Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Songs old and new

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:40

The Bar Steward at Chippenham said the support we had that day was a credit to our club. Not a hint of trouble. Its not as if these newer'barmy llama' fans are a bunch of tearaway youths,they are all late 30's,40's and even pushing 50's. Many actually attend with their wives and kids. Its great to see.

View user profile

52 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:50

Nathan Gulliver wrote:The Bar Steward at Chippenham said the support we had that day was a credit to our club. Not a hint of trouble. Its not as if these newer'barmy llama' fans are a bunch of tearaway  youths,they are all late 30's,40's and even pushing 50's. Many actually attend with their wives and kids. Its great to see.

Might be safer if they left their wives at home eh Nath :-]]

View user profile

53 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:59

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
StourLeedsMark wrote:There was at least two of us on their coach to Chipp that went to almost every home game last season and the one before plus half a dozen away matches. There were at least two others that go to every home game work permitting. The head llama goes to almost every home game work permitting. There were several others on the coach that go regularly. There was also Nathan.

I don't get the llama thing either but I don't think it should be discouraged.

I'm a recent addition to the red army but even l got a bit sniffy over the 'stourbridge til l die' lot at the Corby game encroaching on my standing spot in the shed that id never seen before.

I will be taking my full drum kit to workington. I can provide guitars and a banjo if anyone is interested.
Just to confirm everything StourLeedsMark  has mentioned in the above post, the vast majority on the Chippenham coach do indeed attend every home game. They also put more money over the bar on one single matchday than 80% of Stour fans do in a season. A number are season ticket holders. The ones that aren't give the club more money in one way or another than a lot of regulars who just turn up 5 min before kick off and bugger off straight after.
What I'm saying is that we are ALL Stourbridge, it's our town,our club,however different we show our support. We are all in it together. A good many of the newer members of our support are disillusioned supporters of local league clubs,just like I was back in 2004. Every single person who gives their time and money to follow Stour should be welcomed with open arms. We are very proud of our town and our club and let's hope our numbers both home and away continue to grow.
That would be me then!! I do not drink and therefore dont see the point in hanging around and no offence to the club / bar cos its the same everywhere but I do object to the over priced soft drinks when I live 5 minutes from home. So although I leave straight after a game I wouldnt necessarily call it 'buggering off home!' I have a husband who works away all week and I quite like spending time with my family as well!! I do however always buy raffle tickets and Motm tickets, attend AGM meetings, go to most away ganmes ( not as many this season due to circumstances) and help out whenever needed.
Love seeing new faces - I indeed have introduced new fans (for my sins in some cases!!Razz )

All I said was ' please not the barmy llama chants....... geez! Laughing 

View user profile

54 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:07

I'll be the sin then...Neutral 

You live five minutes from home?? How does that work?Very Happy 

View user profile

55 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:09

Jane.N wrote: I indeed have introduced new fans (for my sins in some cases!!Razz )

You have a lot to answer for Jane introducing that Tricky Tree character to Stour. ;-)

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

56 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:09

You beat me to it Tricky lol

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

57 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:14

Thats what happens when you post a rant!! Very Happy 

View user profile

58 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:15

Jane.N wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:
StourLeedsMark wrote:There was at least two of us on their coach to Chipp that went to almost every home game last season and the one before plus half a dozen away matches. There were at least two others that go to every home game work permitting. The head llama goes to almost every home game work permitting. There were several others on the coach that go regularly. There was also Nathan.

I'm a recent addition to the red army but even l got a bit sniffy over the 'stourbridge til l die' lot at the Corby game encroaching on my standing spot in the shed that id never seen before.

I will be taking my full drum kit to workington. I can provide guitars and a banjo if anyone is interested.
Just to confirm everything StourLeedsMark  has mentioned in the above post, the vast majority on the Chippenham coach do indeed attend every home game. They also put more money over the bar on one single matchday than 80% of Stour fans do in a season. A number are season ticket holders. The ones that aren't give the club more money in one way or another than a lot of regulars who just turn up 5 min before kick off and bugger off straight after.
What I'm saying is that we are ALL Stourbridge, it's our town,our club,however different we show our support. We are all in it together. A good many of the newer members of our support are disillusioned supporters of local league clubs,just like I was back in 2004. Every single person who gives their time and money to follow Stour should be welcomed with open arms. We are very proud of our town and our club and let's hope our numbers both home and away continue to grow.
That would be me then!! I do not drink and therefore dont see the point in hanging around and no offence to the club / bar cos its the same everywhere but I do object to the over priced soft drinks when I live 5 minutes from home. So although I leave straight after a game I wouldnt necessarily call it 'buggering off home!' I have a husband who works away all week and I quite like spending time with my family as well!! I do however always buy raffle tickets and Motm tickets, attend AGM meetings, go to most away ganmes ( not as many this season due to circumstances) and help out whenever needed.
Love seeing new faces - I indeed have introduced new fans (for my sins in some cases!!Razz )

"Gamnes" Jane ffs ;-]]

Having a bad night tonight eh!?

View user profile

59 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:16

Yeah spotted that one too! See above post!! Anyway this is way past my bedtime - just get drawn into such debates.......Wink 

View user profile

60 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:26

My post earlier wasn't in anyway meant to be critical of any of our support who don't use the bar,I was just trying to relay to everyone who may not be familiar with these newer supporters that they are very genuinely Stour fans and are in attendance on a regular basis,not just appearing for a big match. As I said,we are all in it together and we all support Stour in whatever way we can.

View user profile

61 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:31

Nathan Gulliver wrote:My post earlier wasn't in anyway meant to be critical of any of our support who don't use the bar,I was just trying to relay to everyone who may not be familiar with these newer supporters that they are very genuinely Stour fans and are in attendance on a regular basis,not just appearing for a big match. As I said,we are all in it together and we all support Stour in whatever way we can.
Hmmmmm Rolling Eyes 

View user profile

62 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:47

Just for the record - looking back. I don't think anyone questioned whether they were regulars at Amblecote. It is obvious by our rise in numbers that we have picked up more fans - long may it continue. Smile 

View user profile

63 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:54

Jane.N wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:My post earlier wasn't in anyway meant to be critical of any of our support who don't use the bar,I was just trying to relay to everyone who may not be familiar with these newer supporters that they are very genuinely Stour fans and are in attendance on a regular basis,not just appearing for a big match. As I said,we are all in it together and we all support Stour in whatever way we can.
Hmmmmm Rolling Eyes 

Which bit are you hmmmmming about Jane?

View user profile

64 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 22:57

Your hmmm was longer than mine Smile ,but mine was at the 'regular supporters who turn up 5 minutes before and then bugger off straight after the game ' as not being a dig!! Razz 

View user profile

65 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 23:01

Jane.N wrote:Your hmmm was longer than mine Smile ,but mine was at the 'regular supporters who turn up 5 minutes before and then bugger off straight after the game ' as not being a dig!! Razz 
Wrong....both had five m's.

I must be ahead of TRM by now?

View user profile

66 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 23:04

Bloody hell you are right.Laughing . Nathans looks much longer ( pause for people to insert filth in their minds;) ) than mine. It must be the 'ing' that makes it look so much longer. Took me a while to count them as they all blurred into one!

View user profile

67 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 23:11

Jane.N wrote:Your hmmm was longer than mine Smile ,but mine was at the 'regular supporters who turn up 5 minutes before and then bugger off straight after the game ' as not being a dig!! Razz 
It wasn't a dig Jane,I promise you. I think I said about 80% of our fans rarely,if ever,spend any money in the bar. That doesn't make them any less or any more of a supporter than one who spends £500 in the bar every season but who doesn't watch us at as many away games.

By the way,I thought my hmmmmm was longer too Jane!

View user profile

68 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 23:17

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
It wasn't a dig Jane,I promise you. I think I said about 80% of our fans rarely,if ever,spend any money in the bar. That doesn't make them any less or any more of a supporter than one who spends £500 in the bar every season but who doesn't watch us at as many away games.

By the way,I thought my hmmmmm was longer too Jane!
I don't drink alcohol,possibly the main reason i retain my "boyish" look's and temple like body but i do now spend £2 per match on cups of tea now the facilities are outside the bar area.

By the way,the "jobs worth" who decided that the food and drink would have to be purchased from separate hatches really does need a slap.

View user profile

69 Re: Songs old and new on Thu Oct 24 2013, 13:28

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Jane.N wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:

"Gamnes" Jane ffs ;-]]

Having a bad night tonight eh!?

Devil.....Jane actually put ganmes not gamnes...so you even managed to cock up pointing out her mistake...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum