Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ticket details for Biggleswade

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 12:01

UlsterJim wrote:I have been asked to post this.

"The club did not announce general sale details, until it was known that there would be enough tickets to warrant a sale.  
If there had been no tickets left, the club would have been critised for publicising a sale opportunity that did not exist.

The only way to guarantee a ticket was to be a member or season ticket holder. The club could not do more to get this message across."
I agree with the last paragraph entirely.

But I would have thought a brief line in the original press release to say that IF any tickets were left unsold following the priority sales then these would be sold on a general basis and further details would follow in due course.

It might have stopped some of the moaners, though obviously not all because some people are NEVER satisfied.

However, it should be said yet again that the Club has done a great job organising and prioritising tickets for this game and any criticisms are very minor.

View user profile

77 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 12:02

Biggleswade tweeted this morning that they only have 28 tickets left.

View user profile

78 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 12:20

TRM wrote:Biggleswade tweeted this morning that they only have 28 tickets left.
Nath texted me half an hour or so ago to say there were only 30 tickets left down The Milk Bar.

Should be a full house.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

79 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 12:21

Looks like any Stour fans who miss out might want to get themselves a fast car and set the SatNav for Biggleswade!

View user profile

80 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 12:23

TRM wrote:Looks like any Stour fans who miss out might want to get themselves a fast car and set the SatNav for Biggleswade!
Or pay £40 for the corporate package.

81 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 13:34

Great stuff! I always thought we would get close to sell out and was surprised when people thought we might struggle to get a 1,000 even,looking forward to this weeks Stourbridge News with pictures of people I have never seen down the ground asking "where have all the tickets gone?" Think the club have handled the situation really well, the only people who seem to be upset are the ones that are struggling to get a ticket because they won't commit to the club in some capacity. Bring it on!

View user profile

82 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 14:54

Jack

Admin
Sold out.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

83 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:11

Devil's Advocate wrote:
sirsmilerIII wrote:
TRM wrote:But it won't be 1,500 anyway.
Take the 1 off the front of that number and you might be nearer he mark.  After all it's only biggleswade and I think that will put people off, regardless of the fact it's the FA Cup.  I cannot see supporters from other clubs especially those in the football league paying to watch Stourbridge v Biggleswade, I just hope that I am proved wrong afro 
You will be!

Greetings Smiler.

I won't be asking you to do my lottery numbers :-]]

TRM described you as a "Fruit Loop" for forecasting a crowd of 500 which was just a tad harsh,i'm pleased to discover there is another person in the Stourbridge area who has such a pessimistic outlook on life :-]]

What you hadn't factored in was the fact that all of Nathan's ex girlfriend's have bought a ticket because they know he's bound to be there on Saturday!

Last edited by Devil's Advocate on Wed Nov 06 2013, 17:03; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

84 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:31

Jack wrote:Sold out.
Not yet, still corporate tickets available. If they don't sell then the tickets will go on general sale, probably Friday, but very limited numbers.

85 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:35

UlsterJim wrote:
Not yet, still corporate tickets available.  If they don't sell then the tickets will go on general sale, probably Friday, but very limited numbers.

Once those sell Jim i've still got Tricky's ticket's :-]]

I've already warned him that if he makes anymore stupid comment's before Saturday that they'll go to the highest bidder!

View user profile

86 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:38

Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:
Not yet, still corporate tickets available.  If they don't sell then the tickets will go on general sale, probably Friday, but very limited numbers.

I've already warned him that if he makes anymore stupid comment's before Saturday that they'll go to the highest bidder!
That isn't what you said at all you oaf.
You told me to watch what I said about yourself....you big spoon.

View user profile

87 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 15:55

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:

That isn't what you said at all you oaf.
You told me to watch what I said about yourself....you big spoon.

I've changed the rules Tricky.

Instead of just "stupid comment's" toward's myself ( which you've just transgressed on BTW ) i've broadened it out to "stupid comment's full stop" due to your consistency in writing such tripe on here.

£20…….do i hear a £20 bid anybody :-]]

View user profile

88 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 16:11

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
sirsmilerIII wrote:
TRM wrote:But it won't be 1,500 anyway.
Take the 1 off the front of that number and you might be nearer he mark.  After all it's only biggleswade and I think that will put people off, regardless of the fact it's the FA Cup.  I cannot see supporters from other clubs especially those in the football league paying to watch Stourbridge v Biggleswade, I just hope that I am proved wrong afro 
You will be!

Greetings Smiler.

I won't be asking you to do my lottery numbers :-]]

TRM described you as a "Fruit Loop" for forecasting a crowd of 500 which was just a tad harsh,i'm pleased to discover their is another person in the Stourbridge area who has such a pessimistic outlook on life :-]]

What you hadn't factored in was the fact that all of Nathan's ex girlfriend's have bought a ticket because they know he's bound to be there on Saturday!
Personally I am glad to be proved wrong, and look forward to standing in a ground that is a full house. Question is which side of the ground is going to start the "Mexican Wave".

I thought it was the other way round, surely everyone else has bought a ticket just to see Nathan's Ex's Wink 

89 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 16:24

I know a chap in need of a ticket if anyone had a spare. He's a regular, certainly more regular than a lot of ticket holders I dare say!

View user profile

90 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 16:32

Aled wrote:I know a chap in need of a ticket if anyone had a spare. He's a regular, certainly more regular than a lot of ticket holders I dare say!
Check page five of this thread Aled….Don81 has two ticket's for sale mate.

View user profile

91 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 16:37

Thanks Devil.

View user profile

92 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 16:59

Aled wrote:Thanks Devil.
I sent Don a personal message to contact you Aled but you might just want to send him one yourself or ask Jack if he has an email address for him.

If you struggle to get that last ticket you need just let me know as i have a mate who might be able to help you out.

View user profile

93 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 17:11

Anyone got a spare ticket please?
Long shot, I know. Not a STH due to work commitments but get to over half home games and a few away ones each season. Travelled from home (Worcester) this morning to the ground, then the Milky Bar to find out a sell - out Sad 
Genuine fan (TRM will vouch for me hopefully). Please PM me if you have a spare one
thanks

View user profile

94 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 17:21

WorcesterWolf wrote:Anyone got a spare ticket please?
Long shot, I know. Not a STH due to work commitments but get to over half home games and a few away ones each season. Travelled from home (Worcester) this morning to the ground, then the Milky Bar to find out a sell - out Sad 
Genuine fan (TRM will vouch for me hopefully). Please PM me if you have a spare one
thanks
As per my previous post,contact Don81 off page five of this thread as he has two available.

View user profile

95 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 17:30

Devil's Advocate wrote:
WorcesterWolf wrote:Anyone got a spare ticket please?
thanks
As per my previous post,contact Don81 off page five of this thread as he has two available.
Thanks Devil. Have sent a PM (with fingers crossed!)

View user profile

96 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 18:13

Sorry about the late reply people just got in from work!! Both tickets now sold to jim

View user profile

97 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 19:50

I'll hold my hands up and say I got it wrong, thinking 1200 would be a good attendance and they'd be trying to flog them on the gate on Saturday, Roughly how many where on sale in the general sale? if I hadn't had the season ticket i'd have gone along this afternoon thinking plenty would be available, i'd have been disappointed!. I know a few who pay on the door and attend well over half the games, can't for the life of me understand why they don't have at least a half season ticket, so only themselves to blame if they have missed out!

View user profile

98 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 20:14

A good many people don't have a spare few hundred quid at the start of the season to be fair.

View user profile

99 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 20:25

Aled wrote:A good many people don't have a spare few hundred quid at the start of the season to be fair.
A few hundred?
Slight exaggeration there Aled. Wasn't it £100 for half a season ticket?
Although I do very much understand that people may not have that amount to fork out in one hit.

View user profile

100 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Wed Nov 06 2013, 20:39

I'm talking about a full season ticket tricky, that's not far shy of a few hundred quid. There are a good many can't afford that these days.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum