seem to always have a go at me about what i say but i don't mean to be little fans who can't make every match. People has different circumstance.

Disagreeing with you and "having a go" are two completely different things.

If you don't mean to belittle people who can't make every game don't write antagonistic, provocative posts.

And finally... Well said, Jane!

View user profile

72 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sun Jan 19 2014, 00:41

stour_boy wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
stour_boy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
stour_boy wrote:Aaron hadn't exactly been playing extremely well though, and had been on the receiving end of some stick from some of the fans at previous matches and after that he was loaned out.

He was playing out of position SB ffs!

What are we doing with the likes of Brown,Benbow,Canavan and Fitz playing wide when Wurzel has proved over a few seasons that he's a terrific wide man AND he works his nut's off for the cause.

Did you think the same at the Burnham match?

Well done stour boy,giving a one game example as your case for argument....class.

You misinterpreted my meaning. I wasn't saying he was rubbish at Burnham (everyone was), I'm just finding it strange that someone who gave Wurzel some stick at Burnham and cheering his substitution, if my memory serves me correctly, is now calling for his return as someone who could be a catalyst to better things.

Stour Boy….you've confirmed my original opinion of you,i can say this in no clearer terms…you are an OAF!

I did NOT cheer Wurzel's removal at Burnham,i know who did as do the other 20 odd who were behind the goal that night but i'm not going to name him as that's not on,i'm sure when he reads this he's a big enough man to remind us all who he is.

In discussion with other fan's that night i pointed out that Wurzel's two attempted "Cruyff turns" on the halfway line when he was under pressure on a crap pitch were not only ill thought but totally self indulgent,indeed,after the second one he was immediately dragged off and that brought the cheer from ONE of our number and I told him i thought he was out of order at that point.

I'm not someone who tries to hide at games and then come on here spouting their gob off in anonymity like you do,people know who i am and i get stick at times of the lads and lasses if i make a comment that's not agreed with and i'll argue my corner and take it on the chin if necessary.

I'm seething at your accusation,you're completely out of order making out to all and sundry that i was the culprit and i'll make sure that i make the point personally to you at a future game unless you withdraw the comment and apologise.

I have never and will never boo off one of my own player's!!

View user profile

73 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sun Jan 19 2014, 04:45

Devil.....you make reference to "taking it on the chin."
Which one would that be exactly?
Surely it should read chins plural not singular?

Amongst your rant I note a tiny spelling error.... Very Happy 

View user profile

74 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sun Jan 19 2014, 08:56

There are also a couple of capital letter abuses. Standards are slipping on this forum. I think it's high time we had a 'sticky' reminding everyone of the importance of grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Incidentally, the word 'abuses ' can very easily become anuses on my phone. That could prove problematic!

View user profile

75 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sun Jan 19 2014, 09:43

Fair enough, I was mistaken. Although I definitely do not hide behind anonymity - pretty sure everyone knows who I am. Don't think I ever 'hide' at matches either!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum