Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 11:23

I was out with Jim and Brockmoor last night and the subject of the Stourbridge FC Supporter's club came up.

Is it still active in anyway?

If not the three of us thought it was something that should be started up again.

I'd be interested in your thought's folks?

View user profile

2 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 11:49

It still exists but it depends what you mean by active lol

View user profile

3 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:11

Aled wrote:It still exists but it depends what you mean by active lol
So who run's it etc,etc?

It doesn't seem to be very "High Viz" at the moment.

View user profile

4 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:14

Devil's Advocate wrote:I was out with Jim and Brockmoor last night and the subject of the Stourbridge FC Supporter's club came up.

Is it still active in anyway?

If not the three of us thought it was something that should be started up again.

I'd be interested in your thought's folks?
Best asking Nathan about that one. He 'hosted' an evening at the club a few years ago to try and get it restarted, with the main aim of getting regular supporters coaches running to away games.

Sadly the moaner brigade were there in force (and that's saying something coming from "The Pessimist" Stourboy) who droned on and on about constitutions and committees and branded the evening a "waste of time".

Some folk are highly resistant to change sadly.

View user profile

5 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:18

stour_boy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I was out with Jim and Brockmoor last night and the subject of the Stourbridge FC Supporter's club came up.

Is it still active in anyway?

If not the three of us thought it was something that should be started up again.

I'd be interested in your thought's folks?
Best asking Nathan about that one. He 'hosted' an evening at the club a few years ago to try and get it restarted, with the main aim of getting regular supporters coaches running to away games.

Sadly the moaner brigade were there in force (and that's saying something coming from "The Pessimist" Stourboy) who droned on and on about constitutions and committees and branded the evening a "waste of time".

Some folk are highly resistant to change sadly.

I can believe all that SB and the "moaner's" would probably be easy to name.

I don't deal in bulls--t so if it would have to be done on that basis then b-ll-cks to it.

View user profile

6 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:18

Having said all of that, it's something I'd really like to get involved in and it's a great idea to get restarted.

I ran a fanzine at the time of this meeting, sadly short-lived, but an idea was mooted that night to tie in the fanzine with the Supporters Club idea.

I'd be happy to put myself forward for editing a Supporters Club newsletter, maybe even a website/social media outlets etc.

View user profile

7 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:23

Jack

avatar
Admin
What exactly would consist of?

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

8 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:42

Devil's Advocate wrote:

I don't deal in bulls--t so if it would have to be done on that basis then b-ll-cks to it.

Thought you said you worked in sales! Wink 

View user profile

9 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:54

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

I don't deal in bulls--t so if it would have to be done on that basis then b-ll-cks to it.

Thought you said you worked in sales! Wink 

You're on a roll today Dave……….who's writing your script?

View user profile

10 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 13:08

stour_boy wrote:Having said all of that, it's something I'd really like to get involved in and it's a great idea to get restarted.

I ran a fanzine at the time of this meeting, sadly short-lived, but an idea was mooted that night to tie in the fanzine with the Supporters Club idea.

I'd be happy to put myself forward for editing a Supporters Club newsletter, maybe even a website/social media outlets etc.

I'm working on an idea to set up a Stourbridge FC YouTube channel SB.

It will require one or two who are "media savvy" and i'll also be looking for someone to do the filming once i've got the camera sorted out.

If you're interested or have ideas you'd like to put forward it's best to put it on the "Stourbridge Video" thread.

I'm looking into the cost of setting this idea up at present and hopeful of making it happen so i'll keep you all posted but i will need practical help from some of you.

View user profile

11 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 13:24

The last time I spoke about this circa 2 years back I got the impression feathers were ruffled and got my knuckles wrapped. Anywho, the supporters club committee consisted of about 8 of us back in the late 90's early 00's, most of us also served on the football club committee at the same time.

There are certain rules which have to be adhered too to constitute a supporters club of which i'm not particularly familiar with. That's not being resistant to change, they are basic facts. It really depends on what role the supporters club fulfills.

I agree that the club needs and certainly has room for an 'active' supporters club so suggest that you speak to the powers that be on what you want to achieve and how it would work.

View user profile

12 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 13:36

Aled wrote:The last time I spoke about this circa 2 years back I got the impression feathers were ruffled and got my knuckles wrapped. Anywho, the supporters club committee consisted of about 8 of us back in the late 90's early 00's, most of us also served on the football club committee at the same time.

There are certain rules which have to be adhered too to constitute a supporters club of which i'm not particularly familiar with. That's not being resistant to change, they are basic facts. It really depends on what role the supporters club fulfills.

I agree that the club needs and certainly has room for an 'active' supporters club so suggest that you speak to the powers that be on what you want to achieve and how it would work.


It doesn't answer the question though Aled….is there a supporter's club or not at present….nobody seem's to know.

I'll get Baz to text Andy Hill to see if he know's.

TRM,if you know could you fill us in?

View user profile

13 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 14:07

Devil,

Yes there is mate.

View user profile

14 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 15:19

Aled wrote:Devil,

Yes there is mate.
So who's in charge etc.etc?

View user profile

15 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 15:44

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Aled wrote:Devil,

Yes there is mate.
So who's in charge etc.etc?
I do believe Devil that Aled is still treasurer of the Supporters Club and possibly Hugh too. All money raised by myself on a matchday goes into the Supporters Club account which is a separate entity form the main SFC account. Money raised from the player's kit sponsorships also goes into that account. The Supporters Club isn't active in as much as there are currently no subsciptions. When I looked into forming a new 'active' club, as Stourboy said, the SFC committee at the time highlighted issues that would come of it,such as a new constitution being required,etc. I would have thought though that as the account is stil live and we just want to kick-start it again,I wouldn't have thought that there would be much if anything that needs changing. Obviously a committee of some sort would need to be formed and voted in.

View user profile

16 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:20

I confess to still being the treasurer. Hugh is chairman. Beyond that we are a secret society

View user profile

17 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:30

Aled wrote:I confess to still being the treasurer. Hugh is chairman. Beyond that we are a secret society
You must be Aled.

How does one breath some life into this organisation?

Is it beyond help?

View user profile

18 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:51

I see no reason why it couldn't become an active supporters club again. TRM was also involved in years gone by, the rest either moved away or passed away sadly. With so many committee members serving on the FC committee too, coupled with dwindling attendances it gradually became less active as the years progressed.

View user profile

19 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 17:54

Guest


Guest
Aled wrote:I confess to still being the treasurer. Hugh is chairman. Beyond that we are a secret society
Does the initiation ceremony still involve that weird handshake & the naked chicken, or am I thinking of another secret society Wink 

20 Re: Stourbridge FC Supporter's Club. on Tue Nov 05 2013, 20:31

I feel very strongly that there is a place for an active Supporters' Club (or whatever name you want to give it) at Stourbridge.

I think one of the Club's concerns (if that's the right word) is that if people want to help out, raise funds, get active in doing things for the Club then there is room for that to do that under the SFC banner, rather than needing a separate body. I kind of understand that but at the same time I think a Supporters' Club should be able to do different things, and things that the parent club perhaps ought not to be getting involved with. For instance - just off the top of my head - organising sponsored walks.

I know Hednesford are not especially popular with our supporters (me as much as anybody) but their supporters set up a Supporters' Association in 2010 and in all fairness do a superb job of raising money, providing a focal point for supporters and publicising the Club. When they drew at home to West Auckland in the Cup, the SA organised a coach to the replay at three days notice (I don't think they allow supporters on their players' coach, which is a separate issue) with a fare of £5 per head for all - the cost was subsidised by the SA. THAT is the kind of thing we should be looking at, for example.

Have a look at their website...

http://www.htfcsa.co.uk/

The boring bit is that it needs to be set up on proper lines - if you're dealing with money you've got to do it properly - that mean all the "waste of time" stuff like constitutions, elections, meetings and so on that 99% of people won't want to be interested in. 20 years ago when I was single, or in 15 years time when the kids have flown the nest, maybe. But right now it's not something I could or would commit to. I only say that here and now because I know somebody will ask me to get involved - not acting the Big Shot - I just know they will!

But I would be a member and support it as much as possible.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum