Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bedford next up.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Bedford next up. on Tue Aug 27 2013, 00:31

Not a happy hunting ground for us traditionally but they've just suffered a couple of quite heavy beating's.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to make the trip seeing as Albion are now playing on Sunday.

Are many of you lot making the trip?

PS.

I'll undercut Jim's coach price :- ]]

View user profile

2 Re: Bedford next up. on Tue Aug 27 2013, 08:49

You don't want to undercut Jims prices....not with his connections.Very Happy 
Really wanted to do this game but unfortunately can't so any updates will be greatly appreciated.

View user profile

3 Re: Bedford next up. on Tue Aug 27 2013, 09:47

Tricky Tree wrote:You don't want to undercut Jims prices....not with his connections.Very Happy 
I know where you live!

View user profile http://www.nibadges.com

4 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 11:01

I see that Nathan is missing on Saturday which is always a concern.

I'm looking forward to my first trip to Bedford's ground,are many of the rest of you travelling?

View user profile

5 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 12:20

Devil's Advocate wrote:I see that Nathan is missing on Saturday which is always a concern.

I'm looking forward to my first trip to Bedford's ground,are many of the rest of you travelling?

You will be graced with my company.

6 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 12:22

UlsterJim wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I see that Nathan is missing on Saturday which is always a concern.

How many are there on the coach Jim?

I'll have room to pick up a couple of spares when you break down.

View user profile

7 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 12:25

Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:

There have been a few drop outs on the coach, about 16 fans now.

8 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 12:26

Dont curse the coach,the last one only just got there! Will be there with dad Brucey is going and think Ken G!!

View user profile

9 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 12:40

UlsterJim wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:

If anyone want's to get back to Stour within 90 minutes of the end of the game rather than arriving back at 4.00am after Jim's pub crawl then let me know at the game,i'm happy to fit a couple in the back of my car.

Trickey,if you want a lift back can you powder your head first so the sun doesn't reflect off it into my eyes please.

View user profile

10 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:06

Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:

If anyone want's to get back to Stour within 90 minutes of the end of the game rather than arriving back at 4.00am after Jim's pub crawl then let me know at the game,i'm happy to fit a couple in the back of my car.

Trickey,if you want a lift back can you powder your head first so the sun doesn't reflect off it into my eyes please.

Tricky is not on board for this one, I think he is washing the two hairs on his head.

11 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:13

I'll be there under my own steam, with El Presidente as passenger.

Hopefully we can carry our goal-scoring form into the game from last Monday because I wouldn't put a lot of money on us keeping a clean sheet without Nathan - we seem to be struggling to do that even with him!

Not a happy hunting ground as has already been said, but I was there for our only win in 2010 when James Cooper scored after we'd been reduced to 10 men. Perhaps that's the trick - get a bloke sent off! Volunteers, anybody...

View user profile

12 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:26

Can you pencil me in for a lift back please DA as meant to be goin out

View user profile

13 Re: Bedford next up. on Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:43

Ulster and devil can you please put your claws away?
You're scratching my last couple of hairs out.

View user profile

14 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 15:12

Team: Coleman Drake Oliver Richards Geddes Eze Fitzpatrick Broadhurst Benbow Billingham Rowe

Subs: Lloyd Washbourne D Bennett Briscoe Agbor

View user profile

15 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 15:23

0-1 penalty for them 19 minutes

View user profile

16 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 15:26

Evesham United 0-1 Bolehall Swifts latest

We play the winners away on 14 September

View user profile

17 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 15:27

Stour 2 down now

View user profile

18 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 15:48

HT 2 down

View user profile

19 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 15:50

Attendance at Bedford 267

HT Evesham 0 Bolehall 1

View user profile

20 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 16:11

Jack

Admin
We never win at Bedford. No biggy. Very Happy Wink

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

21 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 16:30

Latest Evesham 2 Bolehall 1

Stour still 2 down

View user profile

22 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 17:23

Full time lost 0-2

Evesham won 2-1 so they will be our FA Cup opponents in two weeks' time.

View user profile

23 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 20:29

For the first 19 minutes we dominated,we played some good football and created a few chances but alas we fannied around a bit too much and were not clinical enough.

Brockmoor (Neil) turned to me and said that this was going to be the same as he'd witnessed at Bedford last season,we'd have all the play and they'd score a couple of "sucker punch" goals.

How right he was,a penalty from absolutely nothing when Oliver almost decapitated one of their bloke's with a rash flailing leg and Coleman then seemed to almost dive over the resultant penalty.

Our head's seemed to drop immediately and there was a lack of anyone trying to close down the guy who hit their 20 yard "bobbler" that Coleman spilled straight to the guy to score their second.

So far this season we don't seem to be responding very well to other sides grabbing a lead.

The frustrating thing was that Bedford were almost as poor as Redditch,they offered very little going forward but once we'd gifted them a two goal lead we gave them plenty to hold onto and they did so with some ease.

There were too many insipid performances from our lad's today with only a small number who could be pleased with their day's efforts.

I voted for Will Richards as man of the match,it was another outstanding performance from the young man at the back,the new "Nathan Bennett" for my money,composed,strong in the air and in the tackle,neat passing and able to carry the ball out,stick with this position Will,it suit's you down to the ground.

Having said that it was beyond belief that Richards wasn't thrown up front for the last half hour to give us some options as nothing else was working.

Wurzel had a good game,Geddes tried hard to prompt as usual and Agbor almost got my man of the match vote for his substitute performance,this boy possesses something different,a touch of class and a bit of magic around the box and deserves a start.

My personal view is that the first 19 minutes of us pouring forward made us a bit complacent,player's and fan's alike,we felt Bedford were there for the taking and we took our eye of the ball.

Time for Gary and John to get in the player's faces and tell a few home truths,better concentration and a few per cent increase in work rate and commitment are needed,we need to find a consistent level,we are too up and down at present.

Well done Will Richards though and to the 50 odd fan's who made the trip.

View user profile

24 Re: Bedford next up. on Sat Aug 31 2013, 23:29

Jack

Admin
Great to here that about Will! Long way to go,but maybe, just maybe replacing Macca might not be as hard as we thought?

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

25 Re: Bedford next up. on Sun Sep 01 2013, 08:31

Very strange match as in very one sided but could not score,nice build up play but no end result,everyone needs to dust them themselves down and prepare for Tuesdays game.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum