Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Stevenage again!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76 Re: Stevenage again! on Fri Nov 15 2013, 16:39

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:In all seriousness I believe the visitors' end holds about 1,400 (based on what others have posted on here, and assuming they've looked it up properly!)

The only reason I can see for it not being "pay on the day" is if Stevenage want to be absolutely certain they don't need to give us MORE than 1,400.

And I really can't see that being the case, much as I'd love to say otherwise.

Although I suppose they might want to know in advance how many stewards they'll need, what stock to order for the tea bars, etc.


The simplest thing that Stevenage could do would be to ring SirSmiler and ask him to predict the number of Stour fan's attending and then they just multiply that figure by 3.
Im sure we will take more than 150 Devil !Laughing 

View user profile

77 Re: Stevenage again! on Fri Nov 15 2013, 18:01

TRM wrote: what stock to order for the tea bars, etc.
I suspect tea would be a good start! Wink 

View user profile

78 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 11:53

Im hearing rumours that tickets are going to be £20.

I guess this is for adults, I dont know about other concessions. This is just a rumour I may add. Smile

View user profile

79 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 12:22

Jack

avatar
Admin
If so then it's £2 off normal prices. Not a massive drop, but a drop. Tbh, anyone who really wants to go will go whatever the price.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

80 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 12:29

Think you will find £20 is the discounted price for tickets bought in advance of the game as match day prices are £22/£24.

View user profile

81 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 13:09

I'm not fussed about 20£ and not going to say "I can go and watch X club for less then that" etc but I do think 20£ is ridiculous and will put a few people off going. FFS it's a game versus a club 4 steps below, I dread to imagine how much they'd charge versus an EPL club.
May work in our favour as fans if Stevenage may not fancy paying that and a smaller crowd will be there?

View user profile

82 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 13:19

IF it is £20 a lot of newbies will be put off and know my kids and their mates were thinking of goin,£15 would be reasonable £10 for others.

View user profile

83 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 13:23

I personally hope its not £20 as its likely to put some fans off? Ben has also now mentioned on facebook that its £20.

Can anyone remember what the prices were for Plymouth away?

View user profile

84 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 13:31

A small price to pay I would say to witness the slick passing skills of the mighty Stevenage. Besides, they are practically cockneys!

View user profile

85 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 15:49

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it is £20, though personally I think "full price" is too much for a game where the home side is four levels above the opposition. £15 would be the maximum for me. One or two on Stevenage's forum were talking about lower prices when the draw was made but others suggested that they have a history of never reducing their prices whatever the opposition for FA Cup matches.

Don't forget that admission charges have to be agreed between the two clubs as we get a cut of the takings, so it isn't simply down to Stevenage. I can remember one case a few years ago where Leeds were drawn at home to Port Vale (I think it was Championship v League Two in today's terms) and Leeds wanted to reduce the prices but Port Vale refused as it would mean less money for them.

Whatever the prices are it would be interesting to know how the figure was reached in terms of discussions between the two clubs, not that I expect anybody to tell us!

View user profile

86 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 15:52

Having had time to think about it, I reckon we would if charged 15£ so a 50% increase on our normal priced tickets.
It won't affect me personally. But like TRM says both clubs have to come to some kind of agreement

View user profile

87 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 16:00

Didn't we charge £15 for Plymouth and Stevenage two years ago? I know it was a very reasonable tenner at Home Park.

I suspect our support will be the same at Stevenage whether it's £10, £15 or £20, but it would be interesting to see what difference it would make to the home support. However, that is a question that can't ever be answered.

View user profile

88 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 16:39

Which included presumably the cost of erecting temporary stands etc....

View user profile

89 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 16:43

£15 should be the limit as it will frighten a lot away,for adults,i know my kids and their mates may not go if £20 as my kids work but some of their mates dont!

View user profile

90 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 16:54

Most clubs are just plain stupid,they'd rather have 2000 people paying £20 ( total £40,000 ) than 3000 people paying £15,000 ( total £45,000 ) personally,i just don't get it.

I'd rather have 4000+ paying £10 ( total £40,000 ) than 2000 paying £20 each because you get all the additional food sales and commercial opportunities.

IF Bayern Munich,Dortmund,Schalke and most other top German sides can charge £8 to watch Bundesliga matches then it put's British football into perspective.

Commercially in the country we haven't got a clue when it comes to the paying customer at football.

View user profile

91 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 16:59

For "Division Three" £20 is probably the going rate. But it's only the going rate because it's what everybody charges, and because it's what too many people are prepared to pay. And then you add in the vicious circle which ties players' wages and admission costs inextricably together.

But then £10 is way above what we should be paying for football in the SEVENTH TIER. But it's what everybody else charges. If we decided to slash prices to a fiver because our Board decided one day that £10 was just too much, then we'd be the fools because we'd be losing out.

I completely agree, DA. Clubs have got to get wiser. But it will never happen.

View user profile

92 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 17:12

The fact that the Premier League is the richest in the world (and the Championship ranks fifth) would indicate that as far as they're concerned they've got it absolutely spot on.

View user profile

93 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 17:18

TRM wrote:For "Division Three" £20 is probably the going rate. But it's only the going rate because it's what everybody charges, and because it's what too many people are prepared to pay. And then you add in the vicious circle which ties players' wages and admission costs inextricably together.

But then £10 is way above what we should be paying for football in the SEVENTH TIER. But it's what everybody else charges. If we decided to slash prices to a fiver because our Board decided one day that £10 was just too much, then we'd be the fools because we'd be losing out.

I completely agree, DA. Clubs have got to get wiser. But it will never happen.
I actually don't have an objection to paying £10 to watch Stour,at our level the gate money is a vital ingredient due to the lack of any SKY money or suchlike.

Personally i think the player's deserve £100 to £200 each a week,remember this is per WEEK and not per MATCH,considering the time devoted to supposedly part time football it's actually a pittance.

20 players and management on an average of say £150 per week is £3000 per week x 40 weeks of the season,that's £120,000 in wages alone.

Average gate of 450 per match over 24 matches at say an average admittance price of £7.50 ( this is probably too high! ) brings in just £81,000.

It's the Premier League that should be halving it's ticket prices at least but clubs like Stevenage are just being @rseholes in charging £20 for this.

If this was always going to be the case,having agreed it with Stour,then the club should have done what i suggested and offered all attendees of the NF match on Saturday and the Weymouth match the following week a voucher giving them a half price or less coach ticket down to Stevenage.

The increased gate for NF and Weymouth would have more than covered the give-away as well as the bigger attendance at Stevenage.

I've only run my own business for 17 years at a profit so what would i know!

View user profile

94 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 17:23

dave w wrote:The fact that the Premier League is the richest in the world (and the Championship ranks fifth) would indicate that as far as they're concerned they've got it absolutely spot on.

That's why there are vast open spaces at most Championship grounds and plenty of tickets for most Prem games at all but the top 7 clubs.

Albion are still selling tickets for the Villa game a week on Monday and our capacity is only 26,700.


Bolton are £100 million in debt and QPR are £80 million in debt so along with a host of others i wouldn't describe there financial positioning as "spot on" Dave.

View user profile

95 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 18:10

Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:The fact that the Premier League is the richest in the world (and the Championship ranks fifth) would indicate that as far as they're concerned they've got it absolutely spot on.
That's why there are vast open spaces at most Championship grounds and plenty of tickets for most Prem games at all but the top 7 clubs.

Albion are still selling tickets for the Villa game a week on Monday and our capacity is only 26,700.


Bolton are £100 million in debt and QPR are £80 million in debt so along with a host of others i wouldn't describe there financial positioning as "spot on" Dave.
As I said - the richest (crowds rose yet again last season, with 95.1% of all tickets sold) and fifth-richest leagues in the word. You might think their prices are too high, but plenty of people are happy to pay them.

View user profile

96 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 18:14

dave w wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:The fact that the Premier League is the richest in the world (and the Championship ranks fifth) would indicate that as far as they're concerned they've got it absolutely spot on.
That's why there are vast open spaces at most Championship grounds and plenty of tickets for most Prem games at all but the top 7 clubs.

Albion are still selling tickets for the Villa game a week on Monday and our capacity is only 26,700.


Bolton are £100 million in debt and QPR are £80 million in debt so along with a host of others i wouldn't describe there financial positioning as "spot on" Dave.
As I said - the richest (crowds rose yet again last season, with 95.1% of all tickets sold) and fifth-richest leagues in the word. You might think their prices are too high, but plenty of people are happy to pay them.
"Happy to pay them"???
I'd say left no choice but to pay them!!

View user profile

97 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 18:49

Jack

avatar
Admin
Yeah, agree with Trickey. Don't think it's a case of happy to pay them, more forced to.

It'll be interesting to see what the club do about coach prices. I think a flat rate of £10 would be a very good fee, but I highly doubt that'll happen.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

98 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 19:07

If the price's are not kept reasonable for the ticket and coach then newbies wont go,loyal supporters will pay whatever but the idea is to attract new fans not price them out.

View user profile

99 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 19:13

Jack wrote:Yeah, agree with Trickey. Don't think it's a case of happy to pay them, more forced to.

It'll be interesting to see what the club do about coach prices. I think a flat rate of £10 would be a very good fee, but I highly doubt that'll happen.
Nobody is "forced" to pay anything. I don't see any guns being held to any heads!

This is the problem with football supporters. They will meekly accept anything because not to do so is seen as being disloyal. If supporters got together and boycotted matches the clubs would soon have to do something about it.

View user profile

100 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 17 2013, 19:48

Jack wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what the club do about coach prices. I think a flat rate of £10 would be a very good fee, but I highly doubt that'll happen.
The coach prices have been set Jack and you will be pleased to hear they are a flat £10 for all. What do you know. Laughing 

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum