Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hemel Away

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Hemel Away on Wed Dec 18 2013, 12:09

I have a sneaky feeling we will come back with the three points as we always seem to do better against the top sides.

Don't forget to have plenty of notes in your pockets to wave at Ben Mackey!

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

2 Re: Hemel Away on Wed Dec 18 2013, 12:13

UlsterJim wrote:I have a sneaky feeling we will come back with the three points as we always seem to do better against the top sides.

Don't forget to have plenty of notes in your pockets to wave at Ben Mackey!

Pity i won't be there to see B£n Mack£y in his H£m£l shirt.

Gr££dy bugg£r.

View user profile

3 Re: Hemel Away on Wed Dec 18 2013, 12:30

i cant believe you wont be at hemel DA, I will miss your match report.  Wink Wink 

View user profile

4 Re: Hemel Away on Wed Dec 18 2013, 12:49

Jack

Admin
Attack em from the start. No other way to go about it really.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

5 Re: Hemel Away on Wed Dec 18 2013, 13:39

rasam wrote:i cant believe you wont be at hemel DA, I will miss your match report.  Wink Wink 

Very Happy 

6 Re: Hemel Away on Wed Dec 18 2013, 13:49

rasam wrote:i cant believe you wont be at hemel DA, I will miss your match report.  Wink Wink 

It's good of you to grace us with your presence at the occasional game rasam.

If you can once again furnish me with detail's of your travel itinerary for the festive period i'll make sure that a telegram is sent to keep you updated.

Are you using your bus pass to get around?

View user profile

7 Re: Hemel Away on Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:39

Was noted on a forum their pitch cut up bad last night,also rain on the way!

View user profile

8 Re: Hemel Away on Thu Dec 19 2013, 11:14

Very much hope to be able to get there but it's depending on other "run up to Christmas" type stuff needing to be done!

Goes without saying it will be one of our toughest tests so far i the League. However, I don't think we have anything to be frightened of. One thing we can be fairly sure of is that Hemel will not sit back, pack the defence and have their midfield sitting deep to cover the back four. If we can see enough of the ball we will have space to exploit, and if we can give the forwards enough service then chances will come.

All we have to do is keep the most potent attack in the League at bay at the other end!

Hoefully it will be on but I know the Hemel lot on the SL forum have their doubts if the expected rain materialises.

View user profile

9 Re: Hemel Away on Thu Dec 19 2013, 11:46

TRM wrote:Very much hope to be able to get there but it's depending on other "run up to Christmas" type stuff needing to be done!

Goes without saying it will be one of our toughest tests so far i the League. However, I don't think we have anything to be frightened of. One thing we can be fairly sure of is that Hemel will not sit back, pack the defence and have their midfield sitting deep to cover the back four. If we can see enough of the ball we will have space to exploit, and if we can give the forwards enough service then chances will come.

All we have to do is keep the most potent attack in the League at bay at the other end!

Hoefully it will be on but I know the Hemel lot on the SL forum have their doubts if the expected rain materialises.

Oh goody…….another Tuesday night long distance away trip on a dark,miserable February night.

My cup runneth over :-(

View user profile

10 Re: Hemel Away on Fri Dec 20 2013, 14:19

Pitch inspection at 10am in the morning.

11 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 09:17

Jack

Admin
Hemel have always came across as quite quick to call off, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't have a game today.

12 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:14

Jack wrote:Hemel have always came across as quite quick to call off, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't have a game today.

Hemel have never called a game off.

Only the match referee, or a local SL referee called in to make an early inspection like today's, can do that.

View user profile

13 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:15

MATCH OFF!!!

As per Hemel website.

View user profile

14 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:18

Jack

Admin
Oh come on TRM, everyone knows that teams put pressure on officials. Sure it'll have nothing to do with a team having to go down to them on a Tuesday night. No, not at all. All the officials.

15 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:20

so everyone up the Lye this afternoon then?

View user profile

16 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:27

Some may fancy Halesowen!!

View user profile

17 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:30

Jack

Admin
Or neither!

18 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:31

It's a nice conspiracy theory, Jack, but I don't buy it. Not at Hemel, or any club.

Btw, unless I've got my figures wrong, Leon is on 497 appearances. His 500th (assuming selected for the next 3 games) would have been at St Neots. I think he's suspended for the Banbury game, so it should now be at home to Hitchin on 4th January or Bedford on 7th January, depending on any more p-p's in the meantime.

Bearing in mind his 400th was away at Oxford, and Nathan's 400th was at Biggleswade, it would be good (not least for Leon himself) to have one of these landmarks at Amblecote for a change.

View user profile

19 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:32

No footy for me. I am to be presented with a list of jobs that need doing.  Rolling Eyes 

View user profile

20 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:05

Jack wrote:Or neither!

Lye play some good football and deserve any extra support they can get.

I've started watching Lye whenever i can if Stour or Albion are not playing over the last two seasons and i'm yet to see them lose at home and only seen one loss away.

Considering they've won 22 drawn 4 and lost non and sit top of their league with a few ex Stour player's in their rank's then i think it's £5 well spent or £3 for concessions to attend their games.

View user profile

21 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:13

TRM wrote:No footy for me. I am to be presented with a list of jobs that need doing.  Rolling Eyes 

Should have left the house before the postponement was announced. Schoolboy error that one!  Wink 

View user profile

22 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:24

Who are Lye playing?

If all my duties are attended to in good time (  Wink  ) I might be tempted!

EDIT - Just checked their website. Home to Shawbury - 1st v 2nd!

View user profile

23 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:26

barnstoneworth wrote:so everyone up the Lye this afternoon then?

No thanks. West Brom v Hull's been knocked down to £15 so I'll be heading over there.

View user profile

24 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 18:25

Lye won 3 1, both sides finished with 10 men, some strange refereeing, all in all a good 90 mins entertainment.

View user profile

25 Re: Hemel Away on Sat Dec 21 2013, 18:47

Brian, I think it was called refereeing by committee. I've never seen a ref consult his linesmen so much as the chap at Lye today. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and the best side won!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum