Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves - BSC

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 09:07

Crucial game, this. We need to keep one Cup run going into the New Year.

Hopefully, everybody will have got Saturday out of their systems and have their minds focused on this game now. You never quite know what to expect from the League clubs in this competition but cliche would suggest they'll have plenty of ability but be lacking in the "streetwise" department! Our record is pretty good against Wolves in recent years. Let's hope we can keep it going.

Oh, and we should put out our strongest line-up without question.

COYG!!!

View user profile

2 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:12

TRM wrote:Crucial game, this. We need to keep one Cup run going into the New Year.

Hopefully, everybody will have got Saturday out of their systems and have their minds focused on this game now. You never quite know what to expect from the League clubs in this competition but cliche would suggest they'll have plenty of ability but be lacking in the "streetwise" department! Our record is pretty good against Wolves in recent years. Let's hope we can keep it going.

Oh, and we should put out our strongest line-up without question.

COYG!!!

Quite the contrary,i couldn't care less about this competition or the Worcestershire Senior Cup,any cup with 5 entrant's isn't worth competing for.

These games against Wolves or Albion's youth team's are a non event in my opinion and only marginally more important if we duck out of the FA Cup and FA Trophy early.

I will be there supporting but i hope we play ALL the fringe players and a couple of youth teamers and leave our most important player's out so they are rested for Saturday.

View user profile

3 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:21

Win, lose or draw, me and tricky are on the pitch, Boom!

View user profile

4 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:27

Think we should play the players who need game time.

We have three big league games before Christmas and need the strongest squad possible therefore lets rest as many as we can.

View user profile

5 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:31

"Sir Gary" has rung this morning.

I'm replacing Canavan…………….keep it under your hat.

View user profile

6 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:34

That will never happen lol!

View user profile

7 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 11:46

stoursi wrote:Think we should play the players who need game time.

We have three big league games before Christmas and need the strongest squad possible therefore lets rest as many as we can.

Always thought you were in favour of playing our strongest team in every game, Si?

I think you can see it either way, and neither point of view is "wrong." Generally the County Cups aren't looked on as anywhere near as prestigious as they used to be. The League is everything and that doesn't just go for us.

For me it would be good to maintain an interest in a Cup that does have some substance to it, to give us something else to play for. The WSC doesn't really stand up in that regard, although if we are going to enter it then we might as well try to win it when it only takes two games to do so.

View user profile

8 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:13

TRM

Yes I would like us to play our strongest team in all matches but just looking at how many some have played over the last two months I think it would be reasonable of Gary to look at playing the fringe players.

Certainly some who played on Saturday could play again as they haven't played much.

For me I would rest Nathan, Jamie, Leon, Sean, Ben, Ryan and Luke in the first instance. Sure they wont like me saying that as I would think they would all want to play.

For me the position we are in the league now is that we need to give it everything we have got and I think it will take a really good run for us to get in the play offs. Certainly at this moment in time thee seems one or two teams more involved than last time but there again I could be wrong.

Also I think as a club we need to get promotion so that the roller coaster ride continues.

TRM you said in another thread I say we shouldn't be happy staying at this level which is right.

Personally I think the directors, management and the players deserve a chance at a higher level.

We need to spend some money on improving the squad and now if possible.

Certainly believe if DA plays on Tuesday that doesn't improve our squad unless we are trying to increase the average age of the squad.  Laughing

View user profile

9 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:23

stoursi wrote:TRM

Yes I would like us to play our strongest team in all matches but just looking at how many some have played over the last two months I think it would be reasonable of Gary to look at playing the fringe players.

Certainly some who played on Saturday could play again as they haven't played much.

For me I would rest Nathan, Jamie, Leon, Sean, Ben, Ryan and Luke in the first instance. Sure they wont like me saying that as I would think they would all want to play.

For me the position we are in the league now is that we need to give it everything we have got and I think it will take a really good run for us to get in the play offs. Certainly at this moment in time thee seems one or two teams more involved than last time but there again I could be wrong.

Also I think as a club we need to get promotion so that the roller coaster ride continues.

TRM you said in another thread I say we shouldn't be happy staying at this level which is right.

Personally I think the directors, management and the players deserve a chance at a higher level.

We need to spend some money on improving the squad and now if possible.

Certainly believe if DA plays on Tuesday that doesn't improve our squad unless we are trying to increase the average age of the squad.  Laughing

If i do play it certainly will improve the work rate,effort,commitment and the getting back behind the ball once it's been lost in ordinary league games and not just the big matches.

I'm looking forward to a fan's match at some stage,one or two of the cheeky young whippersnapper's on here will need to watch their back's on that day!

View user profile

10 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:02

You gotta catch us first veteran boom!

View user profile

11 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:07

Jack

Admin
Oh btw, who's idea was it too put 'The Wolves'?

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

12 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:10

Whose idea was it to put "The Wolves"?

View user profile

13 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:12

The match poster

View user profile

14 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 13:14

Ah, I see...

View user profile

15 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:46

Aled wrote:Win, lose or draw, me and tricky are on the pitch, Boom!
Damned right Aled....what say you stourboy and TRM?...fancy a fourway?

View user profile

16 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:06

It's my birthday tomorrow and that sounds like an awesome gift!

View user profile

17 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:08

There are so many directions this thread could take, only I'm not sure any of them are appropriate...

View user profile

18 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:11

Tis the gift that keeps on giving!

View user profile

19 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:25

Aled wrote:Tis the gift that keeps on giving!

Stour Boy reminds me of "Plug" from the Beano.

View user profile

20 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:29

Devil's Advocate wrote:

Good old bash street kids.

View user profile

21 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:36

Amblecote will be full of Pongo Snodgrass's tomorrow!  Laughing 

View user profile

22 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:38

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

You're like Billy Whizz…………….minus the two hairs!

View user profile

23 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:41

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

It's like that is it Devil?

View user profile

24 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:45

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

I think you got off lightly compared with Stour_boy - not sure what he's done to deserve that, or where it came from in the middle of this thread, to be honest.

I'm waiting for my look-alike now - I have one in mind, and it's not from the Beano. Let's see who can win the prize for getting it right...

PS. What all this has to do with the Wolves game is beyond me!

View user profile

25 Re: Wolves - BSC on Mon Dec 09 2013, 16:49

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

TRM is the Milky Bar Kid or Joe 90.

TCP Dave ( Roy Cropper ) is the dodgy janitor on Scooby Doo.

Jack is Bod.

Andy P is Captain Pugwash and Nathan is Seaman Staines.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum