Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absolutely Loving This Forum at the Moment

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
stour_boy wrote:Kidsgrove in the FAC, wow that brings back memories. Think we drew 2-2 with a last minute Rob Taylor equaliser?! Think we lost the replay 2-5.
Correct on both counts Stourboy. We battered them during the 2nd half of the first match. We should have won easily against what was then a higher division side
Aah,good old Rob Taylor.

I played football for the same Sunday league side as Rob,he joined us as an 17 year old with his good mate Benny Morse.

The manager made him centre half and he did a good job but he hated it there,was too quiet and reserved to complain though.

Next season i took over as player manager and i converted him into an attacking midfielder,he responded with 56 goals as we won the league.

My brother is mates with Gary Hackett so he recommended Rob to him only to be told he wouldn't be of the right standard for Stour ( which we knew was rubbish )

Rob went with a good mate of his Matt Blakemore to Lye Town an flourished.

A few months later he was at Stourbridge which my brother enjoyed reminding Hackett about.

Rob was a lovely lad,the best player i ever had the privelledge to share a pitch with but he was as robust as Bambi and it didn't surprise me when injury finished his career early.

Last i saw of Rob was when i was watching SKY News on TV in Feurteventura in October last year,he was being interviewed outside Comet in Halesowen as they were going bust,he'd just got himself a cheap washing machine or something.

He was stood there with a toddler holding his hand,i presume he was a dad by now and probably 30+ in age.

I remember dropping him and his mate Benny back home in Halesowen about 14 years ago when they were 17 ish and telling them to make the most of their talent and their youth because as a 38 year old i knew how quickly it would pass.

"Okay old timer" said Benny,always the cheeky one and the pair of them rolled their eyes up into their head at my words of advice.

They are now both fast closing in on the age i was then.........i'd love to see them again to remind them of that chat.

Like i said,Rob was a top lad and if anyone ever see's him send best wishes from me Mick,his old Sunday manager.

View user profile
Marti Pellow....Very Happy 
Dick Emery....Very Happy 
Shredded wheat hair....Very Happy 
Nath with a Keegan perm.....Very Happy 

Boys I've sputtered my cup of tea everywhere....
This is what the forum needs on a regular basis...good old fashioned p**s taking.

View user profile
Tricky Tree wrote:Marti Pellow....Very Happy 
Dick Emery....Very Happy 
Shredded wheat hair....Very Happy 
Nath with a Keegan perm.....Very Happy 

Boys I've sputtered my cup of tea everywhere....
This is what the forum needs on a regular basis...good old fashioned p**s taking.
You can regale us with tails about your hairstyle Tricky.

Write your reply on the back of a stamp and save wasting the paper and an envelope.

View user profile
I had such a wonderful head of hair that I had all the leading hair product companies vying for my services.Smile 

View user profile
Tricky Tree wrote:I had such a wonderful head of hair that I had all the leading hair product companies vying for my services.Smile 
Mr Sheen, Pledge...

View user profile
TRM wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:I had such a wonderful head of hair that I had all the leading hair product companies vying for my services.Smile 
Mr Sheen, Pledge...
He now uses one of those new steam mops TRM.

I do wish he'd powder his bounce on sunny days though because the sun keeps reflecting in my eyes.

View user profile
TRM having a chirp....I like that a lot.
Sorry TRM but leading companies in hair products don't try to sell furniture polish...good effort though.

View user profile
Devil.....you've used the one about powdering my bonce on a sunny day before.

New material required please sir....

View user profile
Very Happy I may have some pictures lurking around of young Ethans head of hair!! Very Happy 

View user profile
I truly believe this topic has now run it's natural course to a timely end.Neutral 

View user profile
Jane.N wrote:Very Happy I may have some pictures lurking around of young Ethans head of hair!! Very Happy 

This we have to see Jane............PLEASE!

What with Ethan's previous follicle history and Brockmoor's insistence he one had a mohican i think an "historic hair" thread should be started.

I'm willing to "out" my 1984 Limahl "skunk" look if others will play ball.

View user profile
Like I say....I'm convinced this subject has run it's course to a natural end.Wink 

View user profile

Jack

Admin
I'd be more than happy for such images to be found and put on here.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net
I bet you bloody would nory....I'll hunt out some of your baby pictures.

View user profile

Jack

Admin
Do your worst.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net
Oh nory.....what on earth are you getting into?

View user profile
Tricky Tree wrote:I bet you bloody would nory....I'll hunt out some of your baby pictures.
In the current climate, I would urge caution...

View user profile
TRM wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:I bet you bloody would nory....I'll hunt out some of your baby pictures.
In the current climate, I would urge caution...

Quite right TRM.

The last thing you want to be doing Tricky is uploading images of a baby in a bath!!

Do you have a death wish ?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum