Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ticket details for Biggleswade

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Thu Oct 31 2013, 23:31

If the attendance for this match is announced as 1,500 then, and only then, will I be prepared to listen to any moans and groans about ticket allocation.

As Nathan says, if people are that desperate to watch Stourbridge play once a season, having obviously been life-long supporters, then they still have the chance to stump up £20 for membership or even get themselves a flexi season ticket

I am not a season ticket holder, or a member, and I drove up to Workington. Sadly I am not around for the Biggleswade game, but if I was I would be taking my chances in the "General Sale." If anybody not in the "priority list" has a right to be aggrieved at the possibility of not getting a ticket (and for my money, nobody does have that right) then I'd say I'm close to the top of the list. But I could still do either of the things in my second paragraph if I was going to be around, so where's the problem?

But it won't be 1,500 anyway.

View user profile

27 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:51

TRM wrote:But it won't be 1,500 anyway.
Take the 1 off the front of that number and you might be nearer he mark. After all it's only biggleswade and I think that will put people off, regardless of the fact it's the FA Cup. I cannot see supporters from other clubs especially those in the football league paying to watch Stourbridge v Biggleswade, I just hope that I am proved wrong afro 

28 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:52

sirsmilerIII wrote:
TRM wrote:But it won't be 1,500 anyway.
Take the 1 off the front of that number and you might be nearer he mark.  After all it's only biggleswade and I think that will put people off, regardless of the fact it's the FA Cup.  I cannot see supporters from other clubs especially those in the football league paying to watch Stourbridge v Biggleswade, I just hope that I am proved wrong afro 

You will be!

View user profile

29 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:57

Smiler - if you think we're only going to get 500 for this game then you're a fruit loop!

We had 633 when it was "only" Curzon Ashton and "only" the Third Qualifying Round!

View user profile

30 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Fri Nov 01 2013, 21:02

TRM wrote:Smiler - if you think we're only going to get 500 for this game then you're a fruit loop!

We had 633 when it was "only" Curzon Ashton and "only" the Third Qualifying Round!

"Fruit loop"………LOL.

View user profile

31 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Fri Nov 01 2013, 21:30

According to Biggleswade's website they're selling their 225 tickets on a "First come, first served" basis. I can't find any mention on there of season ticket prices, so perhaps they don't do season tickets?

Oh to have such a simple system!

View user profile

32 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Sun Nov 03 2013, 12:17

Good to see the club giving a free bacon sandwich with every ticket sold this morning.

Or was it just that Jim nicked one off the chairman's plate!!?

Good to see a steady flow of people down there getting their ticket's early.

"Kerching time" once again.

View user profile

33 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Sun Nov 03 2013, 13:06

Can't see the Chairman being careless enough to let a bacon sandwich slip from his grasp!

View user profile

34 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Sun Nov 03 2013, 13:15

TRM wrote:Can't see the Chairman being careless enough to let a bacon sandwich slip from his grasp!

I was actually offered his last one TRM……………i'm not sure he's be so generous with his last Rolo or pint though!

View user profile

35 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Sun Nov 03 2013, 13:15

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Can't see the Chairman being careless enough to let a bacon sandwich slip from his grasp!
I was actually offered his last one TRM……………i'm not sure he'd be so generous with his last Rolo or pint though!

View user profile

36 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Sun Nov 03 2013, 18:44

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Smiler - if you think we're only going to get 500 for this game then you're a fruit loop!

"Fruit loop"………LOL.
There's always someone who has to state the bleedin' obvious, only "Fruit Loop" doesn't sound right so try "Fruit & Nut Case" instead Wink 

I know I will be proved completely wrong. All I was saying is that some people might be put off because of the team we are playing as they are not a big club, just another from our own league.

If I really knew what I was talking about, I wouldn't bother speaking lol! 

37 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 10:49

Has anyone heard when tickets will be on sale to the general public?

View user profile

38 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 10:57

A repost of the previous message has just been posted on the Facebook page, reiterating that there is another sales window for ST holders/members/Workington travellers etc tonight. No word yet on general sales, despite all the people chuntering about it on the page.

I've tried suggesting they pay £20 for a membership and buy a ticket tonight, but to no avail.

Some people just like moaning, clearly!

View user profile

39 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:22

stour_boy wrote:A repost of the previous message has just been posted on the Facebook page, reiterating that there is another sales window for ST holders/members/Workington travellers etc tonight. No word yet on general sales, despite all the people chuntering about it on the page.

I've tried suggesting they pay £20 for a membership and buy a ticket tonight, but to no avail.

I believe the club have handled this just right SB,quite right that the regular's have until tonight to claim their ticket/s.

Lets be honest about this,there will very probably be cash sales on the day for this tie.

I do wonder how much demand there would be if it was a "double ticket price" of £20 for an adult that gave you access to the next home league game?

View user profile

40 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:26

Devil's Advocate wrote:
stour_boy wrote:A repost of the previous message has just been posted on the Facebook page, reiterating that there is another sales window for ST holders/members/Workington travellers etc tonight. No word yet on general sales, despite all the people chuntering about it on the page.

I believe the club have handled this just right SB,quite right that the regular's have until tonight to claim their ticket/s.

Lets be honest about this,there will very probably be cash sales on the day for this tie.

I do wonder how much demand there would be if it was a "double ticket price" of £20 for an adult that gave you access to the next home league game?
I guess it's difficult to say when the next home game will be, given all the postponements etc. If people won't pay £20 for a membership to get advance ticket sales plus all the benefits of membership, I wouldn't have thought they would have been interested in any other offer.

Totally agree the club have handled this well, although they could have responded to individual comments on the FB page as I have tried to do. As was the case for the Stevenage game, I am not aware of any regular fan who will struggle to get a ticket for this game, as the club do know faces and names and will sort something out for those in need, as happened for the Stevenage game.

As it happens this game is of a lower profile because it's an all-SLP tie so tickets will probably be easier to come by so why all the supposed loyal fans are jumping out of the woodwork to have a moan again is beyond me.

View user profile

41 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:59

...and some people on facebook are wind up merchants.Rolling Eyes 

View user profile

42 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 14:42

Biggleswade twitter reporting that they only have 60 tickets left.

View user profile

43 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 14:43

TRM wrote:Biggleswade twitter reporting that they only have 60 tickets left.

Wow,the town will be closed for the day.

View user profile

44 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 15:03

TRM wrote:Biggleswade twitter reporting that they only have 60 tickets left.
They are drinking in The Duke pre-match if anyone wants a bit of pre-match banter with them.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

45 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 20:24

Just back from the ground, despite being clearly stated season tickets/members/ Workington coach only there where still a few there trying to to get their hands on one! the women on the desk was told "get someone in authority here" and "I ain't coming back tomorrow". No? well sod off then was the response I thought about giving, settled for silently gliding past and pointedly holding the tickets for him to see as I went out, to leave him to wait for "someone in authority"!

It's fairly obvious general sale will be from tomorrow I think, although It would have helped for the club to state this from the off.

View user profile

46 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 20:46

oldhillglassboy wrote:Just back from the ground, despite being clearly stated season tickets/members/ Workington coach only there where still a few there trying to to get their hands on one! the women on the desk was told "get someone in authority here" and "I ain't coming back tomorrow".  No? well sod off then was the response I thought about giving, settled for silently gliding past and pointedly holding the tickets for him to see as I went out, to leave him to wait for "someone in authority"!

It's fairly obvious general sale will be from tomorrow I think, although It would have helped for the club to state this from the off.
Obviously desperate to see the game, then! I would have told him he wouldn't be getting a ticket at all costs! Personally I would have every non-priority "supporter" who wants to see the game handed a 10-question quiz on the recent history of the club - say the last five years - when they join the queue for general sale (whenever that happens). If they get less than five out of ten then they ain't getting a ticket. That should sort the wheat from the chaff!

More seriously, I'm reluctant to criticize the club and I agree that everything that has been done with the allocation has been spot on in terms of who has had priority. But one or two little things could (once again) have been done just a little bit better, and largely it comes down to communication and foreseeing where any likely problems would occur.

Then again, we all know that there are people in this World, such as OHG describes above, who think that everything should be arranged for their sole benefit and NOTHING the club could do would ever satisfy them..

View user profile

47 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 21:50

TRM wrote:
oldhillglassboy wrote:Just back from the ground, despite being clearly stated season tickets/members/ Workington coach only there where still a few there trying to to get their hands on one! the women on the desk was told "get someone in authority here" and "I ain't coming back tomorrow".  No? well sod off then was the response I thought about giving, settled for silently gliding past and pointedly holding the tickets for him to see as I went out, to leave him to wait for "someone in authority"!

Obviously desperate to see the game, then! I would have told him he wouldn't be getting a ticket at all costs! Personally I would have every non-priority "supporter" who wants to see the game handed a 10-question quiz on the recent history of the club - say the last five years - when they join the queue for general sale (whenever that happens). If they get less than five out of ten then they ain't getting a ticket. That should sort the wheat from the chaff!

More seriously, I'm reluctant to criticize the club and I agree that everything that has been done with the allocation has been spot on in terms of who has had priority. But one or two little things could (once again) have been done just a little bit better, and largely it comes down to communication and foreseeing where any likely problems would occur.

Then again, we all know that there are people in this World, such as OHG describes above, who think that everything should be arranged for their sole benefit and NOTHING the club could do would ever satisfy them..
Something that was mentioned by TRM during the last cup run bears repeating here. The club have no full-time employees. Apart from the managerial and playing staff nobody gets paid, everyone has to fit running the club around their work/family commitments - I remember Nigel updating the website at all hours in the run-up to Stevenage. Perhaps if some of those who complain about every tiny mistake and inconvenience offered to lend a hand then the mistakes wouldn't be made and they might even make sure they can get a ticket themselves.

View user profile

48 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 22:06

Whoever this obnoxious git was should simply be banned from attending.

It's unacceptable that people giving up their own spare time to help the club should be spoken to in this way.

I hope "the person in authority" showed them the door and told them not to bother coming back.

It's in print in simple English,"season ticket holder's and membership holder's on Sunday and Monday"…..do these simpleton's need the instruction's stamped onto their foreheads ffs?

View user profile

49 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 23:30

dave w wrote:
TRM wrote:

Something that was mentioned by TRM during the last cup run bears repeating here. The club have no full-time employees. Apart from the managerial and playing staff nobody gets paid, everyone has to fit running the club around their work/family commitments - I remember Nigel updating the website at all hours in the run-up to Stevenage. Perhaps if some of those who complain about every tiny mistake and inconvenience offered to lend a hand then the mistakes wouldn't be made and they might even make sure they can get a ticket themselves.
Well said Dave, I have had grief from people who couldn't get on the players coach on Saturday. Yes you have guessed it they have never been on the team coach before.

Absolute classic comment on the official facebook page "When do tickets go on sale to people who go to every home game, bur aren't season ticket holders or members" Well if you are in that category you must be fcukin stupid or have more money than sense.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

50 Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade on Mon Nov 04 2013, 23:37

If you go to every game you must also be pretty daft to think there's any chance of selling out before the general sale.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum