Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stevenage again!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:49

brockmoor wrote:Here's a link for pictures of the ground.

We will be in the all-seater South Stand.

http://www.tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/stevenage.html
And hopefully that's the end where we'll score most of our goals

Last edited by sirsmilerIII on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:50; edited 1 time in total

27 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:49

Sorry that what meant Prospect! Did it used to be called watts? Am thinking of old speedway days!

View user profile

28 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:51

baz wrote:Sorry that what meant Prospect! Did it used to be called watts? Am thinking of old speedway days!
You're showing your age now baz Wink 

29 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:56

Following stour for about ten years has aged me lol and i remember Fordy with hair so am getting old nice pictures of ground

View user profile

30 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:10

Aled wrote:Initially disappointed but balls to it, we're going to have a great day and let's enjoy it. Who knows, we may well pull off an upset and, as already mentioned, it was very nearly Tamworth!

See you at the Milk Bar folks!
I would have preferred Tamworth.

View user profile

31 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:13

Jack

Admin
850 at Plymouth. This is a bigger game-1 away from big boys. We're better suppprted now than we were then. I'd expect us to touch 1000 at least.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

32 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:19

Jack wrote:850 at Plymouth. This is a bigger game-1 away from big boys. We're better suppprted now than we were then. I'd expect us to touch 1000 at least.
I personally would very surprised if we got near that number.

Stevenage will not appeal to most as much as Plymouth did. Also when we played Plymouth I believe there was no Premier League or championship football that weekend.

If we get near 800 like we did at Plymouth I would be very happy, would love to be proven wrong. Smile

View user profile

33 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:27

brockmoor wrote:
Jack wrote:850 at Plymouth. This is a bigger game-1 away from big boys. We're better suppprted now than we were then. I'd expect us to touch 1000 at least.

Stevenage will not appeal to most as much as Plymouth did. Also when we played Plymouth I believe there was no Premier League or championship football that weekend.

If we get near 800 like we did at Plymouth I would be very happy, would love to be proven wrong. Smile
Oi!. I'm the one who's supposed to predict that we won't get many supporters then get it completely wrong (just like I did for the last round), not you lol! 

34 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:33

sirsmilerIII wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

Oi!.  I'm the one who's supposed to predict that we won't get many supporters then get it completely wrong (just like I did for the last round), not you lol! 

Im quietly confident that i wont be 1'100 out Smiler. Laughing 

View user profile

35 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:37

brockmoor wrote:Im quietly confident that i wont be 1'100 out Smiler. Laughing 
Well 1,100 is the score to beat cheers

Just a pity that Stevenage beat Portsmouth, cuz if it had been the other way round we may have got to 1,000.

36 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:47

Jack

Admin
Their fans seem to have taken great offence to some of our comments. Apparently it's offensive to suggest they're basically a non league team. Which they are! Also, it'll be the best ground our lads will have played on, they'll be lucky to play on our grass and that they wonder who they'll get in the 3rd round. What a lovely team.

37 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:50

Jack wrote:Their fans seem to have taken great offence to some of our comments. Apparently it's offensive to suggest they're basically a non league team. Which they are! Also, it'll be the best ground our lads will have played on, they'll be lucky to play on our grass and that they wonder who they'll get in the 3rd round. What a lovely team.
Oh diddums!

The best ground our lads have played at? They having a giraffe! And why are we so lucky to play on 'their' grass? Is it laced with gold thread, the likes of no-one outside of Stevenage has seen?

One things for sure I bet we out sing their few thousand 'offended' fans! lol! 

View user profile

38 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 18:53

Jack

Admin
Plymouth's ground is far and away better than their ground. Interesting that it took less than an hour for the 'Cricket pitch' to get a mention. Do they honestly think they're something special? Just another tinpot team that have hoofed their way up the leagues. Oh, they've also agreed to give us a goal to make us happy.

39 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:00

Sounds to me like their fans are getting worried already, as they have had to resort to slagging us off.

It doesn't matter whether they are called Stevenage Borough, Stevenage or anything else, people will still think of them as basically a non-league team Razz

Are they going to give us a goal before or after we score our others...

40 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:01

Anyhow, If their football is anything like it was a few years ago there's no need for a pitch. Im thoroughly looking forward to having neck ache for a week after visiting their 'palace'! Laughing

Just to add, I would suggest that we will bring a 'few more' fans than their desperate effort a few years ago!Rolling Eyes

View user profile

41 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:06

Jack

Admin
They suggested that we'll slow it down and play hit and hope. There's an irony in there somewhere!

Yeah, shocking away following. As we've said before, tinpot non league. Even the fans that went were absolute dross.

42 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:09

They cant be that bl00dy good anyhow, even the Wolves beat them! lol! 

View user profile

43 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:13

One of them has said that he wished that Biggleswade had won instead, so if we're as easy to beat as they keep predicting then why would they want to play them instead.

Me thinks that some of their fans are already thinking it could be "squeaky" bum time Wink 

44 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:22

Another not very polite comment from their forum.

Re: Stourbridge reaction
Yorkshire Boro, today at 17:30:07
User: Yorkshire Boro - profile
Views: 297

No! fuck them did you read what some of them were saying? I cant wait to smash them 5 or 6 goals to the good now

lol! You've just got to laugh at them haven't you...

45 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:25

Jack

Admin
What I don't get is they're not as good as they were then, we're better than we were then-imo-and we were THAT close to going 1 up through Drew's free kick. Why do they think they're going to put 6 past us?

46 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:28

So they should 'smash 5 or 6' past us. They should have done that at our place, but they didnt! We are level 7 afterall Wink

View user profile

47 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:31

Jack wrote:Why do they think they're going to put 6 past us?
In their dreams Jack, in their dreams. They only managed 3 goals the last time we played them, and as you've said they're nowhere near as good as they were then. I could quite easily see us get a replay...

48 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:38

To be honest, every club has internet warriors, I'm sure they appreciate this isn't the tie we wanted and that's not being disrespectful. If a few of them are getting worried a la some of the Plymouth fans a couple of years back so be it.

They should smash us 6-0, no pressure on us at all. We'll have to wait and see won't we!

View user profile

49 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:43

Let them get on with it.
If they want to bitch let them bitch.
I'm sure that no matter what the outcome we will do ourselves proud.
Come on Stour.

View user profile

50 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 19:55

Tricky Tree wrote:Let them get on with it.
If they want to bitch let them bitch.
I'm sure that no matter what the outcome we will do ourselves proud.
Come on Stour.
I think if you read the thread through on Borochat you will also see that whilst we are pleased with a home tie, there is a lot of tongue in cheek comments as normally we are the small underdog and only too familier with the big boys of L1 rolling out the usual non-league, tinpot, big strong physical hoofball type comments. There are some balanced views, not just what's reported in this thread.

I only have fond memories of my trip to Stourbridge, and if you win or draw you will have deserved and if we win likewise. Some of the arrogance displayed is very much a FACup cliche comments.

We are in good form at the moment having started the season shockingly so I do expect a good test. The way end is great for generating atmosphere so if you do bring 800/1000 you will be heard.

Very Happy 

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum