Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Songs old and new

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 21:58

Ulster and myself have been chatting about trying to make as much noise as we possibly can throughout this Saturday's massive game,regardless how we get on.
We then need to continue this at every away game if possible.
Although I've only been following Stour for a short period I have noticed we don't seem to have a decent array of songs.
Come on old timers and younger supporters,lets get our thinking caps on and our voices warmed up for Saturday.

View user profile

2 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:10

We should take instruments Smile

How about big bananas, or more importantly arm bands and rubber dingy's, if it keeps raining they may be of more use!

View user profile

3 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:12

Tricky Tree wrote:Ulster and myself have been chatting about trying to make as much noise as we possibly can throughout this Saturday's massive game,regardless how we get on.
We then need to continue this at every away game if possible.
Although I've only been following Stour for a short period I have noticed we don't seem to have a decent array of songs.
Come on old timers and younger supporters,lets get our thinking caps on and our voices warmed up for Saturday.
Instead of "where's your caravan" to scruffy long haired opposition players we should chant "there's our Canavan" when Drew gets the ball.

We could hum the theme to "Rocky" when Sam is on the ball.

How about singing the "Hawaii five-0" theme and mimicking the rowing action if Rowey scores?

View user profile

4 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:15

Liking it already boys....we should definitely take something to encourage noise and merriment.

View user profile

5 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:18

Devil.....regarding humming when "God" Rocky has the ball...
I find myself in such a daze at his brilliance that I'm pretty convinced I wouldn't be able to concentrate on getting my humming in tune.

View user profile

6 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:22

F**k me,this isn't a circus! NO TRUMPETS,DRUMS,OR ANY OTHER EAR SPLITTING DEVICES! We are more than capable of starting spontanious songs and chants without resorting to an orchestra and a song book! Don't mind a few rubber toys though.

As for instruments Brockmoor,I'll have my big tool with me!

View user profile

7 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:25

Tricky Tree wrote:Devil.....regarding humming when "God" Rocky has the ball...
I find myself in such a daze at his brilliance that I'm pretty convinced I wouldn't be able to concentrate on getting my humming in tune.
This is a bad idea,i'll be too busy berating him for losing cheap possession and then failing to work back.

Apologies for such a daft idea.

View user profile

8 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:26

Jack

Admin
Please please please no instruments.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

9 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:36

Tricky Tree wrote:Liking it already boys....we should definitely take something to encourage noise and merriment.

Yes Tricky, beer should do it.

View user profile

10 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:37

Nath....I warnt on about a "song book" just something more than "we are stourbridge say we are stourbridge" and "yellows,yellows"

View user profile

11 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:42

I would love to see you lot doing a rowing action if Rowey scored - it would be superb! Anything other than the ridiculous Barmy Llama rubbish! Sorry I just dont get it.....Rolling Eyes 

View user profile

12 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:42

Nathan Gulliver wrote:Don't mind a few rubber toys though.
No, too easy.

Shocked

View user profile

13 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:45

Nory aka Jack has just text saying his internet is playing up and can I add something on his behalf....he says if we score can we do the Poznan please as he thinks it looks superb when done en masse.

View user profile

14 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:51

Tricky Tree wrote:Nory aka Jack has just text saying his internet is playing up and can I add something on his behalf....he says if we score can we do the Poznan please as he thinks it looks superb when done en masse.
130 people doing the Poznan would look both ridiculous and funny.

We need our own version,i suggest we all take our jacket's off and wave them around our head's in what will become known as........................

"The Amble-coat"

View user profile

15 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:54

Jack needs to hang his head in shame!!Evil or Very Mad 

View user profile

16 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:57

Jane.N wrote:Jack needs to hang his head in shame!!Evil or Very Mad 
Tut,tut......you shouldn't be watching :-]]

View user profile

17 Re: Songs old and new on Tue Oct 22 2013, 23:01

Shocked Wink 

View user profile

18 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 08:26

brockmoor wrote:We should take instruments Smile
Does that include Vuvuzelas Wink 

And as for doing the Poznan, what about Nathan doing it Gangnam Style Laughing 

Plus if it does get boring there is always the Mexican Wave.

19 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 08:38

We need to get some songs going at home matches before we think about the away ones! Make Amblecote a fortress, etc.

Currently there's only a half-hearted 'red army' when we win a corner kicking towards the Shed.

View user profile

20 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 08:38

Jack

Admin
That's funny Tricky, because my internet connection is fine, I suggest you took the context of my text deliberately. Wink

21 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 09:08

Aha, a bit of Trickery from old Tricky. I did think it very strange that you would have suggested it Jack - knowing how much you hate that and other such celebrations - especially the mexican wave!!
You can hold your head up again! Wink 

View user profile

22 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 09:21

Jane.N wrote: Anything other than the ridiculous Barmy Llama rubbish! Sorry I just dont get it.....Rolling Eyes 
Thank you Jane. I am still trying to get my head around it too. Complete headsgone. Whilst my presence at games hasnt been at the same standard last/this season to those of the past, i dodnt think i have ever seen any of the 'Barmy Llamas' at an away game.

View user profile

23 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 09:31

Chippenham Away last year. Even some of the players on the coach commented about 'where have they all come from?'

View user profile

24 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 11:14

Even at that game they spent the WHOLE of the second half in the bar.

View user profile

25 Re: Songs old and new on Wed Oct 23 2013, 11:27

Jack

Admin
I'd have absolutely no problem with them if they went week in week out. But they don't! The 2 easiest away games to get too are Redditch and Banbury. They weren't at Redditch and they won't be at Banbury! The people at Chipp will have felt that they were proper Stour fans when they're not. No doubt they'll be at any big away tie if we win Saturday though.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum