Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Captain

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Captain on Thu Aug 15 2013, 19:08

Dont think it has been announced but my choice out of Leon,Ben B and Nathan B,would be Leon? Unless missed anyone out?

View user profile

2 Re: The Captain on Thu Aug 15 2013, 19:18

Jack

Admin
Leon had it Saturday.

View user profile http://glassboys.the-talk.net

3 Re: The Captain on Thu Aug 15 2013, 20:28

I'd go for Nathan personally. Simply because a central defender is best placed on the pitch to see the pattern of the game and the team and do the organising. But I've no problem with Leon either.

Don't see any other candidates.

View user profile

4 Re: The Captain on Fri Aug 16 2013, 08:24

Nathan's the obvious choice but he's turned it down in the past. The last time Ben was captain it seemed to have an adverse affect on his own performance. So unless Nathan's changed his mind I'd pick Leon.

View user profile

5 Re: The Captain on Fri Aug 16 2013, 08:40

I suppose it depends what you want from a captain. If it's just somebody to lead by example then Nathan and Leon are both ideal. If you want a screamer and bawler dishing out b******ings left, right and centre, then they're perhaps not right for the job. If you just want a bloke who knows his heads from his tails then it doesn't really matter who it is!

View user profile

6 Re: The Captain on Fri Aug 16 2013, 09:49

I'd give it to Sean Geddes.....make him lead by example.
Didn't do Roy Keane any harm(different standard I appreciate)

View user profile

7 Re: The Captain on Fri Aug 16 2013, 09:55

I had Jamie more in mind when I mentioned screaming and bawling and dishing out b******ings. Not saying he'd be my choice, but he'd be a different type of captain if we wanted that.

EDIT - of course, Nathan and Leon are also pretty much inked in on the temasheet for every game. Maybe the same can't be said for Jamie (or Sean) necessarily.

View user profile

8 Re: The Captain on Fri Aug 16 2013, 10:07

Temasheet TRM???
Sounds like a downstairs lady product!!

Not up to your normal high standards.Very Happy 

View user profile

9 Re: The Captain on Fri Aug 16 2013, 10:08

I like the idea of Nath being captain. Commands himself well, has a physical presence and keeps a cool head most of the time. The bawlers and shouters will always do it so you might as well just leave them to it.

View user profile

10 Re: The Captain on Fri Aug 16 2013, 11:05

Flex is right when his says the bawlers will always bawl whether captain or not.

Nathan has had the job before on a temporary basis and for me then he wasn't at his best.

For me its Leon and can lead the team by his no stop running and commitment.

View user profile

11 Re: The Captain on Fri Aug 16 2013, 20:57

Ben Billingham.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum