Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1 Workington on Mon Oct 14 2013, 16:13

A few links...

Official website - http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc

Forum - http://derwentend.createforumhosting.com/

Twitter - @WorkingtonAFC

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/WorkingtonRedsAFC

Highlights from 3rd Qual match at Guisborough -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmkG0sYhONw

Blog on same game - http://www.thecasualhopper.co.uk/

And another one - http://facupgroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

View user profile

2 Re: Workington on Mon Oct 14 2013, 21:37

Put me down for a seat please Jim

oops wrong topic

View user profile

3 Re: Workington on Tue Oct 15 2013, 13:48

Somebody on Workington's forum has been doing their research...

"A match we should win but we will have to on our guard in our own penalty area and the referee has not to be fooled by the Stourbridge players falling and diving about. One of their players has scored 11 pens so far this season and 39 in the last 3. I can't remember us having 1 this season."

A case of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 427!

View user profile

4 Re: Workington on Tue Oct 15 2013, 16:33

Jack

Admin
Already discussed this with TRM, but this year I can't think of 1 iffy one, I've seen? Sutton apparently, but that was handball!

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

5 Re: Workington on Tue Oct 15 2013, 17:34

Let Workington worry about our penalty record i say! Their concern rather than our "diving" players should be more our ability to have such an amount of possession in the box to win said penalties in the first place!

View user profile

6 Re: Workington on Tue Oct 15 2013, 18:19

NATHAN.....look everyone it's NATHAN

View user profile

7 Re: Workington on Wed Oct 16 2013, 10:01

It is a remarkable amount of penalties to a supporter of any other team but only the Sutton penalty was a bit dodgy this season from the games I've been to.

View user profile

8 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 12:50

Ulster Jim has invaded the Workington Forum...!

http://derwentend.createforumhosting.com/topic1554.html

View user profile

9 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 13:02

He gets everywhere doesn't he????

View user profile

10 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 13:05

Tricky Tree wrote:He gets everywhere doesn't he????
Sorry, are we still talking about Jim or another, slightly newer, member of this forum?

View user profile

11 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 13:45

TRM wrote:
Sorry, are we still talking about Jim or another, slightly newer, member of this forum?
I hope very much we are talking about Ulster Jim here, although I'm struggling to think of anyone else that TRM could be hinting at?? Mmmm,I wonder....

View user profile

12 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 14:37

So does dog muck!

View user profile

13 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:41

Apart from molesting sheep,does anyone know if there is anything of interest to do in Shap on the Friday night? That is potentially where we are staying. I fear I could be tucked up in bed by 9pm!

View user profile

14 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:47

Nathan Gulliver wrote:Apart from molesting sheep,does anyone know if there is anything of interest to do in Shap on the Friday night? That is potentially where we are staying. I fear I could be tucked up in bed by 9pm!
From Wikipedia...

"The village has three pubs, a small supermarket, a fish and chip shop, an antique book shop, a butcher's shop, a primary school, a newsagent's, a coffee shop, a ceramic art studio called Edge Ceramics, a fire station, a bank (only open 4 hours a week), a shoe shop (New Balance factory shop) an Anglican church and 3 B&B/ Hostels."

No nightclubs or knocking shops, from the look of things. Any place where the sixth biggest attraction is an antique bookshop can't be up to much!

View user profile

15 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:56

Purely in terms of support, this game is starting to assume big proportions now. We are likely to have our biggest travelling support for many years for a game of any significant distance (other than Plymouth, of course, and perhaps that day at Frome as well).

The Plymouth game saw a lot of "day-trippers" which I am not knocking at all, but for most of us regulars it didn't quite feel like a proper Stour game. To me it was like being amongst another set of supporters for the day. All the regulars were there but not as a communal group. I hope this will be a bit different and we will truly be one big "Yellow Army" for the day.

View user profile

16 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:57

Cheers for the info RM. Three pubs and a chippy,,that sounds fine to me! ....unless they all have the same idea about opening hours as the bank does.

View user profile

17 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 20:42

Nathan Gulliver wrote:Cheers for the info RM. Three pubs and a chippy,,that sounds fine to me! ....unless they all have the same idea about opening hours as the bank does.

LOL.

You could always take that large blow up doll with you Nath.

View user profile

18 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 20:46

Is it the people of Workington who are known as "Jam-Eaters"?

View user profile

19 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 22:31

I think it would be hard to top the following we took to Buxton, my oh my that was a big following of Stour fans and what a result to boot.

View user profile

20 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 22:31

Dave the Glassboy wrote:Is it the people of Workington who are known as "Jam-Eaters"?

no no no that's Whitehaven Very Happy Very Happy 

There are also nightclubs/pubs in the town centre, some also serve food. Most popular are the 3 fish and chip shops , greggs, subway, mcdonalds, then takeaways

View user profile

21 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 22:41

View user profile

22 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 22:47

workington wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:Is it the people of Workington who are known as "Jam-Eaters"?

There are also nightclubs/pubs in the town centre, some also serve food. Most popular are the 3 fish and chip shops , greggs, subway, mcdonalds, then takeaways
By gum.....you really know how to live up there don't you!

View user profile

23 Re: Workington on Thu Oct 17 2013, 23:14

Devil's Advocate wrote:
workington wrote:

By gum.....you really know how to live up there don't you!
I think I'm going to book for a week next summer!

I've got a feeling that my initial image of the native women isn't going to be too far from the truth!

View user profile

24 safe and nice journey on Fri Oct 18 2013, 17:00

be nice to see you all at borough park,the ground may be scruffy,but the playing surface is one of the best in the country.
enjoy a safe trip through the beautiful cumbrian countryside.
been following the reds since the fifties,better than following the so called glamour clubs,
Workington are my team,not some team from miles away.

View user profile

25 Re: Workington on Fri Oct 18 2013, 17:17

west cumberland marrs wrote:be nice to see you all at borough park,the ground may be scruffy,but the playing surface is one of the best in the country.
enjoy a safe trip through the beautiful cumbrian countryside.
been following the reds since the fifties,better than following the so called glamour clubs,
Workington are my team,not some team from miles away.
Well said my friend. The pride and passion we show for our clubs outweighs by far that of the so called glamour clubs. Very much looking forward to seeing you all up there next weekend. Good to hear that you have a decent playing surface too,should make for an excellent game of football. Don't worry about your ground being scruffy,its a PROPER old ground. Far better than some soul-less,new,rent-a-stand type ground. Welcome to our forum too!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum