Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hitchin Town at home.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Hitchin Town at home. on Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:24

Not sure if i'll be at this one seeing as Albion are at home on Saturday in what promises to be a flowing and exciting FA Cup tie against the "Stevenage" of the Premier League Crystal Palace.

Hitchin have won their last two v Biggleswade and Weymouth so i envisage a close encounter.

View user profile

2 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Thu Jan 02 2014, 15:16

Devil's Advocate wrote:Not sure if i'll be at this one seeing as Albion are at home on Saturday in what promises to be a flowing and exciting FA Cup tie against the "Stevenage" of the Premier League Crystal Palace.

Hitchin have won their last two v Biggleswade and Weymouth so i envisage a close encounter.

Your 'not sure'.

Let me tell you that you wont be there. Wink

But to prove me wrong you'll probably turn up now as its a cup game!  Rolling Eyes 

View user profile

3 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Thu Jan 02 2014, 18:39

Devil's Advocate wrote:Not sure if i'll be at this one seeing as Albion are at home on Saturday in what promises to be a flowing and exciting FA Cup tie against the "Stevenage" of the Premier League Crystal Palace.

Making it up now, DA!

Hitchin's last three games were...

Cambridge City (a) - lost 2-3
Bideford (a) - lost 1-3
Arlesey Town (a) - drew 0-0

View user profile

4 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Thu Jan 02 2014, 18:50

Jack

Admin
Razz Razz Laughing Laughing 

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

5 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:09

TRM wrote:

Making it up now, DA!

Hitchin's last three games were...

Cambridge City (a) - lost 2-3
Bideford (a) - lost 1-3
Arlesey Town (a) - drew 0-0

Apologies TRM……….i was having a "Mr.Bean" moment of my own!

View user profile

6 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Fri Jan 03 2014, 08:18

Missing this one tomorrow unfortunately.

I think it'll be a hard game - only one point from their last three, but all have been tough away games and two were against genuine play-off contenders. Before that they'd won six on the spin in the League, including very good wins at Hungerford and Corby.

Might be a bit of a battle on a "soft" pitch.

Updates on twitter for those who can't get there - @sfcofficial. Thanks to Al for stepping in in my absence.

View user profile

7 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Fri Jan 03 2014, 14:00

Any news regarding any pitch inspection for Saturday's match?

View user profile

8 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Fri Jan 03 2014, 15:03

No plans for an inspection at the moment, I'm told. Forecast is for rain over the next 12 hours or so, but heavy showers rather than incessant rain like we had on Wednesday, and it's due to stop around 10 in the morning which is plenty of time for the pitch to drain. Keeping an eye on things in case we get more than expected.

I don't personally reckon there will be a problem if the forecast is right

View user profile

9 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Fri Jan 03 2014, 15:32

No Leon tomorrow. With the Banbury match being called off, his one-match ban is carried over.

View user profile

10 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Fri Jan 03 2014, 20:10

Message from Clive, via Twitter (see, it does have its uses...) - Just checked pitch. No issues. Barring biblical monsson, plague of locusts, etc, game on tomorrow.

View user profile

11 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Fri Jan 03 2014, 20:11

Sorry, one more thing.

If Rocky plays any part tomorrow it will be his 350th appearance for Stour.

View user profile

12 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 09:55

Game ON!!!

View user profile

13 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 11:33

I'll start the ball rolling by predicting 3-1 to stour Att: more than 1 Wink 

14 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 12:22

Only three games on today...

Bideford v Hungerford Town
St Albans City v Frome Town
Stourbridge v Hitchin Town

Chance to make up some lost ground. Let's not waste it...

In the Central Division only Rugby Town v Aylesbury Utd has survived, and in the South & West just Merthyr Town v North Leigh.

View user profile

15 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 12:56

I'm lying on my sick bed unfortunately. Come on Stour!!!

View user profile

16 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 13:02

Rugby v Aylesbury Utd now off to.

Hope its an entertaining game, just packed Christmas away, back to stresses at work Monday and could do with cheering up!  Rolling Eyes 

View user profile

17 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 15:40

1-0 Benbow

View user profile

18 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 17:10

Finished 1-1. Another late equalizer and Coleman sent off. I'll leave it to those that attended to put the meat on the bones.

View user profile

19 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 17:35

A travesty of a result but only ourselves to blame.

So many wasted chances,Rowe again guilty of blazing over in front of an open goal after great work by Benbow,Brown missing from two yards with an open goal gaping in injury time,too many touches inside the box instead of getting shots away etc,etc,etc.

Coleman was left horribly exposed which resulted in his sending off but for my money he did right and "took one for the team" in that he made sure he got their bloke outside the box rather than give a penalty but the resultant free kick wasn't exactly a screamer and it was disappointing to see it creep in.

Another nail in the play off coffin i think,i'm feeling very low after today's game.

I will just add that Sansara brought something to the party and looks a useful acquisition and provided a great cross for Luke's goal and other very decent deliveries.

View user profile

20 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 17:59

Can only echo what DA says, a bitter pill to swallow and we can only blame ourselves.

View user profile

21 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 18:07

With the number of chances we had we should have been well ahead by half time let alone the end. No complaints about the sending off and the resulting free kick was so well taken I doubt that a proper keeper would have stopped it let alone a stand-in.

View user profile

22 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 18:51

Should have put the game to bed long before the end, but paid the penalty. I doubt Coleman would have saved the free kick. Benbow was lucky to receive just a yellow right at the end.

Vital to get back to winning ways on Tuesday following two successive 1-1 draws.

Sansara was great today and was my vote for man of the match.

Hope Haynes' injury isn't too serious, although Andre is a more than adequate deputy.

View user profile

23 Hitchin Town at home on Sat Jan 04 2014, 19:03

Disappointing performance with too many players failing to deliver, particularly in midfield where Hitchin nearly always seemed to pick up loose balls.

Leon was sorely missed in an area where we carried too many passengers. I like Brown but, at times, his work rate leaves a lot to be desired. Fitzpatrick just doesn't do it for me and, with Ben having an off-day, we were overrun.

No complaints with the sending-off which resulted in an equaliser that, let's be honest, was always on the cards.

Dean's 3 match suspension exposes a weakness in our back-up. What about a temporary return for Lewis Solly ?

On the plus side, Sansara had a very impressive debut and Luke worked his socks off - a pity others didn't !!!

View user profile

24 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 19:04

I think it will only be a 1 match ban for Coleman as it wasn't violent conduct.

View user profile

25 Re: Hitchin Town at home. on Sat Jan 04 2014, 19:09

stour_boy wrote:I think it will only be a 1 match ban for Coleman as it wasn't violent conduct.

Correct.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum