Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Tuesday night results

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tuesday night results on Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:43

Bideford 0-0 Poole
Bashley 1-3 Corby
Chippenham 0-1 Arlesey
Burnham 1-0 Hitchin
Hemel P-P Biggleswade

Oh, and Hyde have won 2-0 at Welling, which will mean something to you if you keep an eye on other Leagues!

View user profile

2 Re: Tuesday night results on Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:56

Jack

avatar
Admin
Delighted for Hyde! Oh and Kiddy also won with Lolley getting the winner in his last ever game for them. Money spinning tie at Sunderland and 250K + 67K for winning. Not a bad leaving present!

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

3 Re: Tuesday night results on Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:34

Jack wrote:Delighted for Hyde! Oh and Kiddy also won with Lolley getting the winner in his last ever game for them. Money spinning tie at Sunderland and 250K + 67K for winning. Not a bad leaving present!

And to think that we sat on the fence and dallied over Lolley last season…….what a bummer.

Sometimes you have to take a chance on youth,something we completely fail to do.

View user profile

4 Re: Tuesday night results on Wed Jan 15 2014, 08:57

With a 6 point gap now between 7th and 8th, that means two of the top 7 won't make the playoffs. If say Bideford is one, as they haven't been in as good a form as of late (albeit they did beat Hemel), who is the other? St Albans could be the team to gauge our progress against, as the top three look almost dead certs now to make the playoffs at least!

View user profile

5 Re: Tuesday night results on Wed Jan 15 2014, 12:26

There's a long way to go yet and much will happen between now & the end of the season.

There is no reason why we cant catch Chesham & possibly Cambridge. On the other side of the coin we could easily finish seventh or eight.

Consistency is what we need.

With 12pts from our last 8 league games (since start of December) we need to be doing much better.

View user profile

6 Re: Tuesday night results on Wed Jan 15 2014, 13:05

brockmoor wrote:Consistency is what we need.

With 12pts from our last 8 league games (since start of December) we need to be doing much better.

You could look at it another way in that it's 12 points from our last six games - that's two per game and more than enough if we keep that up to secure a play-off spot.

And this is whilst we haven't been playing all that convincingly, certainly in the last two games (which I was at), and apparantly in the two before that (which I didn't - although it sounds like we played well enough against Hitchin, but just couldn't kill them off).

My concern is that we could go one of two ways from here - form could pick up or it could slide away. I hate to be negative but if you forced me to put money on it, from what I've seen in the last month or so I fear the latter.

View user profile

7 Re: Tuesday night results on Wed Jan 15 2014, 13:18

TRM wrote:
brockmoor wrote:Consistency is what we need.

With 12pts from our last 8 league games (since start of December) we need to be doing much better.

You could look at it another way in that it's 12 points from our last six games - that's two per game and more than enough if we keep that up to secure a play-off spot.

And this is whilst we haven't been playing all that convincingly, certainly in the last two games (which I was at), and apparantly in the two before that (which I didn't - although it sounds like we played well enough against Hitchin, but just couldn't kill them off).

My concern is that we could go one of two ways from here - form could pick up or it could slide away. I hate to be negative but if you forced me to put money on it, from what I've seen in the last month or so I fear the latter.

Another way to look at it is...

In 2012/13 we gained 1.97pts per game.

In 2013/14 to date we have gained 1.79pts per game. If this trend is to continue we will finish on 79pts at the end of the season which should see us in the play-offs.

Gosport finished 5th last season on 70pts, Hemel 4th with 72pts.

However there are two more games this season.

 Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum