Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Songs old and new

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 11:31

Dont forget they'll have their 'Against Modern Football' flag Mad Embarassed 

View user profile

27 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 11:52

I believe many of the 'Llamas' will be in attendance this Saturday. There was a full turn out at Evesham too.

View user profile

28 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 14:50

There was at least two of us on their coach to Chipp that went to almost every home game last season and the one before plus half a dozen away matches. There were at least two others that go to every home game work permitting. The head llama goes to almost every home game work permitting. There were several others on the coach that go regularly. There was also Nathan.

I don't get the llama thing either but I don't think it should be discouraged.

I'm a recent addition to the red army but even l got a bit sniffy over the 'stourbridge til l die' lot at the Corby game encroaching on my standing spot in the shed that id never seen before.

I will be taking my full drum kit to workington. I can provide guitars and a banjo if anyone is interested.

View user profile

29 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 14:58

StourLeedsMark wrote:There was at least two of us on their coach to Chipp that went to almost every home game last season and the one before plus half a dozen away matches. There were at least two others that go to every home game work permitting. The head llama goes to almost every home game work permitting. There were several others on the coach that go regularly. There was also Nathan.

I don't get the llama thing either but I don't think it should be discouraged.

I'm a recent addition to the red army but even l got a bit sniffy over the 'stourbridge til l die' lot at the Corby game encroaching on my standing spot in the shed that id never seen before.

I will be taking my full drum kit to workington. I can provide guitars and a banjo if anyone is interested.
That spot in the shed was probably the one i started using in 1974,i have recently re-claimed it!

Thanks for keeping it warm :-]]

View user profile

30 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 15:49

There is a  'head llama'?? Really!  What a Face 
I am glad I just go and watch the football, far simpler Wink



Last edited by Jane.N on Wed Oct 23 2013, 15:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add the comma!!!!!!!!!!)

View user profile

31 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 15:51

Jane.N wrote:There is a  'head llama'?? Really!  What a Face 
I am glad I just go and watch the football, far simpler Wink
Last edited by Jane.N on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add the comma!!!!!!!!!!)


Shame you forgot the full stop! Laughing

View user profile

32 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 16:27

I only say head llama because he organised the coach to chipp.
Maybe there is no head llama.
Maybe there is a two headed llama.... Who knows.

View user profile

33 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 16:31

Jack wrote:I'd have absolutely no problem with them if they went week in week out. But they don't! The 2 easiest away games to get too are Redditch and Banbury. They weren't at Redditch and they won't be at Banbury! The people at Chipp will have felt that they were proper Stour fans when they're not. No doubt they'll be at any big away tie if we win Saturday though.
Quite a few of the so called llamas were at the game played at Redditch on the Saturday as I was receiving text updates from them. Were you there?

How do you know they wont be at Banbury?

Can you read the minds of the Chippenham supporters? Most of the ones we were speaking to in the bar realised the crack with a lot of our fans being on a last away game of the season piss up. They were extremely grateful for the takings in the bar, that's what the barman said to me.

I would imagine most Stour fans will be at any big away tie in the 1st Round Proper. Should we be discouraging supporters from joining the Red Army on their travels

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

34 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 17:03

brockmoor wrote:
Jane.N wrote:There is a  'head llama'?? Really!  What a Face 
I am glad I just go and watch the football, far simpler Wink
Last edited by Jane.N on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add the comma!!!!!!!!!!)


Shame you forgot the full stop! Laughing
My winky face was in place of my full stop.....thats my story and I am sticking to it! Smile 

View user profile

35 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 17:08

UlsterJim wrote:
Jack wrote:I'd have absolutely no problem with them if they went week in week out. But they don't! The 2 easiest away games to get too are Redditch and Banbury. They weren't at Redditch and they won't be at Banbury! The people at Chipp will have felt that they were proper Stour fans when they're not. No doubt they'll be at any big away tie if we win Saturday though.
Quite a few of the so called llamas were at the game played at Redditch on the Saturday as I was receiving text updates from them.  Were you there?

How do you know they wont be at Banbury?

Can you read the minds of the Chippenham supporters?  Most of the ones we were speaking to in the bar realised the crack with a lot of our fans being on a last away game of the season piss up.  They were extremely grateful for the takings in the bar, that's what the barman said to me.

I would imagine most Stour fans will be at any big away tie in the 1st Round Proper.  Should we be discouraging supporters from joining the Red Army on their travels
We should absolutely encourage new fans - regular or not. It's the Barmy Llama bit I don't really 'get'. It would appear that by replies from others, some 'get it' and some don't. Each to their own eh. Cool 

View user profile

36 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 18:43

As far as I am aware Lee aka Trenchy coined the phrase Barmy Llama. Lee told me that when pissed up the chanting of Barmy Army can sound like Barmy Llama.

I think the term Barmy Llamas started over a drunken conversation, probably post match, in The Royal Oak about a year ago. The rest of the old school p*ssheads, of which I include myself, latched on to this and the rest as they say is history.

The actual events may not be exactly as described above, alcohol blurs the memory, but you get the gist.

Anyway it is a bit of harmless fun and we should all unite under the coalition of fans that is

"Gary Hackett's Red and White Army"

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

37 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:02

I'm not a lover of barmy llama but I can't criticise because Hazza my oldest talked me into buying him a barmy llama badge....he will be wearing it proudly on Saturday.

View user profile

38 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:03

Tricky Tree wrote:I'm not a lover of barmy llama but I can't criticise because Hazza my oldest talked me into buying him a barmy llama badge....he will be wearing it proudly on Saturday.
Hazza...........sounds like an Islamist terrorist!

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

39 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:06

Woo....me yes....my boys no!!

View user profile

40 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:09

Tricky Tree wrote:Woo....me yes....my boys no!!
** Achtung Achtung ** Tricky spelling mistake shocker.

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

41 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:18

Tricky Tree wrote:I'm not a lover of barmy llama but I can't criticise because Hazza my oldest talked me into buying him a barmy llama badge....he will be wearing it proudly on Saturday.
You got a lift for all 3 of you then? Lucky you! Sad 

View user profile

42 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:19

Tricky Tree wrote:I'm not a lover of barmy llama but I can't criticise because Hazza my oldest talked me into buying him a barmy llama badge....he will be wearing it proudly on Saturday.
You got a lift for all 3 of you then? Lucky you! Sad The boys will love it.

View user profile

43 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:19

Right to get this thread back on track to the tune of that well known loyalist ditty:

Hello Hello we are the Glassboys
Hello Hello we are the Glassboys
For we're up to our our kness in Halesowen blood
Surrender or you'll die
We are The Stourbridge Glassboys

Hello hello..............

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

44 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:20

Spelling mistake????

Yes TRM being a darling.

View user profile

45 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:30

Me, my Dad, a tall bald person and two under 10s. It's cold, it's wet and it's 451 miles there and back (according to the AA).

What could possibly go wrong...?

View user profile

46 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:39

Jack

avatar
Admin
What about your chant on the way back from Solihull Jim? Something about Celtic.... Wink

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

47 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:43

TRM aka Mr.Doom and gloom.

View user profile

48 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:45

Tricky Tree wrote:TRM aka Mr.Doom and gloom.
I'm just asking the question...!

View user profile

49 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:17

StourLeedsMark wrote:There was at least two of us on their coach to Chipp that went to almost every home game last season and the one before plus half a dozen away matches. There were at least two others that go to every home game work permitting. The head llama goes to almost every home game work permitting. There were several others on the coach that go regularly. There was also Nathan.

I don't get the llama thing either but I don't think it should be discouraged.

I'm a recent addition to the red army but even l got a bit sniffy over the 'stourbridge til l die' lot at the Corby game encroaching on my standing spot in the shed that id never seen before.

I will be taking my full drum kit to workington. I can provide guitars and a banjo if anyone is interested.

Just to confirm everything StourLeedsMark has mentioned in the above post, the vast majority on the Chippenham coach do indeed attend every home game. They also put more money over the bar on one single matchday than 80% of Stour fans do in a season. A number are season ticket holders. The ones that aren't give the club more money in one way or another than a lot of regulars who just turn up 5 min before kick off and bugger off straight after.

What I'm saying is that we are ALL Stourbridge, it's our town,our club,however different we show our support. We are all in it together. A good many of the newer members of our support are disillusioned supporters of local league clubs,just like I was back in 2004. Every single person who gives their time and money to follow Stour should be welcomed with open arms. We are very proud of our town and our club and let's hope our numbers both home and away continue to grow.

View user profile

50 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:27

Completely agree, Nathan.

I speak as one who usually turns up five minutes before kick off having rushed from my lad's 2 pm swimming lesson in Kingswinford, and who more often than not leaves ten minutes after the end after getting fed up of being pestered by said lad who is desperate to go home. I pay to get in, buy raffle tickets and have a go on the MotM, but I'll readily admit that's as much as I or my bank account can do.

We are all different. We all have our own ways of enjoying the "Matchday experience." My way of doing so is very different now from what it was 20-25 years ago, for example. As long as supporters don't do anything to bring the club's name into "disrepute" then as far as I'm concerned all are welcome and the more the merrier.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum