View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:40

Sunday, ITV 1, 1.30pm, ball 55.

Non-league teams in the hat:

Macclesfield Town
Hednesford Town
Grimsby Town
Worcester City/Lincoln City
Bradford Park Avenue/Kidderminster Harriers (playing Sunday 27th at 3pm)
Wrexham
Stourbridge
Southport
Corby Town
Tamworth
FC Halifax Town
Alfreton Town
Brackley Town/Barrow
Gateshead
Hemel Hempstead Town/Sutton United
Hereford United
Ebbsfleet United/Dartford
Barnet
St Albans City
Dover Athletic
Boreham Wood
Salisbury City
Gloucester City
Braintree Town
Bishops Stortford
Cambridge United
Biggleswade Town
Shortwood United/Aldershot Town
Luton Town
Welling United
Daventry Town
Staines Town/Poole Town

View user profile

2 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 21:41

Some winnable ones in there, and some you wouldn't fancy. Let's remember though that in the three 'proper' ties we've had we've been drawn against league opposition every time, and two of them were the best ties you could have wished for. We're due a Pretend Conference away or similar.

View user profile

3 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:08

I was only saying the same thing today. We've had our luck with the draw so I'm not getting carried away about drawing Wolves or Coventry.

Stour are ball no 55, by the way.

View user profile

4 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:36

Wolves away for the finances would be fantastic,sure to be a TV game and 5000+ away following due to all the Albion fan's buying tickets.

Daventry at home would be one of the easiest potential ties we could hope for but i wouldn't want Cov as their fan's will not support them at Northampton so the crowd would be crap yet they are a very good side.

Luton or Portsmouth away or dare i say Plymouth again would be on my list,i hope we avoid Hednesford though because i foresee trouble home or away against them,Nathan will need to wear a disguise if it's away.

View user profile

5 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:59

Devil's Advocate wrote:Wolves away for the finances would be fantastic,sure to be a TV game and 5000+ away following due to all the Albion fan's buying tickets.

Daventry at home would be one of the easiest potential ties we could hope for but i wouldn't want Cov as their fan's will not support them at Northampton so the crowd would be crap yet they are a very good side.

Luton or Portsmouth away or dare i say Plymouth again would be on my list,i hope we avoid Hednesford though because i foresee trouble home or away against them,Nathan will need to wear a disguise if it's away.
Would you really want to be part of 5,000 Stour 'supporters'? Plymouth away was strange enough.

View user profile

6 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 23:09

dave w wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Wolves away for the finances would be fantastic,sure to be a TV game and 5000+ away following due to all the Albion fan's buying tickets.

Would you really want to be part of 5,000 Stour 'supporters'? Plymouth away was strange enough.
Okay,let's just take 150 to Wolves!

I want Stour to earn enough from the next match to set them up for Skrill football,for once if it involves 4000+ "plastics" i'll just say f--- it and put up with it on this occasion.

View user profile

7 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 23:16

Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:

I want Stour to earn enough from the next match to set them up for Skrill football,for once if it involves 4000+ "plastics" i'll just say f--- it and put up with it on this occasion.
I'm not sure that particular scenario would be worth it.

View user profile

8 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 23:18

dave w wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:

Why?

View user profile

9 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 23:46

Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:

Why?

A couple of thousand Albion supporters travelling to Wolves with us...

View user profile

10 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sat Oct 26 2013, 23:51

dave w wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:

Why?

A couple of thousand Albion supporters travelling to Wolves with us...
I'm an Albion fan who watches Stour,i shared a car today with two other Albion/Stour supporter's and spoke to a few more at the game.

Plenty of Albion/Villa supporter's who don't normally watch non league will just love the chance to see us give Wolves a bloody nose.

I don't expect the 3000-4000 Woking fan's watching them at Albion in the 90's were all Woking diehard"s!

The bigger the crowd the more the Stour cut so a 15,000-20,000 gate at Wolves plus TV money etc could set Stour up for the next level which is what i want to see.

View user profile

11 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 00:10

TBH if we draw Wolves away I very much doubt that it will be a TV game - they don't tend to go for non-league teams playing away to FL teams.

View user profile

12 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 00:12

Please let it not be Hednesford or Brackley/Barrow, I'd take almost anything else. Ideally I'd like either anyone apart from the aforementioned at home, or League One/Two away. As mentioned though it may be our turn for a Boreham Wood away or whatever.

To be honest I'm more concerned right now about the fact it's the day after my girlfriends 21st (assuming we play on the Saturday).

Regarding the above I can see Wolves home being on TV but not Wolves away, and I also think that the part timers/plastics/idiots who turned up for Stevenage and to a lesser extent Walsall and Plymouth will turn up anyway. As long as all of the regulars get enough tickets then it doesn't bother me if they do come even though I enjoy Amblecote with 250 in just as much as 2500.

View user profile

13 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 00:23

Anybody at home or a big club away, Sheffield United please! as much as i'd like to think playing Wolves would be great, home or away there would be trouble I fear.

View user profile

14 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 10:09

I'd only ever been to two Stourbridge league games before getting a ticket for Stevenage a few years back. If that makes me a plastic, I couldn't care less. From those first games that I went to, I'm now going to more games and that can only be good for the club.

View user profile

15 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 10:58

Devil's Advocate wrote:I'm an Albion fan who watches Stour,i shared a car today with two other Albion/Stour supporter's and spoke to a few more at the game.

Plenty of Albion/Villa supporter's who don't normally watch non league will just love the chance to see us give Wolves a bloody nose.

I don't expect the 3000-4000 Woking fan's watching them at Albion in the 90's were all Woking diehard"s!

The bigger the crowd the more the Stour cut so a 15,000-20,000 gate at Wolves plus TV money etc could set Stour up for the next level which is what i want to see.
Albion, or any other, fans wanting to watch Stour to support us is fine. The more the merrier. Albion, or any other, fans going to a Stour match because they want to incite/abuse/cause problems with the opposition is a potential problem. I was at Villa when Gravesend played there in 1996 and they brought about 6,000 with them. The majority were great and enjoyed their day out but there were also some West Ham/Spurs fans who were right pains.

View user profile

16 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 11:08

dave w wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I'm an Albion fan who watches Stour,i shared a car today with two other Albion/Stour supporter's and spoke to a few more at the game.

Albion, or any other, fans wanting to watch Stour to support us is fine. The more the merrier. Albion, or any other, fans going to a Stour match because they want to incite/abuse/cause problems with the opposition is a potential problem. I was at Villa when Gravesend played there in 1996 and they brought about 6,000 with them. The majority were great and enjoyed their day out but there were also some West Ham/Spurs fans who were right pains.  
affraid  Rolling Eyes 

View user profile

17 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:05

good chance i'll get to bump that second round draw thread tongue

View user profile

18 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:07

Jack

Admin
Cheers for that. That's us out!
It will be tough, but we've got to fancy ourselves to be able to do the job. They will raise their game, but I'd also expect us to do exactly the same.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

19 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:08

Who did we get?

View user profile

20 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:09

stour_boy wrote:Who did we get?
Biggleswade...bum!!

View user profile

21 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:10

Winnable if a tad boring!
Jack and I sat going ' We'll have them' or 'No, we dont want them' and the relief was very apparent as we escaped Hednesford!! Overall from a footballing point of view I think we have got to be pleased and if we play how we can then there is no reason why we cant win. Smile

View user profile

22 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:16

Jane.N wrote:Winnable if a tad boring!
Jack and I sat going ' We'll have them' or 'No, we dont want them' and the relief was very apparent as we escaped Hednesford!! Overall from a footballing point of view I think we have got to be pleased and if we play how we can then there is no reason why we cant win. Smile
There wasn't many "easier" teams to draw to be honest and that's no disrespect to them,they'll feel the same way about us.

Avoiding Hednesford was a relief but still being in the draw with Wolves so late on does leave a feeling of disappointment in many ways but a victory,second round draw and prize money would soon get me over that.

View user profile

23 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:20

My first reaction was one of disappointment, but we want to go further than before and so maybe we have to put up with a couple of less exciting ties and hopefully win them and get to the 3rd round! Very Happy 
The downside is that it would be awful to be knocked out by someone at our level!

View user profile

24 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:25

Not the glamour tie that everyone was hoping for, but at least it's at home which can only be a positive. It should be a game which we can win but obviously their league position doesn't count for anything as this is the cup, and if they were completely rubbish then they wouldn't have been in the draw for the 1st round.

All we can do is get loads of support behind us making as much noise as possible, and hope that it stays dry jocolor 

25 Re: First Round Proper draw on Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:33

With regards to the marketing of the Biggleswade cup match i do hope the club are smart when it comes to this.

I'd like to see a voucher system used for this match so that fan's who do attend it are guaranteed a ticket should we get drawn at home in any second round match and that voucher holders along with season ticket holder's are given preference not only in the case of a home draw but also favoured if tickets are limited for any away draw.

It would be great if they can bring 200-300 to the match but we need to make sure the less regular supporter's really get behind this match so that we can get a 2000+ gate and maximise our earning potential from it.

I can't see any reason we can't reach our normal capacity ( without added seating ) if the club is canny and innovative in the way they market this match.

I hope the commercial push starts immediately,we need the ground buzzing on the day.

It's 112 miles to Biggleswade by the way :-]]

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum