Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mickleover Sports next on the agenda.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 21:36

Not really at our best against a more than competent Mickleover team, but battled it out in very stodgy conditions with the wind playing havoc much more than it did even at Workington last week.

We had chances to win the game much earlier than they did, but you can't ignore the fact that they had chances too. Dean made at least two excellent saves in the second half (one was reminiscent of Banks from Pele in 1970) and there had been close calls in the first half as well. He also showed good judgement of when to come racing off his line or out of his area to deal with the ball, and got it right every time. I went for Will as MotM but on reflection I think I was wrong and should have given it to Dean.

Luke too his goal well after looking a bit lethargic for much of the afternoon until that point, and Sean held his nerve at the death after Tuesday's miss, though the keeper (who made some cracking saves of his own and was an all round good bloke) got down well to almost stop it.

Roll on Monday's draw and hopefully a home tie. I'm dreading a long journey as it would potentially give us five consecutive long away trips in 14 days:

Wed 13th - Cambridge City (League)
Sat 16th - Whoever we get in the Trophy
Tues 19th - Biggleswade - possible FA Cup replay
Sat 23rd - Bideford (League)
Tues 26th - Biggleswade (League)

View user profile

27 Re: Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:08

It says it all that Coleman got man of the match(I did vote for him)
The save at 1-0 was superb and the Mickleover fans were celebrating a goal before Dean got a hand to it.
Not the best of games but a blinding day out.

Mickleover have got a fairly tatty ground in my opinion but a truly superb set up with very friendly personal.
Credit to Direbyshire.

View user profile

28 Re: Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:11

Tricky Tree wrote:It says it all that Coleman got man of the match(I did vote for him)
The save at 1-0 was superb and the Mickleover fans were celebrating a goal before Dean got a hand to it.

Mickleover have got a fairly tatty ground in my opinion but a truly superb set up with very friendly personal.
Credit to Direbyshire.

I dread to think what a "very friendly personal" is Tricky!? :-]]

I can imagine you having one though.

View user profile

29 Re: Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:20

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:It says it all that Coleman got man of the match(I did vote for him)

Credit to Direbyshire.

Doh!!!!!
You knew what I meant devil

View user profile

30 Re: Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:28

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Credit to Direbyshire.

Doh!!!!!
You knew what I meant devil
Back in the 80's you could get a "friendly personal" at the Duke William pub for quite small money Tricky……….how much has she charged you tonight?

View user profile

31 Re: Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:31

Nath's rates.Laughing 

View user profile

32 Re: Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:35

Tricky Tree wrote:Nath's rates.Laughing 

LOL…………….It's the correct answer.

View user profile

33 Re: Mickleover Sports next on the agenda. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 23:05

Thanks to Brian for the updates and "Phew!"

View user profile

Sponsored content