Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys


You are not connected. Please login or register

Absolutely Loving This Forum at the Moment

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Thanks too Devil's Advocate for such a lovely welcome to the forum! Made me feel quite humble and brought a tear to my eye. I must say, us Stourbridge folk on the whole are a great bunch. Ive never encounterted such passionate loyal support ANYWHERE in the last 9 seasons of me being a Stour home and away regular. And yes,as TRM rightly said,this forum content is showing how rightly devoted and proud we all are of being supporters of our beloved Stourbridge FC. Yes there is micky take,yes there are regular disagreements and we all have our different opinions but it is clear for anyone to see we are all 'singing from the same hymn sheet' and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US has the clubs best interests at heart. Long may it continue.

View user profile
Tricky Tree wrote:Nath....you're forgetting the king of roundabouts....Milton Keynes!!!
Sorry Tricky, how could I forget MK! Roundabouts and all roads marked H or V ( Horizontal and Vertical) and they all look the bloody same! Worst place bar none in the country to navigate around. I used to dread deliveries to MK

View user profile
Bar none indeed....Turn right off the motorway island then 17th bloody roundabout turn right,12th roundabout turn left....like yourself I hated going to Milton Keynes,every road and roundabout looks the same.

View user profile
It would still be nice to have the option of delivering to Milton Keynes again though mate. Unfortunately for me, Mr. Policeman says no!

Ive had my happy pills upped to 150mg today by the way Tricky. I told the doc that I've had suicidal thoughts. I actually dreamt the other night that I threw myself under a train. Still,at least there is only 48 hours to go until my next Stour fix. Its better then any anti-depressant i've tried. Wish we could play every day!

View user profile
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Thanks too Devil's Advocate for such a lovely welcome to the forum! Made me feel quite humble and brought a tear to my eye. I must say, us Stourbridge folk on the whole are a great bunch. Ive never encounterted such passionate loyal support ANYWHERE in the last 9 seasons of me being a Stour home and away regular. And yes,as TRM rightly said,this forum content is showing how rightly devoted and proud we all are of being supporters of our beloved Stourbridge FC. Yes there is micky take,yes there are regular disagreements and we all have our different opinions but it is clear for anyone to see we are all 'singing from the same hymn sheet' and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US has the clubs best interests at heart. Long may it continue.

Nathan,not only am i impressed by the content of your actual post's but also the standard of your English and your punctuation.

I'd always assumed that once your balls had dropped and hair had started to sprout in your nether region's ( probably aged 7 in your case! ) that your concentration in class would have seen a marked decline as you pursued girl's bra straps whilst in class along with catching a sneaky peak under the desks.

I can only sumise from this that your English teacher must have been a bit of a "looker" and continued to gain your attention.

I'm enjoying your contribution by the way.

How about you writing a book entitled "Britain's best park benches".......a surefire winner for Xmas.

View user profile
Ahh,my English teacher! Right, when i was in the 4th year (aged 14-15) or should i say Year 10 for our younger posters, my English teacher, a posh late middle aged lady by the name of Mrs. Wherritt, called me behind one lesson after class. I assumed I was in for a bollocking as I rarely bothered to do any homework whatsoever. She said "Nathan,can I have a word". "Of course Miss",I replied crapping myself. "Nathan,I've got to tell you,you have the most beautiful eyes. You will break some hearts one day looking like you do" was her response. "Urm,OK Miss,thank you" I stuttered sheepishly. With that scuttled out of the door a bright shade of red! English always was my favourite subject!

As for chasing girls at the age of 7, I must say I had very little interested in the opposite sex at all throughout my school years, and yes, that includes secondary school! I was more interested in sport and daydreaming my way through the tedious school day. Dare I say I was bored stiff.

View user profile
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Ahh,my English teacher! Right, when i was in the 4th year (aged 14-15) or should i say Year 10 for our younger posters, my English teacher, a posh late middle aged lady by the name of Mrs. Wherritt, called me behind one lesson after class. I assumed I was in for a bollocking as I rarely bothered to do any homework whatsoever. She said "Nathan,can I have a word". "Of course Miss",I replied crapping myself. "Nathan,I've got to tell you,you have the most beautiful eyes. You will break some hearts one day looking like you do" was her response. "Urm,OK Miss,thank you" I stuttered sheepishly. With that scuttled out of the door a bright shade of red! English always was my favourite subject!

As for chasing girls at the age of 7, I must say I had very little interested in the opposite sex at all throughout my school years, and yes, that includes secondary school! I was more interested in sport and daydreaming my way through the tedious school day. Dare I say I was bored stiff.

I thought "stiff" would come into it somewhere along the line!

View user profile
150mg....hard core....

Devil leave my magnificent locks out of this.

View user profile
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Dave the Glassboys foibles regarding avoidance of the M6,despite your act of wide eyed innocence on this subject. Dave the proof is there on post 37 of the "Second Round FA Cup" thread ( my own error there of course before you mention it TRM ),you clearly are the first one to be aghast at someone heading to stated destination by using the M6 and long will you be reminded of this.
Not having that. The quote you refer to reads as follows:

Quite why you're using the motorway for Rushall or Chasetown is anyone's guess.
Quite clearly only refers to two local teams for which a more direct route is available. It's Stourboy that has a general phobia about the M6.
Like i said previously.....totally aghast at someone using the M6 to get to those two venues and no doubt Hednesford and many others in that direction.

Keep it up Dave,every time you protest it just get's funnier :-]]


In reply to you Tricky..........i hang my head in shame.......i am indeed the "is it 3-0" man.

You see Dave,you can't begin to recover from the illness until you accept that you have the problem,my therapist told me this is an important part of recovery.

I hope to see you on the M6 on the way up to Workington with a bag over your head :-]]
Hang on, am I being played here?

View user profile
Newbie poster here! I thought this was an appropriate thread to introduce myself.

I've been reading this forum (and its predecessor) for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed/appreciated the regular updates during games.  However, I never got involved as could not make it to many games for various reasons (family and work etc) and didn't have much to contribute.  This season I have managed to attend a number of games and hope to continue to do so, so thought now was good time to join.

I look forward to getting involved!

View user profile
Taniwha wrote:Newbie poster here! I thought this was an appropriate thread to introduce myself.

I've been reading this forum (and its predecessor) for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed/appreciated the regular updates during games.  However, I never got involved as could not make it to many games for various reasons (family and work etc) and didn't have much to contribute.  This season I have managed to attend a number of games and hope to continue to do so, so thought now was good time to join.

I look forward to getting involved!
Welcome.

I used to do regular updates during the matches but these days I stick to Twitter - if you're on there you can follow @glassboy68 for goal flashes, HT and FT scores.

View user profile
I swear you're on some sort of commission TRM.

View user profile
No, I'm just collecting followers. 151 now!

My latest follower, I kid you not on this, is Judith Bunting, who profiles herself thus...

"Lib Dem PPC working for all across WBerks - Newbury, Hungerford, Thatcham, Aldermaston, Compton, Lambourn, E Garston et al."

Now I've been to Hungerford once - to see us play - but none of the other places. Other than that I have no connection with any of them and have never tweeted anything to do with them. But if she wants to follow me, then I suppose it's a free World. An odd World, but nevertheless a free World...

View user profile
You certainly attract them Ricardo.

View user profile
Tweeting is alien to me. I've only just got this far,don't think I'm brave enough just yet to take any further steps into the deep dark world of the internet!

View user profile
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Tweeting is alien to me. I've only just got this far,don't think I'm brave enough just yet to take any further steps into the deep dark world of the internet!
Nathan.....

To help me in getting DA off my back!

Do you remember me when i had spikey hair (Marti Pellow esq), or a mohican? DA is adamant i never did, but cant find any photos around as proof. Sad 

Your help would be appreciated.cheers 

View user profile
brockmoor wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Tweeting is alien to me. I've only just got this far,don't think I'm brave enough just yet to take any further steps into the deep dark world of the internet!
Nathan.....

To help me in getting DA off my back!

Do you remember me when i had spikey hair (Marti Pellow esq), or a mohican? DA is adamant i never did, but cant find any photos around as proof. Sad 

Your help would be appreciated.cheers 

Can i just clarify that i'm not on Brockmoor's back.

My sex life might not rival Nathan's these days but even i couldn't lower myself to those sorts of standards.

View user profile
Devil's Advocate wrote:
brockmoor wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Tweeting is alien to me. I've only just got this far,don't think I'm brave enough just yet to take any further steps into the deep dark world of the internet!
Nathan.....

To help me in getting DA off my back!

Do you remember me when i had spikey hair (Marti Pellow esq), or a mohican? DA is adamant i never did, but cant find any photos around as proof. Sad 

Your help would be appreciated.cheers 
Can i just clarify that i'm not on Brockmoor's back.

My sex life might not rival Nathan's these days but even i couldn't lower myself to those sorts of standards.
Dont worry DA, Even if i was that way inclined i would never let my standards slip that low. Those 'Dick Emery' shorts you worn in the Summer, and now that blue tea cozy you wear on your bonce doesnt do it for me. Laughing 

View user profile
Favourite Simon quote of all time:

"REFFFFFF! REFFFFFFFFF! REEEEFFFFF! COWIN' HELL REFFFFFFFFFFF! Oh bollocks then"

Very Happy

View user profile
brockmoor wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Tweeting is alien to me. I've only just got this far,don't think I'm brave enough just yet to take any further steps into the deep dark world of the internet!
Nathan.....

To help me in getting DA off my back!

Do you remember me when i had spikey hair (Marti Pellow esq), or a mohican? DA is adamant i never did, but cant find any photos around as proof. Sad 

Your help would be appreciated.cheers 
Yes DA, I can confirm Brockmoor's haircuts! It is in a large way down to Brockmoor that I decided it was Stour and the shrine that is Amblecote where my heart lay. I watched Stour from 2001 whenever Albion didn't have a game. It was a Sunday game down at Amblecote against Kidsgrove in an FA Cup prelim round match in about 04/05 where stood in the shed with Brockmoor,I knew then that I felt more passion and cared so much more than I ever did with the Albion. The rest as they say is history!

View user profile
Nathan Gulliver wrote:
brockmoor wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:Tweeting is alien to me. I've only just got this far,don't think I'm brave enough just yet to take any further steps into the deep dark world of the internet!
Nathan.....

To help me in getting DA off my back!

Do you remember me when i had spikey hair (Marti Pellow esq), or a mohican? DA is adamant i never did, but cant find any photos around as proof. Sad 

Your help would be appreciated.cheers 
Yes DA, I can confirm Brockmoor's haircuts! It is in a large way down to Brockmoor that I decided it was Stour and the shrine that is Amblecote where my heart lay. I watched Stour from 2001 whenever Albion didn't have a game. It was a Sunday game down at Amblecote against Kidsgrove in an FA Cup prelim round match in about 04/05 where stood in the shed with Brockmoor,I knew then that I felt more passion and cared so much more than I ever did with the Albion. The rest as they say is history!
I'll take your word for it about Brock's hair Nath,it's just hard to believe that his present "shredded wheat" effort could ever previously have been such a fine specimen.

View user profile
My own hair used to be quite impressive too DA. I'm sure a good number of you remember the big curly perm I used to proudly wear.

View user profile
Kidsgrove in the FAC, wow that brings back memories. Think we drew 2-2 with a last minute Rob Taylor equaliser?! Think we lost the replay 2-5.

View user profile
stour_boy wrote:Kidsgrove in the FAC, wow that brings back memories. Think we drew 2-2 with a last minute Rob Taylor equaliser?! Think we lost the replay 2-5.
Correct on both counts Stourboy. We battered them during the 2nd half of the first match. We should have won easily against what was then a higher division side

View user profile
stour_boy wrote:Favourite Simon quote of all time:

"REFFFFFF! REFFFFFFFFF! REEEEFFFFF! COWIN' HELL REFFFFFFFFFFF! Oh bollocks then"

Very Happy
The full quote was "Hey ref. Ref. He just told you to f'k off ref. Ref. E cor say that. It's foul an abusive that is. Have i m for it ref. Foul and abusive. Ref. REF. Oh bollocks t'ya."

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum