The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Rowe.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Mon Jan 13 2014, 21:25

Jack

Admin
Simply need to go out and BUY-if needed-a striker good enough to fire us up.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

27 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Mon Jan 13 2014, 21:29

I'm available until the end of the season.
Piece of piss job.

View user profile

28 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 00:34

No surprise to see Ben Mackey top of the league goal scorers chart again,a complete mercenary of course but he delivers.

We need a quality forward,someone proven and the money we have been paying Rowe for a very ordinary return in terms of matches actually scored in is more than enough to secure the services of the right calibre of player.

I've always liked Tommy Berwick who was at Corby last i heard,i don't know if he's injured though because his goal's total is not featuring in the top 20n scorers in the division.

If we are not going to go for that type of player then maybe taking a punt on a player from a lower level might be worth a try,i've watched a fair bit of Lye Town and Ray Anslow is a good finisher as is Simon Weaver but they are both small and more in the Jon Griffin mould and we all know how that ended.

This replacement is going to have to hit the ground running so someone from Conference North or a top quality player from this level like Berwick would be the best option in my opinion.

View user profile

29 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 00:34

Devil's Advocate wrote:No surprise to see Ben Mackey top of the league goal scorers chart again,a complete mercenary of course but he delivers.

We need a quality forward,someone proven and the money we have been paying Rowe for a very ordinary return in terms of matches actually scored in is more than enough to secure the services of the right calibre of player.

I've always liked Tommy Berwick who was at Corby last i heard,i don't know if he's injured though because his goal's total is not featuring in the top 20 scorers in the division.

If we are not going to go for that type of player then maybe taking a punt on a player from a lower level might be worth a try,i've watched a fair bit of Lye Town and Ray Anslow is a good finisher as is Simon Weaver but they are both small and more in the Jon Griffin mould and we all know how that ended.

This replacement is going to have to hit the ground running so someone from Conference North or a top quality player from this level like Berwick would be the best option in my opinion.

View user profile

30 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 06:37

Berwick is now at... Hemel.

View user profile

31 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 08:29

Looking at all of the new strikers that have come to us over the last 10-12 years they have been much more dud than good, but this one really needs to be good - ideally a Mackey type player but not so much of the mercenary aspect!

Everyone knows the above is much easier said than done but we made Mackey an offer, so let's hope we can do the same again.

Kristian Ramsey-Dickson, anyone? Wink

View user profile

32 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 08:56

Just moved from Rushall to Worcester. Not sure he'd want to step back down a level after only a week or so! Good shout, though. Liked the look of him against Sutton - only time I've seen him play. Couldn't get in ahead of Adebola and Obeng at Rushall, after not featuring much at Alfreton. Suggests he may have gone off the boil a bit?

View user profile

33 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 09:47

Surely we knew Ryan would be recalled by Kidderminster once the loan had expired.

I suppose he could return depending on the decision made by Kidderminster regarding the rest of his contract. Perhaps they might even try and terminate it to free up funds for their new manager.

Even so I still think we should be looking for a striker and if no Ryan two strikers as we really only have Luke. Brown is a bit hit and miss at the moment and I am not sure if Knight can score the goals to get us in the play offs.

However it must be hard for Gary if you are trying to bring in players from a higher level than what we are as there are no many teams around us that are higher. I would have thought he would know about the ones from lower leagues than us.

For me last season Mackey started well but really didn't set the place alight and the partnership with Luke never got going. Still think we would have made the play offs without him.

Got to agree with TRM was impressed by Ramsey Dickson but know others who have seen more of his games who aren't that impressed. Move around a lot this season so obviously not making an impression at the clubs he has been at.

For me another probably we have when trying to sign players is the distance we travel over a season.
This is why I think we need promotion as soon as we can as the move to Conference North might start attracting more players.

View user profile

34 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 11:33

TRM wrote:Berwick is now at... Hemel.

Aah,that old sly,cunning plan,the one that Man Utd used to use.

Buy up all the best scorers in the division to keep them away from other teams!

Not sure if Berwick is getting games at Hemel,if not perhaps we should go in for him.

Hemel are getting greedy though……..it'll all end in tears there.

View user profile

35 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 12:08

Jack

Admin
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Not sure if Berwick is getting games at Hemel,if not perhaps we should go in for him.

Berwick plays most weeks for Hemel.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

36 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 12:25

From my limited knowledge, I think Mackey plays pretty much every game, alongside either Toomey or Berwick. Whichever of those two doesn't start is on the bench. And they also have Mpi on the bench who comes on with 20-25 minutes to go to use his pace against tired defenders.

View user profile

37 Re: Ryan Rowe. on Tue Jan 14 2014, 12:49

Jack wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Berwick plays most weeks for Hemel.

Berwick has only been at Hemel since December and today is the 14th of January so to say "he play's every week" is a bit misleading,although he probably has it's not as if it's over a 30 game stretch and that he's a confirmed "regular" starter.

He's played four times and scored once.

Mackey has 31 goals in all competitions,Toomey has 20 in 26 games and Mpi has 12 in 30 games in which he's come on as sub 25 times so thats a phenomenal record from the bench.

Four of their midfield have contributed 40 goals and even defender Ollie Thorne has scored 8,this team is a goal machine anyway,i'm not sure if they really need Berwick but boy are they covering all bases and being pro-active.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum