Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Merry Xmas.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 00:52

Seasons greetings to everyone i've come to know so well down at Amblecote in the last few months.

After 40 years of following Stour it's nice to now know so many of you on a personal level and it certainly add's to the enjoyment of match days and traveling to away games.

The banter is extremely good,very cutting at times of course both in the giving and the receiving and a special mention to Brockmoor,Jack,Tricky and Jim who take the brunt of my harshest humour.

Some great characters at our club to be honest,Brian Handy,Baz,Eric etc and always a pleasure to be in their company.

Tough times for Tricky at the moment so i wish you and your boy's well Ethan.

A special mention for Nathan Gulliver as well,as far as i'm concerned the sooner we see his face back at Amblecote the better.

Well done the management and the players on another "roller coaster" cup campaign and best wishes to everyone for a prosperous and hopefully promotion season in 2014.

View user profile

2 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 01:50

Merry Christmas chap!

View user profile

3 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 15:07

You genuinely nearly moved me to tears then you bloody toss pot.
I shouldn't have read it whilst walking home after dropping my boys off.

Merry Christmas all.....won't see you tomorrow because of no trains so any updates gratefully received.

View user profile

4 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 15:32

Merry Christmas to all.

See you all tomorrow, weather permitting!

View user profile

5 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 20:44

Merry Christmas everyone.

Would like to echo what Devil has said. After following Stour for over 30 years, the last 12 months have been great in the fact I have got to know a number of 'regular faces'. It does make the match day experience much more fun.

Sorry to hear that you cant make it tomorrow Tricky. I only wish I could help you out with a lift, but with my mrs is not finishing work until sometime between 2-2.30pm I wouldnt have time to collect you.   No  I look forward to seeing you very soon.

Merry Christmas.

RED ARMY.

View user profile

6 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 20:59

brockmoor wrote:Merry Christmas everyone.

Would like to echo what Devil has said. After following Stour for over 30 years, the last 12 months have been great in the fact I have got to know a number of 'regular faces'. It does make the match day experience much more fun.

Sorry to hear that you cant make it tomorrow Tricky. I only wish I could help you out with a lift, but with my mrs is not finishing work until sometime between 2-2.30pm I wouldnt have time to collect you.   No  I look forward to seeing you very soon.

Merry Christmas.

RED ARMY.

Very kind thought there Brockmoor.

View user profile

7 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 21:51

Tricky Tree wrote:

Merry Christmas.

RED ARMY.

Same here Ethan,i'm out for lunch and may only get to the second half anyway otherwise i'd have dropped over to your 'Leafy suburb" to pick you up.

If anyone can get you to the match i'm more than happy to give you a lift back mate.

View user profile

8 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 22:02

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Merry Christmas.

RED ARMY.

Tis the season to be jolly.
Very kind of you aswell Mick.

Same here Ethan,i'm out for lunch and may only get to the second half anyway otherwise i'd have dropped over to your 'Leafy suburb" to pick you up.

If anyone can get you to the match i'm more than happy to give you a lift back mate.

View user profile

9 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 22:55

Tricky, I can give you a lift to the match but I just can't really do a lift back, as we are straight off to relatives for tea. If devil can give you a lift back, then you're a welcome to a lift to the match.

View user profile

10 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 23:08

stour_boy wrote:Tricky, I can give you a lift to the match but I just can't really do a lift back, as we are straight off to relatives for tea. If devil can give you a lift back, then you're a welcome to a lift to the match.

Very kind stourboy but I live in Worcester.

View user profile

11 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 23:21

Damn, I didn't realise that, I can't really get to Worcs pre-match - football is barely squeezed in to family stuff on Boxing Day! Sorry Tricky, didn't mean to get your hopes up. I can definitely help out if needed in future, especially for Southern away matches!

View user profile

12 Re: Merry Xmas. on Wed Dec 25 2013, 23:45

stour_boy wrote:Damn, I didn't realise that, I can't really get to Worcs pre-match - football is barely squeezed in to family stuff on Boxing Day! Sorry Tricky, didn't mean to get your hopes up. I can definitely help out if needed in future, especially for Southern away matches!

Thank you anyway.
Appreciate the thought.

View user profile

13 Re: Merry Xmas. on Thu Dec 26 2013, 10:09

Bah Humbug!

Nah, only joking! Hope everybody had a good 'un. See you all up Amblecote later on.

View user profile

14 Re: Merry Xmas. on Thu Dec 26 2013, 11:04

A large part of why I enjoy supporting Stour is the banter & camaraderie between the fans.Happy Christmas one & all.

View user profile

15 Re: Merry Xmas. on Thu Dec 26 2013, 11:22

Bingo!!!
Thank you TRM....

Also thanks to Jane for offer even though her car is playing up.

View user profile

16 Re: Merry Xmas. on Sun Dec 29 2013, 11:44

As I've missed xmas, I'll just say happy new year to everyone instead  cheers drunken jocolor 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum