You are not connected. Please login or register

Chippenham away.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Chippenham away. on Tue Oct 29 2013, 21:56

Hackett outttttt!

View user profile

27 Re: Chippenham away. on Tue Oct 29 2013, 22:10

Sheesh, this always happens in games I can't get to! I missed the 10-0 at Wednesfield due to work commitments.

Ah well.

View user profile

28 Re: Chippenham away. on Tue Oct 29 2013, 22:46

What a superb evening....great banter with the stour fans but I'm too scared to talk about most of it.
Over to you Devil and Nath.

View user profile

29 Re: Chippenham away. on Tue Oct 29 2013, 23:00

Shoddy Glassboys.... fancy slacking off!!!!

From their forum........

"We would have got hammered even with 11 players on the pitch as Stourbridge are a quality team and if they hadn't relaxed for long periods in the second half they would have been way into double figures."

I hate 9-5 jobs! Grrrrrr!

View user profile

30 Re: Chippenham away. on Tue Oct 29 2013, 23:43

fantastic, another reason to do more away games as mentioned on the other thread. A few Kiddy supporters told me this on the station tonight and I thought I was being wound up, wishing Rowe had been able to do it for them! myself and others had to come away during extra time of a pulsating FA cup replay to avoid being stranded after Bradford Park Avenue only arrived at the ground at 8.00 and kicked off 15 minutes later, coach broke down on Hagley Road! it made no difference, they where superb and probably should have won about 6-3 over 90 minutes and it somehow ended 0-0!

View user profile

31 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 00:14

I've been watching football for 41 years now,tonight was one of the best night's out i have experienced at a match be that Albion or Stour.

Great company in my car with Brock,Baz,Nath and Tricky which made the 200 miles fly by and a superb Stour performance,some stunning goals and some of the finest comedy moments in the history of football supplied by Chippenham's defence and goalkeeper.......pure gold in fact.

Their keeper actually pulled off a few blinding saves,without him it would have ended 15-0.

At the end he sat dejected on the ground for minutes after his team left the pitch but even he raised a smile when i told him not to put his head in his hand's or he'd drop it!

A good performance by so many players,Sean "Petal" Geddes deserves a mention,"Petal",thanks to one of his workmates for that piece of information about our diminutive midfielder.

I gave man of the match to Rowey for his goals,i could in fairness have given it to anyone but Dean Coleman!

I have to say that the backing Stour got tonight was tremendous and i'm sure the lads appreciate it,i would estimate 30-40 travelling fan's plus club official's and the vocal backing was excellent........and very funny,the "Hackett out" and "Sack the board" chants at 9-0 were a fine choice.

For the lad's to get themselves up for this match after a tough trip to Workington says a lot about them as individual's and to Gary,Fordy and Cliff for getting them motivated,well done to everyone concerned.

Great to see Ben Billingham at the match as well and in good spirits,shame about his "Smurf" hat though,i shall obviously need to steer him towards more "cutting edge" styling such as i wear!

Well done to the team,management and fan's,this was one quality night out.

View user profile

32 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 06:46

Hmmmmm....the least said about your headwear the better I think Devil.
Many thanks for the lift,very much appreciated indeed.(oh to be a freeloader Very Happy )

Best song of the night....
"He's frightened of flies,he's frightened of flies,Sean Geddes is frightened of flies"
His poor face was a picture and watching the bench crack up was superb.

Sean "the petal" Geddes got ny man of the match, I thought he was superb the whole game.

View user profile

33 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 08:55

Quality night and great company,winning does raise our spirits,football was good to.

View user profile

34 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 09:37

Jack

Admin
The thing about last night was, even with 11 men on the pitch we'd have won. You could just tell that the boys were up for it. Both red cards where red cards, so they can have no complaints, having said that, what their defender was doing for the second one I don't know!
All the goals apart from the first and last goal were very good finishes, Sean's 2nd and Luke's 2nd in particular. Everyone played well. Andre was excellent at right back and for the first time we got to saw what Washbourne was all about and he does look very promising! 3 more points and a nice boost to the GD

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

35 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 11:14

I expected us to win, but that was some result! The chimes of Tricky's text messages on my phone were a marvellous accompaniment to dinner in our posh hotel! Great stuff - now let's keep the momentum going on Saturday!

View user profile

36 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 12:44

What a way to catch up on the league leaders goal difference :-)

I hope they recorded that one as normally do as i'd like to see the highlights!

View user profile

37 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 15:18

Chippenham fan's not happy with their ream or management,here's a snippet off their forum,

"What an embarrassment! Here we are, a semi professional football club at Step 3 of the Pyramid, and the Board sanction him to go on a p*ss up to Egypt for his 40th birthday! You really could not make it up.

Bideford last season was bad enough at 7-0, but we have now become a laughing stock"

For what it's worth i thought their nine men worked their nut's off and gave their all.

View user profile

38 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 19:14

Thought we played really well and even when they had 11 on the field we pulled them apart time after time. Good to see George show flashes of what he is capable of, but I did think he over elaborated at times. When he kept it simple and took on defender , went past him and crossed he looked a good player.
Agreed, they never stopped running and their keeper made some fine saves.
On that kind of form we are a match for any team in our division and the players must be full of confidence whoever we play.
The support as usual was excellent and must help the players raise their game.

Ryan won MotM with 11 votes, Sean received 8 and George 2.
Andy Hill won the Wine.

View user profile

39 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 19:23

What another amazing memorable night following Stour! We've had some great nights on the road, the Kendal away 6-0, Hucknall Town away 6-1,Hednesford away 3-2 spring immediately to mind but last night was truely wonderful. Again,as at Workington on Saturday,our support was world class. The banter was brilliant throughout,you could really feel a connection with the players and managment and the support. When the 5 of us on Devil tours walked into the bar half hour before kick off,we were astounded at the number of the travelling contingent. To take 40 down to Chippenham on a cold Tuesday night,just 3 days after the marathon trek to Workington was remarkable.

As said by earlier posters,we would have thrashed them even against 11 men. The air of confidence and free flowing football was a vivid reminder of our style and swagger of the Autumn's of 2009 and 2011. We played the 9 men perfectly. Played with composure,kept the ball,didn't attempt to rush the ball forward. At half time I said that the possession football we were playing would eventually tire the 9 men of chippenham. They were chasing shadows and it was only a matter of time before the floodgates opened. I honestly believe had we played an extra 15 min,we would have scored 15! Bring on Mickleover!

As Devil said,it was wonderful to see Ben Billingham there. It wasn't just Ben but his Mom,Dad and Uncle too. Great support to travel even though Ben wasn't playing.

View user profile

40 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 20:17

Great performance. Three points on the board and it improves the goal difference.

Thought George did well and the team looked better balanced than when Jordan plays.

I agree that George over elaborated at times but to pick him out surprises me. How many times does Luke look for another player when he has the ball. Yes strikers are greedy but its a team game.

One thing to say is that even though I think Luke is greedy at times it was the best game I have seen Luke and Ryan trying to combine asa partnership.

View user profile

41 Re: Chippenham away. on Wed Oct 30 2013, 20:28

Didn't mean to pick on George by any means, it was merely meant as an observation given that this was the first time that I have seen him play a full game for ages. Agree with what you say about Luke and Ryan, they certainly appear to be developing into a good partnership.

View user profile

42 Re: Chippenham away. on Thu Oct 31 2013, 12:57

BBC article on the sacking of the Chippenham manager with a bit about the game too.

View user profile

43 Re: Chippenham away. on Thu Oct 31 2013, 22:48

Nathan Gulliver wrote:What another amazing memorable night following Stour! We've had some great nights on the road, the Kendal away 6-0, Hucknall Town away 6-1,Hednesford away 3-2 spring immediately to mind but last night was truely wonderful. Again,as at Workington on Saturday,our support was world class. The banter was brilliant throughout,you could really feel a connection with the players and managment and the support. When the 5 of us on Devil tours walked into the bar half hour before kick off,we were astounded at the number of the travelling contingent. To take 40 down to Chippenham on a cold Tuesday night,just 3 days after the marathon trek to Workington was remarkable.

As said by earlier posters,we would have thrashed them even against 11 men. The air of confidence and free flowing football was a vivid reminder of our style and swagger of the Autumn's of 2009 and 2011. We played the 9 men perfectly. Played with composure,kept the ball,didn't attempt to rush the ball forward. At half time I said that the possession football we were playing would eventually tire the 9 men of chippenham. They were chasing shadows and it was only a matter of time before the floodgates opened. I honestly believe had we played an extra 15 min,we would have scored 15! Bring on Mickleover!

As Devil said,it was wonderful to see Ben Billingham there. It wasn't just Ben but his Mom,Dad and Uncle too. Great support to travel even though Ben wasn't playing.
Agree with the comparison with 2009 and especially 2011, Nathan. I can remember thinking earlier this season after games like the defeats at home to Chippenham and away to Hungerford that perhaps that was "it". Autumn 2011 was as good as it was ever going to get. Because it happens to all clubs - success doesn't last for ever, as DA has pointed out elsewhere. So watching some of the games over the last few weeks has indeed been reminiscent of those times.

However, we mustn't lose sight of the bigger picture - after the 2011 Cup run it took time for the players to recover physically and mentally. We had a poor run over that winter, a lot of players dipped below their usual standards and ultimately it probably cost us a play-off place. That's not being critical - it was maybe inevitable that something like that would happen.

The thing is we need to have learned from that so that if we lose to Biggleswade, or in the Second Round, or whenever, it doesn't derail our season. Hope that's not introducing too much negativity - but in life you always have to plan for all possibilities so that you don't get any nasty shocks.

Nathan - I'm pleased you mention the 3-2 at Hednesford. That one often gets overlooked, but I'd say it was one of our best performances and results away from home in the last five years.

View user profile

44 Re: Chippenham away. on Thu Oct 31 2013, 22:53

Jack

Admin
Always will remember Ryan's late winner that night!

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

45 Re: Chippenham away. on Fri Nov 01 2013, 11:55

Links to match report, video and photos via Chippenham's website...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chippenhamtown/news/chippenham-town-v-stourbridge-1083348.html

View user profile

46 Re: Chippenham away. on Fri Nov 01 2013, 19:21

Jack wrote:Always will remember Ryan's late winner that night!
I was having a piss, heard a roar and assumed we'd lost. Then when I came out 1 of their fans said "you missed a goal and some1 on the pitch" at that stage I knew we'd won it as only our brother is daft enough to go on the pitch. Also slipped over on some ice and knacekered my ankle. Wankers

View user profile

47 Re: Chippenham away. on Sat Nov 02 2013, 23:06

Thanks to Nigel for the updates although it jumped from 6 to 9, presumably to save his phone bill! Laughing 

View user profile

48 Re: Chippenham away. on Sun Nov 03 2013, 14:11

NickSFCB wrote:
Jack wrote:Always will remember Ryan's late winner that night!
I was having a piss, heard a roar and assumed we'd lost. Then when I came out 1 of their fans said "you missed a goal and some1 on the pitch" at that stage I knew we'd won it as only our brother is daft enough to go on the pitch. Also slipped over on some ice and knacekered my ankle. Wankers
One of the games I really regret missing. Sounds like a cracking night - well, any win against Hednesford would be, can't stand them.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum