Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bideford Saturday

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 00:10

I never noticed you were passionate mate ; )

I only saw one Hackett out on here from Stour Si posted before the game finished so the emotions were running high. Do you still feel that way Si? Certainly never heard anything in the side stands.

Having witnessed the Colin Gordon era I'm not so quick to anger these days!

View user profile

102 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 00:26

Aled wrote:I never noticed you were passionate mate ; )

I only saw one Hackett out on here from Stour Si posted before the game finished so the emotions were running high. Do you still feel that way Si? Certainly never heard anything in the side stands.

Having witnessed the Colin Gordon era I'm not so quick to anger these days!

I went to school with Colin "Flash" Gordon,i've actually witnessed worse than him in the management chair to be fair………not worse by much though admittedly Aled.

View user profile

103 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 00:38

It was actually surreal at times back then. Gary can get us back on track, he's done it before. But it will take a big shake up. We may have to prepare ourselves for more pain before it gets better.

View user profile

104 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 01:10

Aled wrote:It was actually surreal at times back then. Gary can get us back on track, he's done it before. But it will take a big shake up. We may have to prepare ourselves for more pain before it gets better.

I totally agree Aled.

I've done my bit to help the club this year for the first time,not in the league of what the Bhandal's so generously donate but i've done what i initially felt comfortable with purely based on liking and trusting Andy P and Gary.

Andy is worse than Arsene Wenger,he treats the f----n money like it's his own ffs,just when you want your chairman to be profligate and spend it on a flashy,big name,lazy centre forward with a cocaine habit and an addiction to online gambling Andy does the complete opposite and SAVES it for god's sake….how frustrating!!

I would love to have a serious end of season get together that included Andy and the board along with Gary and John, that fan's who have the ability to help financially like myself and a good few other regular contributor's along with the very important people who give their valuable time to the club,people like Richard with his Tw@tter duties and programme pieces and the other good folk who help out,a meeting that discusses exactly what the vision and the plan is for the next 1-5 years.

It would be good for the cards to be on the table and would allow the hierarchy to outline the plan AND to put the ball back into the supporter's court,in other words,

"Thanks for everything you've given financially or contributed in your valuable personal time………………….now what EXTRA might you be able to offer to help us achieve the club goal's?

It's okay us all banging on about wanting this and that but if for example the club is working on a playing budget of £120k a year but Hemel etc have a playing budget of double or triple that ( i wanted to put Treble but M6 Dave would've hammered me! ) then we are being unrealistic.

I think Truro were spending £9000 a week the year they got promoted………anybody willing to add £6500 to our weekly coffers?………mmm,i thought not.

I've often told Andy that i think an open meeting like this would be valuable but that's for him and the board to decide.

View user profile

105 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 09:54

To Aled point do I feel the same after what I said on Saturday about Gary leaving.

Borne out of frustration of seeing another awful display against what I thought was a poor Bideford team who until the penalty didn't create a lot. In my opinion this season we have seen more poor performances than any season since we returned to this league.

We had finished 6th and 2nd last two seasons and they were great to watch and that is down to the management, players and all the staff connected to Stourbridge FC. However people say this is a stronger squad than the previous cup run. I just don't see that at all as the two or three that have left have not been replaced with the same quality. Now that could be because of a number of reasons or we were just lucky to have those players at that point in time.

I agree with what DA has said but I don't think it just applies to this season it has applied to perhaps the last two seasons. Are we punching above our weight and the club can go know further I don't know but I really I hope not but something has just change.

When we have a bad game it seems the whole team has a bad game not just a couple of the players and the rest carry them through. Understand midweek games are hard after a days work but as fans we do make some effort to get there as well.

I just found the subs who came on Saturday and for who were a bit strange and certainly the last one with Rocky in defence.

People have talked about players playing in wrong positions and Agbor certainly is a prime example if the fans can see he is not left footed then why can't the management.

For me the management don't encourage the players enough but have loads of time to have a go at the officials. They are not going to change their minds but they could change the way we play or the attitude of some of the players but from where I am they don't.

Its up to the management to look at what we have. If the team needs rebuilding then do it but make fans aware of what you are doing. DA said youth players but for me the gap is too big unless the player is perhaps exceptionally at youth level.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing I think a winning side that takes us to a new level in the football pyramid.

View user profile

106 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 10:51

stoursi wrote:To Aled point do I feel the same after what I said on Saturday about Gary leaving.

Borne out of frustration of seeing another awful display against what I thought was a poor Bideford team who until the penalty didn't create a lot. In my opinion this season we have seen more poor performances than any season since we returned to this league.

We had finished 6th and 2nd last two seasons and they were great to watch and that is down to the management, players and all the staff connected to Stourbridge FC. However people say this is a stronger squad than the previous cup run. I just don't see that at all as the two or three that have left have not been replaced with the same quality. Now that could be because of a number of reasons or we were just lucky to have those players at that point in time.

I agree with what DA has said but I don't think it just applies to this season it has applied to perhaps the last two seasons. Are we punching above our weight and the club can go know further I don't know but I really I hope not but something has just change.

When we have a bad game it seems the whole team has a bad game not just a couple of the players and the rest carry them through. Understand midweek games are hard after a days work but as fans we do make some effort to get there as well.

I just found the subs who came on Saturday and for who were a bit strange and certainly the last one with Rocky in defence.

People have talked about players playing in wrong positions and Agbor certainly is a prime example if the fans can see he is not left footed then why can't the management.

For me the management don't encourage the players enough but have loads of time to have a go at the officials. They are not going to change their minds but they could change the way we play or the attitude of some of the players but from where I am they don't.

Its up to the management to look at what we have. If the team needs rebuilding then do it but make fans aware of what you are doing. DA said youth players but for me the gap is too big unless the player is perhaps exceptionally at youth level.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing I think a winning side that takes us to a new level in the football pyramid.

Good post Stoursi and well thought out.

When i mentioned the youth team i did actually have the same reservation's as yourself because of the leap up it would be,however,i just cannot see the point of the youth team if these kids are not going to be given a chance at any point.

One of the lads was good enough to get signed by Brentford this season yet he never got a sniff of the Stour first team.

I've mentioned to Andy about a reserve team,one that could play in the Midland Combination etc so that the gap can be bridged and youngsters brought through more regularly but there seems to be no appetite for it even though I and I suspect a decent other number of people would follow that side at home especially.

View user profile

107 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 14:32

I agree with the sentiments that both DA & TRM have so eloquently written far better that I could, so I won't bother repeating what they have already said, other than I completely back both Gary to put the situation right and get us promoted and Andy and the board to run the club.

DA makes the suggestion of a public meeting with Andy et all, I agree, but wonder whether a supporters rep on the board putting forward the fans suggestions and offers of help on a regular basis would also help. They could also report back to fans about the meetings and correct any misinformation that might be circulating. Obviously they would need to represent all supporters and good communication between them and the fans would be vital.

Like everyone else, all I am interested in is that the club succeeds , there are a lot of excellent people running , helping & supporting the club and I am positive that if we all pull together (and having a healthy open debate is part of that) we can achieve that success.

View user profile

108 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 19:38

MotM was Leon with 8 votes, Unable to vote received 7 votes, Luke & Alastair 3 votes, Ben & Kayleden 2 and Netan 1.

Andy Bullingham won the wine.

View user profile

109 Re: Bideford Saturday on Mon Jan 20 2014, 19:44

For what it's worth I thought Worby had a good game up until the penalty incident. After that he looked very shaky but that was partly down to us being all at sea in defence.

View user profile

110 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 25 2014, 15:44

I'd just like to apologise to DA for the false allegations I made on this thread. I know he always gets behind the team and I'm keen to stress that he's the first to get behind the lads and it was wrong of me to accuse him of otherwise.

Now let's get on with debating the issues around SFC.

Red army!

View user profile

111 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:13

stour_boy wrote:I'd just like to apologise to DA for the false allegations I made on this thread. I know he always gets behind the team and I'm keen to stress that he's the first to get behind the lads and it was wrong of me to accuse him of otherwise.

Now let's get on with debating the issues around SFC.

Red army!

Much appreciated SB.

I may be a moaner and chief pretender to Alan Oakley's crown but i NEVER boo my own player's on an individual basis,never have and never will.

Cheers again SB.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum