Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup second round draw.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Mon Sep 16 2013, 23:06

fairly certain this is a misleadingly titled thread. there are another four rounds to get through before the second round....

View user profile

27 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Tue Sep 17 2013, 00:04

i'llgetmeamblecoat wrote:fairly certain this is a misleadingly titled thread. there are another four rounds to get through before the second round....
Thank you for your input.

You must be a barrel of laughs in real life.

View user profile

28 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Tue Sep 17 2013, 06:24

Surprised nobody's mentioned that every time we've got to the First Round Proper... we've beaten Evesham along the way.

We've also not been drawn against higher level opposition during either of those runs (in the Quals, I mean). Some good omens there so far...

View user profile

29 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Tue Sep 17 2013, 07:33

Yeah, really good omens.

Got a good feeling this year, if we can avoid Step 2 or above clubs then who knows.

But one round at a time. We know what happened last time we played Sutton and Newcastle so we can't take anything for granted.

View user profile

30 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Thu Sep 19 2013, 10:37

When is the 2nd round game? Any home tie versus a lower ranked Club is always good. I remember the Newcastle game, got stick in traffic and missed the 1st 20minutes. Was it not the same season we lost to Newcastle Bay Plastics in the trophy (what a day that was- result excluded) so I'd be inclined to say 2005/06 season?

View user profile

31 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Thu Sep 19 2013, 10:42

A week on Sat. 28th Sept.

View user profile

32 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Thu Sep 19 2013, 20:42

NickSFCB wrote:When is the 2nd round game? Any home tie versus a lower ranked Club is always good. I remember the Newcastle game, got stick in traffic and missed the 1st 20minutes. Was it not the same season we lost to Newcastle Bay Plastics in the trophy (what a day that was- result excluded) so I'd be inclined to say 2005/06 season?
The game against Newcastle Benfield Bay Plastics (give us an "N") was an FA Vase tie - indeed our last ever (hopefully) FA Vase tie and thus in 2005-06 which was our last MFA season.

The infamous Newcastle Town FA Cup game was in September 2006, so the following season and (as stated above) our first back in the SLM.

View user profile

33 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Thu Sep 19 2013, 21:57

I also missed the start of that game; proof that travelling North is much much worse than going South. That day put me off the M5/M6 North :/

View user profile

34 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Thu Sep 19 2013, 23:01

stour_boy wrote:I also missed the start of that game; proof that travelling North is much much worse than going South. That day put me off the M5/M6 North :/
Only because there was an England international at Old Trafford on the same day.

Given the choice I'd go north any day.

View user profile

35 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Fri Sep 20 2013, 07:10

stour_boy wrote:I also missed the start of that game; proof that travelling North is much much worse than going South. That day put me off the M5/M6 North :/
It's not "proof" at all - it's "evidence".

To prove your theory correct you'd need to come up with a lot more than one day's findings when there were special mitigating factors.

View user profile

36 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Fri Sep 20 2013, 07:28

Well all I know is we had a nightmare journey up that day and also sometimes for Rushall/Chasetown whereas everytime I've gone M42/M40 I've never had a problem. OK it's not a huge sample size but when you miss the start of an FA Cup game and miss a wonder goal by Scott Stevenson it tends to stick in the memory.

Plus DTG loves to point out the England game factor but I can't believe that was the only factor causing traffic that day.

View user profile

37 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Fri Sep 20 2013, 07:43

Quite why you're using the motorway for Rushall or Chasetown is anyone's guess.

View user profile

38 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Fri Sep 20 2013, 19:44

It's still 'going North'

View user profile

39 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Fri Sep 20 2013, 19:48

I'd use the Motorway for Rushall - M5 then M6 south. Maybe for Chasetown too.

View user profile

40 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Fri Sep 20 2013, 21:24

^when in rome.....^ Rolling Eyes 

Devil's Advocate wrote:
i'llgetmeamblecoat wrote:fairly certain this is a misleadingly titled thread. there are another four rounds to get through before the second round....
Thank you for your input.

You must be a barrel of laughs in real life.

View user profile

41 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Fri Sep 20 2013, 22:38

TRM wrote:I'd use the Motorway for Rushall - M5 then M6 south. Maybe for Chasetown too.
I generally favour the A461 personally. Certainly for Rushall.

Then the A5 for Chasetown.

View user profile

42 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Mon Sep 23 2013, 17:09

Kendall away was an easy enough journey considering we had to use the M6 midweek.

View user profile

43 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Mon Sep 23 2013, 17:42

Certainly in our MFA days we had several trips to Rocester, Stafford Town and Biddulph and can't recall the M6 ever being delayed on any of those occasions.

Yes it gets snarled up on Fridays but we'd be unlikely to be traversing on that day!

View user profile

44 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Wed Sep 25 2013, 07:59

Went up to Hanley Town last night and the M6 was fine up to Junction 15.

View user profile

45 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Wed Sep 25 2013, 20:13

Dave the Glassboy wrote:Went up to Hanley Town last night and the M6 was fine up to Junction 15.
There's always anomalies Razz

View user profile

46 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Wed Sep 25 2013, 23:09

stour_boy wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:Went up to Hanley Town last night and the M6 was fine up to Junction 15.
There's always anomalies Razz
Which the day of the Newcastle Town game was! Laughing 

View user profile

47 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Sat Nov 09 2013, 16:49

DA knew all along....

Looks like Stourbridge will be the lowest ranked team left in other than Shortwood who are playing on Monday

View user profile

48 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Sat Nov 09 2013, 16:59

The last goal ruined the three goals in each round pattern. I'm wondering whether any team has scored more than 16 in the cup this season though.

View user profile

49 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Sat Nov 09 2013, 17:17

stourbridge actually scored 19 in 2011-12 (and 15 in 2009-10) though so not even a club record.

View user profile

50 Re: FA Cup second round draw. on Sat Nov 09 2013, 17:21

corby scored 19 (and out) this year.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum