Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Cambridge City away.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:36

If the Biggleswade match goes to a replay will this be next Tuesday/Wednesday forcing the Cambridge match to be off?

View user profile

2 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:39

Would of thought so,losing is not an option!

View user profile

3 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:40

Devil's Advocate wrote:If the Biggleswade match goes to a replay will this be next Tuesday/Wednesday forcing the Cambridge match to be off?
No, a reply would be a week on Tuesday (19th)

View user profile

4 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:56

stour_boy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:If the Biggleswade match goes to a replay will this be next Tuesday/Wednesday forcing the Cambridge match to be off?
No, a reply would be a week on Tuesday (19th)
Cheers SB.

View user profile

5 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 06 2013, 17:39

if you're at Cambridge DA, I'll buy you that drink it looks like I'll owe you Smile 

View user profile

6 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 06 2013, 20:35

PhilC wrote:if you're at Cambridge DA, I'll buy you that drink it looks like I'll owe you Smile 
I'll look forward to it Phil.

I'm the good looking one,i'm usually with Tricky the ugly twat.

View user profile

7 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 06 2013, 20:46

stour_boy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:If the Biggleswade match goes to a replay will this be next Tuesday/Wednesday forcing the Cambridge match to be off?
No, a reply would be a week on Tuesday (19th)
This is correct, and it also means that if both the Biggleswade AND North Ferriby game were drawn, the replay at North Ferriby would be on Tuesday 26th November.

If the Biggleswade game is settled at the first time of asking, any replay against NFU would be on November 19th as per usual.

Either way, the Cambridge game will be on November 13th barring postponement due to the weather.

View user profile

8 Re: Cambridge City away. on Thu Nov 07 2013, 14:01

Devil's Advocate wrote:
PhilC wrote:if you're at Cambridge DA, I'll buy you that drink it looks like I'll owe you Smile 
I'll look forward to it Phil.

I'm the good looking one,i'm usually with Tricky the ugly twat.
Phil, You will recognise DA easy enough.

He'll be the one in fancy dress. Laughing 

View user profile

9 Re: Cambridge City away. on Thu Nov 07 2013, 14:02

brockmoor wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
PhilC wrote:if you're at Cambridge DA, I'll buy you that drink it looks like I'll owe you Smile 
I'll look forward to it Phil.

I'm the good looking one,i'm usually with Tricky the ugly twat.
Phil, You will recognise DA easy enough.

He'll be the one in fancy dress. Laughing 

And i'll be stood next to the chubby geezer with hair like Arthur Scargill.

View user profile

10 Re: Cambridge City away. on Thu Nov 07 2013, 14:09

Devil's Advocate wrote:
brockmoor wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
PhilC wrote:if you're at Cambridge DA, I'll buy you that drink it looks like I'll owe you Smile 
I'll look forward to it Phil.

I'm the good looking one,i'm usually with Tricky the ugly twat.
Phil, You will recognise DA easy enough.

He'll be the one in fancy dress. Laughing 
And i'll be stood next to the chubby geezer with hair like Arthur Scargill.

You really do need some new material. Rolling Eyes 

As well as a new coat.

A new hat.

A new haircut.

New shorts.

And FFS sort out your phone! affraid 

View user profile

11 Re: Cambridge City away. on Thu Nov 07 2013, 14:13

brockmoor wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
brockmoor wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
PhilC wrote:if you're at Cambridge DA, I'll buy you that drink it looks like I'll owe you Smile 
I'll look forward to it Phil.

I'm the good looking one,i'm usually with Tricky the ugly twat.
Phil, You will recognise DA easy enough.

He'll be the one in fancy dress. Laughing 
And i'll be stood next to the chubby geezer with hair like Arthur Scargill.
You really do need some new material. Rolling Eyes 

As well as a new coat.

A new hat.

A new haircut.

New shorts.

And FFS sort out your phone! affraid 

Pot calling the kettle black material wise old son :-]]

View user profile

12 Re: Cambridge City away. on Thu Nov 07 2013, 15:12

Haven't you worked out how to use an Emoticon yet?
Wink

View user profile

13 Re: Cambridge City away. on Thu Nov 07 2013, 16:33

I'll look for the pair with the handbags

View user profile

14 Re: Cambridge City away. on Thu Nov 07 2013, 16:44

PhilC wrote:I'll look for the pair with the handbags

That'll be TRM and Stourboy you'll be stood with then.

View user profile

15 Re: Cambridge City away. on Tue Nov 12 2013, 14:22

I suppose this will do as the "Match Thread."

Not much to say other than what we've said about every game in the last few weeks. Need to keep the momentum going, especially with League points at stake - doubt we can expect another 9-0 though!

They've had a decent start, better than I expected if I'm honest, but got knocked out of the Trophy at home to Scarborough last week, and lost at Chippenham on Saturday.

Confident we can win this if we're at our best.

Oh, and if you're going, for Heaven's sake don't forget they play at Histon now!

View user profile

16 Re: Cambridge City away. on Tue Nov 12 2013, 17:30

Who's going to be at Cambridge ( Histon ) then?

Theres 4 of us in my car on the way there and 5 coming back due to Jim wanting an extra hours sleep!

Who else is making the trek?

I'd have loved it if the club had posted a message saying only those who attend Cambridge can have a Stevenage ticket :-)

View user profile

17 Re: Cambridge City away. on Tue Nov 12 2013, 17:51

Devil's Advocate wrote:I'd have loved it if the club had posted a message saying only those who attend Cambridge can have a Stevenage ticket :-)
Nothing less than proof of attendance at Cambridge, Bideford, Biggleswade and Burnham should suffice in my book!

I'll be there tomorrow - going straight from work so will be alone, but assume I am ferrying TT back to Worcester afterwards?

View user profile

18 Re: Cambridge City away. on Tue Nov 12 2013, 17:55

Will be losing my 100% of matches,home and away in next few weeks!

View user profile

19 Re: Cambridge City away. on Tue Nov 12 2013, 18:16

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I'd have loved it if the club had posted a message saying only those who attend Cambridge can have a Stevenage ticket :-)
Nothing less than proof of attendance at Cambridge, Bideford, Biggleswade and Burnham should suffice in my book!

I'll be there tomorrow - going straight from work so will be alone, but assume I am ferrying TT back to Worcester afterwards?
TT is financially constrained and unable to attend i am sad to say.

At least your car won't smell of wee on the way back now TRM.

View user profile

20 Re: Cambridge City away. on Tue Nov 12 2013, 18:17

I'll be there

View user profile

21 Re: Cambridge City away. on Tue Nov 12 2013, 21:05

Stuck in Southampton on business so can't make it. Would of liked the ground score aswell.

View user profile

22 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 13 2013, 08:46

No mention of charges to park the car on Cambridge's website, but Histon's says £2. I guess that only applies to Histon's home games, but be aware just in case...

View user profile

23 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 13 2013, 20:41

Guest


Guest
TRM wrote:Nothing less than proof of attendance at Cambridge, Bideford, Biggleswade and Burnham should suffice in my book!
That's all good and well, but what about the long time supporters who cannot afford to go to every away game and have to prioritise which matches they attend Rolling Eyes 

24 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 13 2013, 20:46

sirsmilerIII wrote:
TRM wrote:Nothing less than proof of attendance at Cambridge, Bideford, Biggleswade and Burnham should suffice in my book!
That's all good and well, but what about the long time supporters who cannot afford to go to every away game and have to prioritise which matches they attend Rolling Eyes 
Or even the not so long time supporters who went to most pre season matches and a fair wack of away games this season until they fell upon hard times?!

View user profile

25 Re: Cambridge City away. on Wed Nov 13 2013, 21:08

Guest


Guest
Tricky Tree wrote:
sirsmilerIII wrote:
TRM wrote:Nothing less than proof of attendance at Cambridge, Bideford, Biggleswade and Burnham should suffice in my book!
That's all good and well, but what about the long time supporters who cannot afford to go to every away game and have to prioritise which matches they attend Rolling Eyes 
Or even the not so long time supporters who went to most pre season matches and a fair wack of away games this season until they fell upon hard times?!
Totally agree with you. Just because a person doesn't go to every game home & away, does not mean they are not a true supporter.

I suppose I'd better end this before someone starts using the words "part-timer" & "glory hunter".

And in case anybody was wondering about tonghts game, which is what this thread was started for. It is 0-0 at half-time.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum