Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bideford Saturday

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Bideford Saturday on Thu Jan 16 2014, 10:29

Lets change the subject away from the training topic as it seems to be getting into a slanging match between certain parties.

Surely all we want is a team to be successful and be proud of.

Should be a tight game but hopefully we can win the game to push us back us the table.

How do we see the team lining up.

Hopefully we will abandon the 3 5 2 formation as personally I don't think we can play 3 at the back.

Good luck to the players and management.

View user profile

2 Re: Bideford Saturday on Thu Jan 16 2014, 12:20

Drew has been undertaking light training this week but I would say unlikely to feature again on Saturday. Therefore, I expect a similar line-up to last week. Has Rowe gone right away then? Apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere.

I do feel sorry for Francis being left on the side line somewhat recently. However, he is a more than able deputy for both Sansara and Haynes so can fill in when required. Let's not get into another Lloyd/Griffiths style debate!

Looking forward to this game, so will doubtless be postponed...

View user profile

3 Re: Bideford Saturday on Thu Jan 16 2014, 12:54

Nah, lets not debate anything on an open football forum.  Rolling Eyes 

View user profile

4 Re: Bideford Saturday on Thu Jan 16 2014, 19:34

I expect it to be a tight game. Bideford have been on a poorish run lately compared with their results before we ended their unbeaten start in November. But they have beaten Hemel and drawn with Poole, both at home, in their last two matches, and kept clean sheets in both of those games as well. Only the second team to stop Hemel scoring in the League all season - Hitchin were the first back on the opening day.

With Ryan gone, I would be very tempted to play 4-5-1. Nathan is apparently a doubt with a virus which may mean the back four picks itself. Then I'd have Leon, Sean and probably Fitz in the middle, Ben and either Drew (if he's fit), Rocky or Brown wide and Luke up front. I'd tell Ben and whoever plays on the other side to push on at every opportunity. I think it's the best way of trying to achieve a bit more defensive solidity without taking too much away from our capacity to score goals.

Definitely agree with StourSi that the 3-5-2 needs to be ditched. Worth trying but it didn't work. If Nathan is out then that will make the decision in any case.

Weather forecast is ok for tomorrow but grotty for Saturday.

View user profile

5 Re: Bideford Saturday on Thu Jan 16 2014, 20:03

We might not be the only ones missing a centre-back. I gather that Bideford's CB Ben Gerring has signed for Hayes & Yeading in time for the weekend - he was supposed to have signed a couple of weeks back but it has been delayed for some reason. Gerring was the player who scored our goal at Bideford.

View user profile

6 Re: Bideford Saturday on Fri Jan 17 2014, 13:38

Any clues to who will be in goal for us tomorrow.

View user profile

7 Re: Bideford Saturday on Fri Jan 17 2014, 15:22

We have a keeper lined up. Been told I can't say any more than that for now.

I can confirm it's not Fordy, Cliffy or Slates!

View user profile

8 Re: Bideford Saturday on Fri Jan 17 2014, 16:09

TRM wrote:We have a keeper lined up. Been told I can't say any more than that for now.

It's Brackley's reserve keeper Alistair Worby who was man of the match in their FA Cup ties v Gillingham.

View user profile

9 Re: Bideford Saturday on Fri Jan 17 2014, 18:06

TRM wrote:We have a keeper lined up. Been told I can't say any more than that for now.

Andy Dubont.

View user profile

10 Re: Bideford Saturday on Fri Jan 17 2014, 21:03

dave w wrote:

Andy Dubont.

Or even De Bont.

Tut,tut Dave.

View user profile

11 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 01:01

....and I shall finally be attending. Huzzahhhhh!

View user profile

12 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 10:33

I'm expecting a close game and as far as the score is concerned i'm going for a "Desmond"……two-two!

View user profile

13 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 10:58

Desmond's was on the tv over xmas! Used to love that! Eemm prediction a winning draw!

View user profile

14 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 15:58

0-0 HT

View user profile

15 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 16:00

Team is:
Worby
Haynes Richards Oliver Sansara
Billingham Geddes Fitzpatrick
Brown
Benbow

View user profile

16 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 16:12

Richards off for alleged handball, 1-0 with the penalty

View user profile

17 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 16:37

Referee off after appearing to injure himself

View user profile

18 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 16:37

Substitute linesman found

View user profile

19 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 16:37

0-2

View user profile

20 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 16:46

0-3

View user profile

21 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 16:49

Shambles season over.

Gary do the right thing and go now.

View user profile

22 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:04

0-3 FT

View user profile

23 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:24

Unlucky lads, heads up for Tuesday.

Shame a couple of morons wearing Stour scarves turned up second half, giving their bench abuse for no reason. Then, surprise surprise they trot off home as soon as they were asked to tone it down. We really don't need these sort of people at the club.

Still, the excellent crowd was a positive from today.

View user profile

24 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:46

Utter,utter,utter shambles.

I'm gobsmacked,in 42 years of attending Stour and West Brom i've seen some rubbish but today equaled it,it was complete garbage from the first minute until i departed during injury time.

Where exactly are we going as a side?

What is our formation?

Why does Benbow get shoved out on the wing when he's the main goal threat?

Why is Brown out wide for much of the time?

Why can't we win second ball in midfield?

Why are midfielders and forwards walking back or standing still when they lose the ball?

Why are we "hoofing" it in dreadfully windy conditions?

We are a shapeless mess,we are devoid of a target man to whom the ball will stick,we do not have a dominating midfield presence to impose himself on the opposition yet we've cried out for this type of player for yonks.

After 10 minutes today i said to Brockmoor and Tricky that we'd lose,Bideford were everything that we are not.

Physically strong,tenacious,hard grafting with what seemed a strong TEAM ethic and organised to within an inch of their lives,regardless of Will's sending off they were worthy winners.

We are too weak,how many times does this need to be said before steps are taken to address.

We are a "pretty" side,on a good day against equally lightweight teams like Frome and Weymouth we look world beaters but once we come up against physically strong,well organised teams we just crumble.

I'm also aghast that Wurzel is banished to the hills even though our form is so poor,i think it's disrespectful to a talented player who has sparkled on the pitch for Stour over a good few seasons,NOBODY in our team at present is worth a place ahead of him and the sooner he's called back and put in his correct position the better.

I feel we're now at a tipping point,the time has come to be ruthless with the squad,especially the "sacred cows", and we need to "beef up" the squad but not only in numbers but in physical presence as well.

Considering nearly 600 turned up today in pretty poor weather it was a really hideous display to serve up to not only the regular's but also to any new fan's that braved the day.

It's time for some squad changes Gary.

View user profile

25 Re: Bideford Saturday on Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:55

DA, I don't always agree with you, but EVERY WORD of that post is bang on the nail.

Tricky threatened me with untold nastiness if I tried to find a positive out of that - but here are two...

1. The management surely have to do something after that.

2. The pitch looked immaculate all things considered.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum