View user profile

3 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:25

Jack

Admin
Rubbish.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

4 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:27

Jack wrote:Rubbish.
I feel like i've lost a tenner and found a Euro.

Gutted.

View user profile

5 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:34

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Jack wrote:Rubbish.
I feel like i've lost a tenner and found a Euro.

Gutted.
Double gutted, real tough one

View user profile

6 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:43

Dear oh dear, I suppose we owe em one! fat chance and no chance springs to mind. At least we know what to expect but good luck with planning this one Gary.

Last ball drawn out again!

View user profile

7 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:50

Disappointing to say the least but you can only play what's in front of you! Sneak a draw, another Tuesday night replay? ? They aren't performing as well as when we played them last time.

View user profile

8 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:51

But they are 19th in league one and have lost 9times this season, so some grounds for optimism surely...
I guess now we know what Biggleswade felt like after the first round draw!

View user profile

9 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:53

I can't help but smile at the thought that we're disappointed with our FA Cup second round draw. Could you imagine that ten years ago?

View user profile

10 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:04

Hi all, Stevenage fan in peace.

Delighted that we've drawn you and get to battle it out with you once again. I have very fond memories of the last tie. I thought you'd appreciate a quick synopsis of our season thus far to help contextualise the draw.

A hangover from last management team occurred during the first 10 games on the season. We had no shape, battle, or real quality. But the last 6/7 games have seen a resurgence of the Stevenage of old and most are confident we'll secure a mid table finish. Defensively we're tight again and we work hard all over the pitch to win possession. We do lack a cutting edge, although this has been improved with the temporary signing of Francois Zoko who's scored in pretty much every game he's played this last month. We have lots of guile in midfield, but I don't think we're the same, hard unit we were last time we played you, and I'd imagine some hard tackles and a physical approach in the middle third could be a weak spot. We've also not been particularly good at set pieces, both attacking and defending, which is odd as we have some particularly statuesque players.

I'd imagine that if you can reduce the tempo of the game, go man for man and keep the game a slow, physical battle, that you could keep the game tight. If you keep it tight you only need one moment of magic or luck to make something happen.

All the best, feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Adam

View user profile

11 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:05

barnstoneworth wrote:But they are 19th in league one and have lost 9times this season, so some grounds for optimism surely...
I guess now we know what Biggleswade felt like after the first round draw!
I totally agree with that statement, and surely when we played them the last time they were doing well in the division sitting near the top whereas this time they aren't. And in reality as we're the underdogs we've got nothing to lose, so surely all of the pressure will be on them.

Plus it will be another new ground for everyone to add to their list, and it could have been a lot worse as Tamworth were drawn out in the previous game Wink  

12 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:05

dave w wrote:I can't help but smile at the thought that we're disappointed with our FA Cup second round draw. Could you imagine that ten years ago?
Ironic isn't it Dave!

I literally prayed for the Wolves ball,then the Walsall ball,then Bristol City's ball,then Plymouth's and finally that number 36 would come out first before Westley's robot's.

I think we can surprise them though especially with Ben fit again and because we are a better side than we were two years ago with a potent front two.

It's the physicality of Stevenage that worries me most.

View user profile

13 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:05

Bitterly disappointing.

An unglamorous club that many think are still a non-league club!

However there is no pressure on us, we can go and enjoy the day and it gives our players another chance to play at a football league ground. It keeps us in the spotlight for another month which can only be good for the club.

There also shouldnt be any moaning from fans saying they cant get a ticket!

As 'Flex' said theyre not as good as they were a few years ago, saying that they are at home. We will go in good numbers hopefully and sing our hearts out and enjoy the day.
Smile 

View user profile

14 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:07

Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:I can't help but smile at the thought that we're disappointed with our FA Cup second round draw. Could you imagine that ten years ago?
Ironic isn't it Dave!

I literally prayed for the Wolves ball,then the Walsall ball,then Bristol City's ball,then Plymouth's and finally that number 36 would come out first before Westley's robot's.

I think we can surprise them though especially with Ben fit again and because we are a better side than we were two years ago with a potent front two.

It's the physicality of Stevenage that worries me most.
It certainly shows how far we've come.

View user profile

15 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:10

Jack

Admin
How many does their away end hold?

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

16 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:11

Not the greatest draw but ground easy to get to,and only 130 miles away,at least wont have to book a night of work and lose money! And still 90 mins away from big boys!

View user profile

17 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:16

Jack wrote:How many does their away end hold?
I dont foresee us having problems with tickets Jack!

There capacity is around 7000 if my memory is right, so we are guaranteed 1000 tickets, I would suggest they would give us more if the demand was there which I doubt it will be.

View user profile

18 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:17

Away end holds 1500! Bruce told Andy H but he did not text me! I am getting worried he fell out with me since Southport gate lol;) 

View user profile

19 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:18

The away end holds 1400.

View user profile

20 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:21

Elkding wrote:The away end holds 1400.
We'd need a lot of coaches for that many fans Laughing 

21 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:26

sirsmilerIII wrote:
Elkding wrote:The away end holds 1400.
We'd need a lot of coaches for that many fans Laughing 
Around 28 I would suggest! Cool 

View user profile

22 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:40

Watts are the official supplier of coaches,get them coaches serviced asap!!

View user profile

23 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:43

baz wrote:Watts are the official supplier of coaches,get them coaches serviced asap!!
I thought we used Prospect Coaches in Lye?

24 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:45

Here's a link for pictures of the ground.

We will be in the all-seater South Stand.

http://www.tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/stevenage.html

View user profile

25 Re: Stevenage again! on Sun Nov 10 2013, 17:46

Initially disappointed but balls to it, we're going to have a great day and let's enjoy it. Who knows, we may well pull off an upset and, as already mentioned, it was very nearly Tamworth!

See you at the Milk Bar folks!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum